It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dishonest Creationist Tactics= Bad Religion

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Evolution doesn't discount the existence of a god or gods. It is entirely possible that god could have used evolution as a tool to advance the progress of life. Creationists tend to view the two as completely distinct theories. They seem to have wrongly come to the conclusion that if you have one you cannot have the other. Evolutionists have never made this claim.

I do think that this separation of ideas came about because many scientists are atheists and Creationists wrongly believed that it is some sort of atheist agenda.

By the way if as a Creationist, you accept that Evolution is a plausible theory then this thread wasn't directed at you. This thread was directed at the Creationists that consider the two mutually exclusive.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I dont know why people even bother with this crap anymore. Nobody can prove we wasn't created by a god and nobody can prove we wasn't. It's pointless subject, go out and have some fun.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

greavsie1971
Wow, I take it you dont like creationism.

Why not let people be happy with their beliefs? We are all different, do you not realize that yet? Why not accept and tolerate our differences? It is what makes the human race fascinating. Im sure creationism has faults as Im sure science does too.

chill and be at peace with others regardless of their beliefs. It's all cool.

You are making an issue out of something that makes no difference to us as we live our lives here on earth.
What matters is that we are here now, alive on this planet, sharing our existence together. Why make this an issue? We should believe what ever sits right in our hearts and respect others that do so too.
edit on 15-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

I personally consider a consperisy web site the perfect place to discuss truths... That said. If lets say , religion is wrong ,then it has a huge influence on the world population that must be corrected. It doesn't make no difference. when alot of the world population bases the way they live there lives on falsehoods.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Evanzsayz
reply to post by flyingfish

I dont know why people even bother with this crap anymore. Nobody can prove we wasn't created by a god and nobody can prove we wasn't. It's pointless subject, go out and have some fun.

True enough, however the word for word infallibility of the worlds religious texts are not even on the table. They all have been disproved by science. Sure you can find a single point that lines up with what science has learned. Such as maybe let there be light was god describing the big bang? But you have to throw almost everything else out to shove what is obviously a square peg into a round whole.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Dishonest Creationist Tactics= Bad Religion
Dishonest Sport Tactics= Bad sports
Dishonest scientist Tactics= Bad science
Dishonest politicians Tactics = Bad Government
the list goes on and on

Its "people" that are dishonest not the fields.
By nature, humans are dishonest is one of our traits. So it should come as no suprise that there are "Dishonest Creationists", they are after all human. what makes them any worse than the other billions of dishonest humans?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Although it may be hard for some to swallow, the truth is that science and religion don't really belong together in our particular society. Maybe one day that will change, but as things stand now, this is what I believe to be the truth. Another thing that is very important to remember is that science can NEVER disprove religion. Let us say that evolution, the big bang, and even something as strange as M-theory is all true. (I am not saying any of it isn't by the way, lol). Assuming all that is true, what does it say about creation? Nothing.

Why? Because an all-powerful creator could have created things in any way they saw fit. M-theory takes things to before the big bang, and people say our universe was born at the big bang. Does that mean God didn't create everything? Absolutely not. Why couldn't God have put into motion whatever came before the big bang? ANYTHING that happens naturally could have, theoretically, been the result of an intelligent designer. And I think that anyone who cannot admit that is ignorant to a large degree.

Just as creationists who cannot accept any scientific findings that disagree with the Bible are ignorant. I have something for those people to...How on earth, if you believe in God, can you sit there and LIMIT God by saying things could not have happened in a certain way? Because of what the Bible says? We have proof that there are some passages in the Bible that are NOT meant to be literal. So why does the creation story have to be taken literally? Moses supposedly wrote Genesis, and even IF he knew all the scientific things we did today, he was writing for an audience that was ancient. They couldn't have understood any of it. So science does NOT prove that the Bible is wrong either. There have been many things that were considered myth in the Bible, only to be accepted later due to the findings of archaeologists. The great flood idea was heavily discounted until relatively recently as well, when now we know there was a great flood, and this created some of the inland seas we have today.

So anyway, ANY scientific process or mechanism that is discovered, could have theoretically been created by God. There is absolutely ZERO way to disprove that. And something that is important to remember for those who put their faith only in science...Science has been wrong many, many times in the past, and many false ideas were held on to for a long time, only to be overturned at a later date. And scientists themselves have been shown to be extremely biased in the past and present, so putting one's faith in science is not the correct answer, whether you believe putting it in religion is a good thing or not. That doesn't mean one is ignorant for believing scientific theories. That is not what I am saying. But to think that science has all the answers, and is always right, IS ignorant.

I have seen it many times in the past, not to mention what I haven't personally witnessed, where people claimed to be objective, yet were obviously quite biased. Often times people of this nature are just as biased as the religious people they condemn, without even realizing it. Just look at some atheists, who take their atheism to the same degree of religion as the theists. THAT is absurd, yet they fail to realize this.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
A lot of Athiests today sat in Church on Sundays and possibly Wednesdays or Fridays against their will.

They sat there and listened to a Clergy-man contradict themselves countless times.

They watched the Church dim the lights, play the music and watch people write checks and pour money into the baskets hand over fist.

You watched a preacher bounce around in the Bible, grabbing a verse from here, dropped it on that verse, and mixed it with this verse from the other side of Bible. Then Presto, you have God''s Word.

They were told they were sinners and the only thing you can do about it is accept a Jewish Carpenter into their Hearts and they will have no more worries, other than keeping up with tithing.

and , I'm sure you all are familiar with the tithing sermon, If Tithes are hurting, they do the Guilty you didn't tithe sermon.

Preacher always driving a nice ride, Big House, swimming pool, maybe even a private jet, some of em.

You might have seen your preacher or priest get walked out in hand cuffs on Chris Hansens to catch a predator or similar devious occurence.

You or your family might have even switched churches looking for knowledge..

and the whole time you sat there and waited for someone to tell you what was in the book!

Wasn't gonna happen.

The Holy bible is the greatest selling and most printed book in History, yet NO ONE READS IT!!

Very very few people have actually sat down and read some of the amazing stories. War Colleges study large sections of it. Archaeologists study it for dig sites. The people that actually read it, find the power in it!

and If you do read it, use KJV, and if your struggling on old english, use NIV for help. WHen you do this you will find amazing things as well! Problems with translations, another angle on the story, things like that

When you realize you are the Church, and its not a place that you go to, things start changing in yourself. Kinda like finding out about false flag events.

I have been studying stories of the Ark of the Covenant, and I have found some things about it that can only be explained by science. I would share that here, but, thats a thread itself, im sure there is one around.

I personally was not shocked to hear Jesus/Yeshua was a shapeshifter!! That's another thread around here.

This is one of my favorite verses and Paul said this to a group of Polytheists...

Acts 17 NIV

16 While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols. 17 So he reasoned in the synagogue with both Jews and God-fearing Greeks, as well as in the marketplace day by day with those who happened to be there. 18 A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection. 19 Then they took him and brought him to a meeting of the Areopagus, where they said to him, “May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting? 20 You are bringing some strange ideas to our ears, and we would like to know what they mean.” 21 (All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)

22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: form to from

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: typos and added expected someone to tell you sentence

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: adding shapeshfter reference

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Did you hear Mary carefully say on CNN "We need to rethink the fossilization process"

Slightly different from Mark who re-thought the fossilization process and published his findings, exactly like Mary, but Mary played along a little more. She is being more Careful.

Bakker will be getting into the mix soon enough!

There is a grand Sacred Knowledge, that "they" don't want you knowing about!!

Dividing and confusing means easier pockets of control. Look at elections, its pretty much Athiests vs Creationists!!

From this division you can do some massive damage!

Really, I never met an athiest in my life!!

They say they this and that, but get them on a crashing or failing airplane, or in a dangerous trench. They are praying!!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
one major thing is:

In current Brainwashing facilities they teach you that you have 5 senses, but in fact you have 6. lets go through them:
Sight
Hearing
Smell
Touch
Taste

but there is one more and I spoke about it in an earlier reply here:
Conscience

Conscience-Knowing the difference between right and wrong.

Polygraph experts exploit this in us, it wouldn't work on an animal, because they don't know about lying!

Conscience, a sixth sense. Have you ever gone to steal, and an inner voice told you it was wrong?? You might think , oh thats just my good upbringing. Then, you try to do it, and you start sweating, looking around, paranoia. Your mind goes awry. To some that feeling is a rush, a altered state of mind that they like.

If you practice using your senses you can hone them. The Conscience sense can be honed as well to give clairvoyance, guidance, or even foresight!

There is a dark side to it to, Some of the most known criminals have tapped into it, I don't mean to get all Jedi on you, but its sacred knowledge they don't want you having!

This post can be completely censored, me banned forever, whatever cuz it might be off thread, but in my heart and mind, it isn't off thread or topic, because this a fragment of the knowledge that is hidden from you!!

As long as we are always fighting , we can never practice the gift or sense of Conscience. Which can turn into, second sight! Tapping into a universal wireless internet!

Now, that itself sounds really new age but, it says it in first chapter of Genesis about this Right and Wrong thing, and we are more like gods now, our eyes have been opened, we know the difference between right and wrong!

Pineal Gland......another thread
edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: changed post to reply

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: fat to fact

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by solomons path

Really, I never met an athiest in my life!!

They say they this and that, but get them on a crashing or failing airplane, or in a dangerous trench. They are praying!!

have you ever been on a crashing airplane? How about a foxhole? ever survive a mortar attack? let me assure you, the only ones praying were the devout. Not having to worry about tallying up your checklist for entrance into the big country club in the sky is pretty freeing actually. it allows you to appreciate what you've definitively had and experienced without worrying about where you may end up. The old adage of there are no atheists in foxholes is unadulterated BS

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
A lot of Athiests today sat in Church on Sundays and possibly Wednesdays or Fridays against their will.

This is very true. There are a crapload of "closet-atheists" in society. They go to church and even identify as christian. This also skews poll/census results quite a bit - there are actually far more agnostics and atheists out there than people realise.

And part of the reason? Pressure on them to conform to what they perceive as the norm. Pressure on them from their work, their families, their friends and associates - that if you aren't christian (or Islamic or whatever) there must be something seriously wrong with you. Maybe you are a morally dubious individual or a satanist or something evil..

It's like 2 degrees away from witchburning..

This is just people falling for Pascals Wager. Many people, faced with imminent death will do anything to reduce suffering or fear of suffering, and though some will claim agnosticism (which by its very nature is undecided) or even to be atheists there is often at least some doubt.

However, there are plenty of recorded cases of atheists marching steadfastly into death without these doubts as well. My Uncle, for instance, never faltered in the face of death.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

In videos of Planes hitting the WTC taken on the street you can hear the first reaction of people is:

Oh my God!

Oh my God!

It's programmed in us.

A few videos, you can hear the women saying it! Videos taken from different places, in Buildings, on Street on the News even!

The Women were saying it, and the Men were praying it!

addition:
Come to think about it, I heard Oh my God all day long from people you wouldn't expect!
edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

addition 2:
There is a scary audio recording of a guy, I don't remember if he was in the building or outside, but the last thing you hear him scream as the building came down was OH My Go......, and then you heard all this debris and rubble smack, and the feed end.
edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition 2

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I hate to rain on your parade here, but you have far more than just 5 senses.

science.howstuffworks.com...

In order for us to have a sense, there needs to be a sensor. Each sensor is tuned to one specific sensation. For example, there are sensors in your eyes that can detect light. That is all that they can detect. To track down all of the different senses a person has, the easiest thing to do is to catalog all of the different sensors. Here is a reasonable list:

In your eyes, you have two different types of light sensors. One set of sensors, called the rods, senses light intensity and works well in low-light situations. The other type, called cones, can sense colors (and actually, there are three different types of cones for the three primary colors) and require fairly intense light to be activated. See Why does it take my eyes several minutes to get used to darkness? for more information.
In your inner ears, there are sound sensors.

Labeling the 5 senses is very elementary when it comes to knowledge. I do believe you are right about conscience though, it may be classified as a sense. But again there are more than 6 of them. Your sense of balance being another by the way. Note the word "sense" in that last phrase. The article I posted mentions about 14 to 20 of them.

Our bodies are pretty amazing when you think about it. Its pretty interesting how we evolved all these different abilities.

edit on 19-9-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnoftheSonofNothing

My Uncle, for instance, never faltered in the face of death.

Since we're about the business of nitpicking........

You are being intellectually dishonest.

You have absolutely no way of knowing what you just said. A lot of people would be stubborn outwardly and not admit what they were really thinking. It's part of human pride.

I guess intellectual dishonesty can come from both sides!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

sdb93awd
reply to post by ReturnoftheSonofNothing

My Uncle, for instance, never faltered in the face of death.

Since we're about the business of nitpicking........

You are being intellectually dishonest.

You have absolutely no way of knowing what you just said. A lot of people would be stubborn outwardly and not admit what they were really thinking. It's part of human pride.

I guess intellectual dishonesty can come from both sides!

Hilarious. And despicable.

I had many discussions with my uncle during his long fight with cancer. I can assure you, the man never once faltered.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

one flaw tho chris hansen....

most of those extra senses, heat, cold, itch, that's touch.

I'm talking what they brainwashed you when you were 4 years old....

good article tho!

Sense of Direction another, I believe that falls under the moral compass tho, Conscience, pineal gland. small atoms of magnetic elements buried in pineal gland or near it. Iron for one!

the third eye, there is a thread for the pineal gland third eye stuff, you guys should read if you havent.

Have you guys ever heard of Mitochondrial Eve? Mitochondria itself is a story, or thread. the mitochondria perform...well, that is another thread...
edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: typo, addition

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

No calling all those senses just "touch" is painting with a very broad brush. Our skin does far more than just "touch" or "feel." I can attest to them be separate senses as well. When I was in the Army and deployed in Iraq, I blew out my ACL and had to get surgery in my knee. At one point in the surgery, I guess they clipped a nerve ending and to this day I am unable to feel temperature on this one part of my shin. I can feel the object against my skin, but I am unable to tell if it is hot or cold.

By the way, I also mentioned sense of balance. That sense is located in the ear, you know the thing that is mostly attributed to hearing? And that is most definitely a sense too, that is why when someone whacks you real hard in the ear, you get dizzy.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

AbleEndangered

In videos of Planes hitting the WTC taken on the street you can hear the first reaction of people is:

Oh my God!

Oh my God!

It's programmed in us.

A few videos, you can hear the women saying it! Videos taken from different places, in Buildings, on Street on the News even!

The Women were saying it, and the Men were praying it!

addition:
Come to think about it, I heard Oh my God all day long from people you wouldn't expect!
edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

addition 2:
There is a scary audio recording of a guy, I don't remember if he was in the building or outside, but the last thing you hear him scream as the building came down was OH My Go......, and then you heard all this debris and rubble smack, and the feed end.
edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition 2

Huge difference between being programmed to believe in a god and using phrases that are part of the American lexicon. I still say god bless you when someone sneezes. It's a habit not a subliminal acknowledgment of my yearning for a higher power to save me. And there's an even wider valley you need to cross to make the case that saying oh my god is equitable with praying for salvation. Nice try though.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

We need to do a Senses thread, so we can break down the major categories of senses, and make sub-categories.

In my opinion it could like this

1. Sight - eye sight, pineal gland abilities, sight with-in dreams, sense of direction?
2. Hearing - Hearing, Balance, sense of direction?
3. Touch - Taste and smell can technically go under this category, we are re-thinking things,along with heat, cold, itch, pressure, etc
4. Conscience - Knowing the difference between right and wrong, by default

Now birth defects can affect any of these..

It needs thought, we cant just take what "they" gave us as how it is. We need to re-think things like they are doing in the article.

My 5 Senses Idea is based on Pre-school and Kindergarten Curriculum

so, I would say, it needs discussion and thought, and that's what we are doing!!!

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: typos

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: rephrased run on sentence, we need to re-think

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well, you can say that, but take someone in Africa or Middle East, Europe, East Asia.

What did or do they say in their tongue or Lexicon??

When the World seen it, they all spoke in their tongue

This all goes back to the Tower of Babel!

You all can say it didn't exist and all that, its ok.

You don't have to convince me it didn't exist. Cuz, I know it existed!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join