E-ZPasses Get Read All Over New York (Not Just At Toll Booths)

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

In more disturbing news of government tracking you.

It seems that if you have an E-ZPass in New York you are being tracked.
An intrepid tinkerer altered his device to moo and blink every time it was scanned. And he discovered that the toll booths weren't the only time his E-ZPass was scanned.

I'm sure that New York isn't the only place where you're being tracked. Quite recently in Florida they are moving away from the battery devices to non battery stick on Sun Pass reflectors.
I'll be they'll be using that to track us wherever we go without us noticing.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Drivers licenses, credit cards, etc. too. Even cash my friends, even cash.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Tinfoil is our friend

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Is it me or does the video have no sound .. Without sound I can't tell
When he is being scanned .. Thanks

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
They don't need that, between cell phone data, and the new surveillance systems on every major road highway and interstate the can find and track the movements of any one and any vehicle.

How many of you have noticed the small towers with cameras and sensors now nearly everywhere?

Our state and federal governments are paranoid, they should be. Because the real bad guys seeking to harm us know how to evade all of this, as well as the NSA.

Maybe that is the point, they are more interested in the activities of their citizens than they are the real threats out there?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

grey580

In more disturbing news of government tracking you.

It seems that if you have an E-ZPass in New York you are being tracked.
An intrepid tinkerer altered his device to moo and blink every time it was scanned. And he discovered that the toll booths weren't the only time his E-ZPass was scanned.

I'm sure that New York isn't the only place where you're being tracked. Quite recently in Florida they are moving away from the battery devices to non battery stick on Sun Pass reflectors.
I'll be they'll be using that to track us wherever we go without us noticing.

the government has far less interest in you than you think... However, consumer applications are HUGE business. Two examples for the mid to early 2000s: McDonald's partnered with a toll company to do electronic payments using your toll tags. There were a couple of pilot studies in north texas. Another was asset tracking/inventory control/costumer service pilot, also in north texas. A popular mall-based chain embedded RFID tags in its products (clothes) during production. The company was then able to track the location each piece of merchandise... and even knew when a customer wore the product back in the store.

While neither has yet to be implemented on a large scale, there is still big money to be made in tracking you... Traffic/demographic counts for one thing. Commercial developers are able to collect information about who travels in front of a given piece of party. Imagine knowing with a high degree of confidence the type of consumer who'll pass by your business every day.

How about businesses that use RFID to track employees? Not only at work, but elsewhere too.

That's just a start, but the bottom line, it's not always about the government.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
No big secret here. They sniff the ezpass to determine traffic conditions. This should be in your terms of service. Depending on where you live, the electronic signs that indicate the time to get to blah blah blah uses the data from the electronic toll passes.

Note I refuse to use these electronic toll passes. On "Law and Order", they always checked these tags!

This is from the similar system used in Ca:

The 511 Driving Times service debuted in March 2004 with coverage of Interstates 80, 680 and 880, and has been expanded several times since to more than 600 miles of coverage. The system taps data from FasTrak® toll transponders, Caltrans’ network of subpavement sensors and incident logs from the California Highway Patrol to tell motorists the current travel time between cities or major landmarks in the Bay Area.

sniffing your electronic pass
edit on 16-9-2013 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm a shag driver at a large meat packing plant. Something newthey are introducing at work is RFID chips for all the trailers on the lot. When the trailer comes in it has a sticker placed on it with a RFID chip in it. And all the shag trucks are being outfitted with RFID readers that will go to a notepad computer and then communicated to the main computer via a cellphone data card. At least it was with the prototype setup they had. It also had a gps antenna to go with it.

Apparently as the trucks travel through the parking lot the system is supposed to be noting the locations of the parked trailers. And it's also supposed to be used to dispatch the drivers as well. I think you can see the advantages and drawbacks to the driver.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Partial quote (2)

RealWoman
"the government has far less interest in you than you think".
"That's just a start, but the bottom line, it's not always about the government."

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini

So, in light of BM's definition I have to respectfully disagree w/RealWoman]

As the "Snowden Papers" have revealed to the world, the United States in some respects behaves much like the Stasi dictatorship modeled after Communist East Germany during the Cold War years following the 2nd WW, but in many other respects the US also operates as much like a Mussolini styled fascist government as he had originally defined it during the 2nd world war. These repressive forms of governing carry with them a supreme interest in every aspect of the overall behavior of its citizenry.

These kinds of 'surveillance states' negatively effect every level of society and culture, and the 'commercial' aspects of that overarching repression - while somewhat secondary to the NSA's primary goals and interests - are equally as oppressive, and intrusive in their intentions inasmuch as they track your every move - albeit unconstitutionally.

So - contrary to your comments quoted above - the feds have a supreme interest in ALL that you do and say, and in ALL of your movements; therefore its ALWAYS about the federal government having total and complete control over its citizenry.

Any comments intended to ameliorate, or otherwise defend the actions of this dictatorial fascist administration with respect to the devastating effect this has on our sense of freedom and liberty is inexcusable and is inimical to the cause of truth and freedom as we Americans traditionally understand - bordering on treason - in my humble opinion.
edit on 16-9-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-9-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join