It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Large Meteor May have just hit Tunisia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

BobAthome

thepolish1

mclinking

abecedarian

Montana
reply to post by thepolish1

Not sure why you are perplexed, but according to the Vatican the observatory is used to explore God's handiwork.

From the observatory FAQ:

Why is the Vatican interested in astronomy?
Initially it was for a practical reason, to reform the Julian Calendar, like so many national observatories that were started, e.g., to improve navigation at sea; later at the establishment of the present form of the Vatican Observatory in 1891, for an apologetic purpose, in the sense of defending the Catholic Church's positive regard for science; now to join in doing good science in a way that is possible, given the Vatican's other concerns, as part of the consequence that the Incarnation of Christ applies to all human activity.

edit on 9/15/2013 by Montana because: (no reason given)

The Church has an interest in knowing what goes on as "science" can only explain the "how" or "what" happens. What Scripture there is doesn't delve too deeply into that, does it? Is it an assembly manual for the Universe?

Someone can tell me that two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen can combine to create water and that so many of life's processes require that molecule for function; no one can tell "why" without diverting to "this is how the elements and chemicals work". No one can state "why" things have to be the way they are.

Correlation does not equal causation. The "why" things are as they are, at least for now, lies in the realms of philosophy and religion. And I'm often reminded that intelligent decisions do not always require conscious thought.

edit on 9/16/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

The only interest of the Vatican is Wormwood described in Revelation. They are terrified that this cosmic object is on its way. The VATT scope is very advanced, very expensive, and very private.
edit on 16-9-2013 by mclinking because: (no reason given)

My point exactly, very private......why?........ That's why I was perplexed.....but I would like to thank everyone for their explainations.

why didn't u just say Vatican,, here u go

Researchers say star in Hamlet may be supernova of 1572
www.txstate.edu...

start here.

I did, it was on the previous page. I'll have to keep an eye on that, Thanks bob.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
hey guys it is that time of year for meteor showers enjoy them but don't post stock photo's of past meteorites it is tacky.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
On 27 June, 1931, The Tatahouine meteorite fell to Earth, and pieces of it are rather sought after by collectors, because it was a rare diogenite. The meteorite takes it's name from where it fell:

Location: Foam Tatahouine, Tunisia - Lat. N. 32° 57' Long. E. 10° 25'.

Tatahouine Meteorite

Now, amazing enough, we may have another one!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

And they say lightning never strikes twice!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder
reply to post by TrueAmerican

"Every knee WILL bow and every tongue WILL confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."
edit on 16-9-2013 by StopThaZionistWorldOrder because: typo

Wow, that sounds like a nice religion. Not exactly what I was expecting from Christianity, unless you've put your own doom-mongering spin on it?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smugmushroom

There are way more verses in God's word about judgement and hell then there are about pleasantries because without Jesus one is walking towards hell which is in a dimension where pain is a thousand times more severe than any pain in the 3rd dimension. All you have to do is repent and make him your Lord and he will make you immortal in his kingdom. You will also heal anyone you want to because the covenant of life in Christ is stronger than sin and death.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hi fellow believers, found this:

www.tunisia-live.net... home-of-star-wars/

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

In a way our solar system IS a debris field....

Kuiper Belt

Oort Cloud

Asteroid Belt

The outer objects would seem not much to be concerned with til you start
considering something might be out there that disturbs them on a long period
sending in a hail of projectiles our way.

Nemesis - Dark Star

Nemesis is a hypothetical red dwarf star[1] or brown dwarf,[2] originally postulated in 1984 to be orbiting the Sun at a distance of about 95,000 AU (1.5 light-years),[2] somewhat beyond the Oort cloud, to explain a perceived cycle of mass extinctions in the geological record, which seem to occur more often at intervals of 26 million years

Tyche - likely distant orbit planet

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This may be a stock photo, but who cares. Meteors strike the Earth all the time. Is this article trying to state that there is some kind of cover up of alien activity or something? To quote Freud, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
And sometimes a cigar is really an alien space ship....

(post by kimmed removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join