It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spotted in Red Deer Alberta

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

isn't it past your bedtime?

Listen man, it's pretty clear your intention is to derail this thread but all you're doing is making yourself look like a jerk. Got no talking points, got no actual arguments, got nothing. If you really would like to debate, then use your brain and bring something to the table but sadly I don't think you know how. Otherwise, go to bed.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Care to elaborate on what you're talking about? The video or the .gif?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

FlySolo
Got no talking points, got no actual arguments, got nothing. If you really would like to debate, then use your brain and bring something to the table but sadly I don't think you know how. Otherwise, go to bed.

Yeah your right man..all I got is common sense and a logical thought processes going through my head.

But that will definitely not beat your fly/bug video....ooops I mean alien spacecraft...my bad

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I should give you a star for the attempt at an insult...

You were that close to hurting my feelings or is that gas...hmmm.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Onslaught2996

FlySolo
Got no talking points, got no actual arguments, got nothing. If you really would like to debate, then use your brain and bring something to the table but sadly I don't think you know how. Otherwise, go to bed.

Yeah your right man..all I got is common sense and a logical thought processes going through my head.

But that will definitely not beat your fly/bug video....ooops I mean alien spacecraft...my bad

Kid, sorry to break it to you but I've been around long enough to know what it means when someone's talking sh!t and it means you know squat son. You're a brand new member still wet behind the ears so I'll give you some advice. Put up or shut up. If you come back with more crap I'll just ignore you. If you want to maintain your stance and prove me wrong then I'll oblige you. So as it stands you still have nothing until you can come up with something intelligent to say.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Onslaught2996

FlySolo

Most narcissists see everything they say as logical and having common sense, but since all of your replies are laced with at least 1 ad hominem attack, that totally destroys your declaration of having those qualities, and you have made this obvious to everyone.. Isn't that embarrassing?

:back on topic: If it was an insect close to the camera, I think it would still look a lot fuzzier and smaller than this, plus the perspective of the movement and direction of angle, (maintaining same altitude), does give the craft theory a bit more to examine further..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Seriously, you can see a fly? No wait! You can actually see the wings? If you can then I must say you have some wonderful eyes.
I'm not sure what it is. I don't think it can be identified from that video.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

But he said FFS! So that means he's got bionic eyes with super computer capabilities of interpolation

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hmmm... I'm torn between bumblebee, cicada killer wasp, sphinx moth, and humming bird. It's some animal about the size of a person's thumb heading towards the car as the car goes past. You can see slight blur of wings on each side of it.

But unless we can figure out which of those it is, it technically is an unidentified flying object.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
"Fly" Solo......yes very apt.

Your arguments are quite interesting, but you are fixated on this "spot" being some interplanetary device, when clearly it appears to be an Earth bound Bug/Fly/Bird whatever.

While you state you did'nt produce the video, you are staunchly and aggressively defending the "UFO" hypothesis, without even considering the obvious....that it is a bug.

You have incorrectly Assumed that the bug has flown from a great distance in the horizon, to suddenly appear in 3 frames of a video, when it is far more probable, that the "Bug" has flown vertically from the lush green grass, and then tapered off to a level trajectory.

Keeping in mind that the car is continually moving Toward the lush green verge, so as to give the effect, that the "Bug" or your UFO, is travelling at some fantastic speed, when in fact it is not.

While I expect you think you're comical replies are smart and somewhat intelligent (in your mind)....they are not, and you come across as a......well one must be polite.

No-where in my previous post did I make any "snide" remark, as you put it, to your good self, or the original video uploader.

Unfortunately you are obsessed with the "UFO" Theory, and have closed your mind to any logical reason.

Are you so convinced, that you have to vehemently defend it, and insult anyone who proposes a logical explanation, because it was filmed in your home country of Canada?

edit on 17-9-2013 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Your arguments are quite interesting, but you are fixated on this "spot" being some interplanetary device, when clearly it appears to be an Earth bound Bug/Fly/Bird whatever.

When and where did I say it was interplanetary? You see, you call me closed to 'worldly' explanations but from right out of the gate you assume I said ET. Who's assuming what now? I vehemently deny it's not a bug. Period.

You have incorrectly Assumed that the bug has flown from a great distance in the horizon, to suddenly appear in 3 frames of a video, when it is far more probable, that the "Bug" has flown vertically from the lush green grass, and then tapered off to a level trajectory.

I incorrectly assumed? Have you even bothered to read through this thread or do you feel it's adequate to refute my points based off of pure conjecture? I already took the time to explain parallax and perspective, why do you choose to ignore that? If the bug flew out of the grass by the sign, then:
1. Why does it first appear at the tree and not in a frame or two before?
2. How far away do you think that ESSO sign is from the road? Close enough to see a bug?
3. By the time any bug can travel from the sign to the car, close enough to see, the car would have already passed.

Keeping in mind that the car is continually moving Toward the lush green verge, so as to give the effect, that the "Bug" or your UFO, is travelling at some fantastic speed, when in fact it is not.

Don't know why you feel the need to explain that. But yes, I understand that point.

While I expect you think you're comical replies are smart and somewhat intelligent (in your mind)....they are not, and you come across as a......well one must be polite.

Nice one. Calling me dumb without actually saying it to avoid a post removal. Class act Mr. polite

No-where in my previous post did I make any "snide" remark, as you put it, to your good self, or the original video uploader.

Yes you did.

Or its an Alien from another World, that lives in lush green grass.

You were being facetious. Was that necessary?

Unfortunately you are obsessed with the "UFO" Theory, and have closed your mind to any logical reason.

Are you so convinced, that you have to vehemently defend it, and insult anyone who proposes a logical explanation, because it was filmed in your home country of Canada?

Why are you trying to make this thread about me? What's the purpose in that? I make one thread about a UFO and that makes me obsessed? No sir. What it does make me is tenacious, argumentative, determined...
And again I see more straw man attacks that have nothing to do with this thread. Because it was filmed in Canada? That's why I'm so adamant in defending my stance? And who did I insult? Are you referring to onslaught who continuously came back to ridicule me? You've got to be kidding.

You see this is where it's at. It's easy for you or anyone to try and pick apart any thread you don't agree with because you don't have to look the author in the eye. That's what it comes down to. I'm a pretty good talker when I believe in something and there is no way outside this website would you be able to out do me on this particular topic. I've got some pretty damn good points as to why I don't believe it's a bug but go ahead and deny deny deny. Deny any factual arguments. Deny it all because clearly you are unable to exchange ideas.

Not a bug flying up from a sign 30-40 feet off the road, get close enough to be visible on camera as the car travels 50-120 km hr. No way in a million years will the parallax effect change displacement from the sign to a tree and go from a parallax effect to a perspective thing. I could go on but I'll stop here and wait for your stellar comeback.

ETA:
The ESSO at red deer for a "perspective thing"

Keeping in mind, with the zoom focused on the sign, I don't see any way for the camera to actually catch an insect and not be horribly out of focus.

edit on 17-9-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

(post by Onslaught2996 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Hi Flysolo, I don't know what it is and the film sure don't help. I understand your point of view and I too find it hard to be a bug. But it can and probably have a prosaic explanation (extraordinary but prosaic; e.g. once I saw a piece of wood coming from underneath a truck that I bet if filmed with a similar apparatus would look like the film you posted).
Regards

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

2timesOO
reply to post by FlySolo

Hi Flysolo, I don't know what it is and the film sure don't help. I understand your point of view and I too find it hard to be a bug. But it can and probably have a prosaic explanation (extraordinary but prosaic; e.g. once I saw a piece of wood coming from underneath a truck that I bet if filmed with a similar apparatus would look like the film you posted).
Regards

Hi 2x,

Thanks for your comments.
I know the YT video isn't much to go on and isn't considered exceptionally exciting compared to other ufo clips. Downright boring actually. Equally so, the mundane explanations that usually go with them. While most ufo sightings can be prosaically explained, let this thread serve to demonstrate just how quickly and loosely those mundane explanations are tossed around and used as filler when no other explanations come to mind.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Yes, I too don't appreciate when people jumped to conclusions, especially when it's about something I observed and/or I experienced but that doesn't mean that I'm not wrong sometimes even when I'm certain of what I saw. To make my point: as the name I chose for this forum suggests, I have a couple of very strange sightings of UFO's, and I have a healthy open mind about the subject, on the other hand, my wife is pure and simply sceptic; one day, we were driving under a mild rain when an object crossed the road in front of us at low altitude and high speed, we only had a fraction of a second, I observed what seemed to be a narrow cylinder with 4 wings of the same size and colors white, blue and red; I asked my wife "did you see that?" and she answered "Yes, it was a lightning". Knowing my wife, I knew she blocked whatever she saw and went after an answer adequate to her belief system, regardless of what she just saw, so I shut up and went looking for an answer. It took me 2 days but I found a prosaic explanation, I found out that an air festival would happen after a few days and 2 jet fighters from the USA would participate, the planes were white, red and blue ... yes they didn't respect the no flying zones above my city, they broke every security rules you can consider: speed, altitude, etc. (just reckless morons). Yes my wife was completely off but so was I.('
')
Regards
edit on 18-9-2013 by 2timesOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
*BUMP*

Cause my two other threads this morning crashed.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's like I keep saying. Even if it isn't a fly or some other insect (which is what it looks like), and was an actual, authentic spaceship filled with Moon Men -- what difference does it make? It certainly adds nothing to the information base or discussion of the phenomenon, and it certainly isn't worth getting worked up or arguing about. There's nothing more to be learned or said about it.

Yippee.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Blue Shift
It's like I keep saying. Even if it isn't a fly or some other insect (which is what it looks like), and was an actual, authentic spaceship filled with Moon Men -- what difference does it make? It certainly adds nothing to the information base or discussion of the phenomenon, and it certainly isn't worth getting worked up or arguing about. There's nothing more to be learned or said about it.

Yippee.

Interesting point of view. I suppose it would be just like hearing about another typical sighting. Unless it was from someone you knew closely, who cares. I understand.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

FlySolo

2timesOO
reply to post by FlySolo

Regards

Hi 2x,

Thanks for your comments.
I know the YT video isn't much to go on and isn't considered exceptionally exciting compared to other ufo clips. Downright boring actually. Equally so, the mundane explanations that usually go with them. While most ufo sightings can be prosaically explained, let this thread serve to demonstrate just how quickly and loosely those mundane explanations are tossed around and used as filler when no other explanations come to mind.

Just out of sheer curiosity, FlySolo, how would you like this thread to end up? From reading the majority of your responses....you seem pretty aggressive to anyone that suggests anything other than agreeing with you. Furthermore, with abrasive out-lashings like "put up or shut up", I feel you may be working against your own interests for that matter.

Oh, and the coin has two sides: Maybe you should put up some proof that this ISN'T a fly, or follow your own advice?

Considering the length, quality, and content of the YT video....what more can really be expected than speculation, anyway?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Yippee.

Yeah, pretty much what I was getting at too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join