It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Little Known Facts About The Pentagon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A little food for thought...Five Little Known Facts About The Pentagon...

1. The Pentagon was Constructed on Hell's Bottom

During the Civil War, a settlement known as Freedman’s Village sprung up on Robert E. Lee’s former estate, as escaped slaves made their way to the non-Union held territory. After the war these settlements became communities in an area known as Hell's Bottom. When planners decided where they wanted to construct the Pentagon, it was first decided to be built East of Arlington Cemetery. However, they were told specifically they must build it on Hell's Bottom, which later became known as East Arlington

2. The Pentagon is a Pentagram

In an aerial view of Washington D.C. those with keen eyes are able to see certain geometric shapes and designs (which I won't get into here). Washington, D.C. is a very carefully planned city. In 1791, President Washington commissioned Pierre (Peter) Charles L'Enfant, a French-born architect and city planner, to design the new capital. Some may call it a "conspiracy theory", and some may call it a coincidence, but Pierre (along with George Washington) was a high-ranking Freemason. This is reflected in the architecture of Washington D.C. The Washington monument itself, is actually an obelisk, and was consecrated in a Masonic Ritual. The reason this is important is because President Roosevelt, was also a high-ranking Freemason, who chose the location of where the Pentagon would be built. The point of the star that forms the Pentagram, points directly at the White House

3. The Pentagon's Courtyard is Known as "Ground Zero"

Although it may seem insignificant, I think it is very interesting that the Pentagon's courtyard is known as Ground Zero. After the 9/11 "terrorist" attacks, President Bush first used the word Ground Zero to describe the epicenter of the attacks at the Twin Towers. This is interesting, because Ground Zero is a term used to describe the point closest to the earth where a detonation takes place.

4. 9/11 Was the 60-Year Anniversary of Pentagon Construction

On September 11, 2001 America was attacked. The Twin Towers, and the Pentagon were hit by airplanes. American Airlines Flight 77, smashed into the East Side of the Pentagon. Interestingly, this side of the Pentagon was the last side that was nearing completion of renovation. 60 years prior to the attacks, on September 11, 1941; construction began on the Pentagon

5. The Pentagon and The Manhattan Project

The man who was officially in charge of the project at the Pentagon was Brigadier General Somervell. However, his subordinate Leslie Groves was commissioned to oversee day-to-day construction and operations. He was the key factor in making sure the Pentagon was constructed in the record time that it was built in. However, Leslie Groves was no ordinary man. He was also the Man in Charge of the Manhattan Project. He held all the Top-Secret Security Clearances involved in the Project, that coincidentally or not, was admittedly thought up at the Bohemian Grove meeting in 1942.

www.activistpost.com...

Number 4 seemed a bit spooky.. 60 years ago from the construction of the Pentagon to the destruction of the twin towers.. Coincidence maybe. Reminds me of the death of Hitler and Bin Laden. 66 years to the day on May the first. Beltane day when they sacrifice the king if the land is sick..

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Nice fun facts, I like the geometry conspiracy theories in particular. Maybe some more?

Not a believer but, certainly not a denier.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

60 years prior to the attacks, on September 11, 1941; construction began on the Pentagon

Wow, to the day? Insert occult suspicions here again, speculatively speaking.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Very Interesting.

I couldn't help but to add a few facts myself.

The Pentagon is so huge that it’s been assigned six different zip codes.

It is shaped like a pentagon because of where the roads were positioned that surrounded the original building site.

The Pentagon is the largest office building in the world, based on floor space alone.

Anyways,

There are certainly a Ton of secrets that we will never know about the Pentagon, but what we do know is enough to make you wonder.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

No 2 on the list Im having trouble with. Just looked at the Pentagon on Google Earth, and Im struggling to see a Pentagram. I can make out 1 point of the star definitely, 2 at a push. Do you have any links or anything to show an over-layed pentagram image that we're supposed to be able to see?

Thanks for the thread OP.

edit on 15-9-2013 by AbdulAlhazred because: mis-read a part regarding the Washington Monument, so deleted my query.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

purplemer
1. The Pentagon was Constructed on Hell's Bottom

Actually, it was built on the site of the old Washington-Hoover Airport
en.wikipedia.org...

The point of the star that forms the Pentagram, points directly at the White House

Sure about that? It points in the general direction, but it also points at Arlington national Cemetery, a McDonald's store, a doctors surgery, a stadium, a school, etc etc.

3. The Pentagon's Courtyard is Known as "Ground Zero"

Although it may seem insignificant, I think it is very interesting that the Pentagon's courtyard is known as Ground Zero.

The Pentagon includes a five-acre (20,000 m2) central plaza, which is shaped like a pentagon and informally known as "ground zero," a nickname originating during the Cold War and based on the presumption that the Soviet Union would target one or more nuclear missiles at this central location in the outbreak of a nuclear war.[6]

informally known as ground zero, as it was the likely target for several nukes..

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
double post
edit on 15-9-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Wow some interesting facts. All this numerology stuff is not really my thing, but each time Im faced with more I cant help but act like I just saw a good card trick? Its certainly gettin harder to dismiss, the more I find.

S n' F cuz I learned summat new...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AbdulAlhazred

I have found these images.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Once you throw in GHW Bush's "New World Order" speech on Sept. 11, 1991 it no longer appears coincidental but long and laboriously planned and executed. Too bad the Pentagon was hit in the office of Naval Intelligence where they were tracking the $2.3 Trillion Rumsfeld said they couldn't account for on Sept. 10, 2001.
Those Arab terrorists sure were looking out for somebody over here.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

ShadellacZumbrum

Very Interesting.

I couldn't help but to add a few facts myself.

The Pentagon is so huge that it’s been assigned six different zip codes.

It is shaped like a pentagon because of where the roads were positioned that surrounded the original building site.

The Pentagon is the largest office building in the world, based on floor space alone.

Anyways,

There are certainly a Ton of secrets that we will never know about the Pentagon, but what we do know is enough to make you wonder.

Yeah, it has six zip codes assigned, one each for Sec Def, JCS and the four military branches. It's also actually located in Virginia, not DC like most people think.

It's also has over 20 food concessions.

Pretty interesting place.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Considering that it was the only side of the building they could hit, then what other choice did they have?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

AbdulAlhazred

No 2 on the list Im having trouble with. Just looked at the Pentagon on Google Earth, and Im struggling to see a Pentagram. I can make out 1 point of the star definitely, 2 at a push. Do you have any links or anything to show an over-layed pentagram image that we're supposed to be able to see?

Thanks for the thread OP.

edit on 15-9-2013 by AbdulAlhazred because: mis-read a part regarding the Washington Monument, so deleted my query.

Here..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Considering that it was the only side of the building they could hit, then what other choice did they have?

Lots of other choices.. they could have hit the building from above for example..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
actually I read that the side that was hit was the only side that had completed upgrades such as kevlar lined walls.

the streets in washington were layed out that way for defensive purposes.Troops and cannons could be positioned in central locations and have a clear line of fire down any number of streets to fire on invading troops or mobs revolutionaries who might try to take over the city and overthrow the government.
It didn`t seem to work very well because the brits were able to march into the city and burn the capitol in the war of 1812.After the french revolution paris was laid out the same way.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by occrest

Thanks bud. I found 1 of those images when I google searched it, but I have to be honest, Ive been comparing it to goolge earth, and Im still struggling to see what they're lining it up with on the ground. Not that I have any reason to completely doubt it (as masons are well known for leaving hidden symbolism in buildings etc), but to me it seems anyone could just have drawn those on there without any care as to if it matched ground features or not. Im from the UK, so really not familiar with the layout of DC.

Thanks a lot though for providing the pics.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Ah, thank you bud. I see what your saying now. I was looking for the pentagrams points extending from the flat sides of the building, not a pentagram contained within the pentagon. Does that have some kind of significance with regards to masonic symbolism, or sacred geometry?
Thanks for the info. Ive read about this stuff before, but never really bothered to look into it. Its very interesting.

cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I'm crying 'foul' on that one. The claim in the original post is that the Pentagon is also a Pentagram. All that your image shows is that you can draw a pentagram inside a pentagon, which is true whether it's a generic pentagon from a geometry text or The Pentagon. Unfortunately for the original claim, the pretty orange lines in your image don't correspond to any actual features of the building.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Funny story from a guy a few cubes down that worked on the camera upgrade after 911
Building engineers would never tell them where they could put post or trenches and never really gave them a print of what was undergroung around the place. they would turn a print in of where they wanted to put the cameras then the building engineers would ok or cross out the locations. Then when it came time for the surveyors to mark the spot for whatever they were going to install a couple of men in black types would silently accompany them and look at some kind of GPS device and tell them if it was REALLY ok to put a post there or maybe move it 10 feet. A few weeks worth of work streched into months for post and underground wiring because of the secrecy

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Go get a flight simulator and try a dive bomb attack into something. It's not as easy as you think. During WWII dive bombers with special flaps and training missed constantly.

The other sides had trees and buildings along them that would have made it harder and possibly broken the plane apart before it hit, lessening the damage.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join