It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Have waited too long to throw my hat in the ring with the rest of you. Hope no one will hold that firmly against me. I freely admit it was pretty selfish lurking about as long as I have. For those of you who may be wondering wether you should sign up or not, there's a much better aspect of this site which you are missing out on.

Had trouble coming up with an avatar that fits the space provided. I'll try to work on that for you.

About Me: I've been in the Land of the Morning Calm for much of the last decade. Will be here (Korea - not ATS) only as long as it takes to arrange a new job back home. I've been married for the better part of three decades (my wife is definitely the better half) and raised a couple of great kids. I'm too old to care (well not really) if the NSA added me to a list for exposing myself here. ^^ I know I'm in good company!

Cheers!!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Welcome to ATS! Enjoy the ride!

You can get an avatar here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
They have a whole thread of great avatars, or you can specify what you are looking for and they will make you one.
They made mine. Did a great job! And they will size it to fit, and even put it in, if you need help with that.

Great bunch of people, those avatar guys!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Snarl
Have waited too long to throw my hat in the ring with the rest of you. Hope no one will hold that firmly against me. I freely admit it was pretty selfish lurking about as long as I have. For those of you who may be wondering wether you should sign up or not, there's a much better aspect of this site which you are missing out on.

Had trouble coming up with an avatar that fits the space provided. I'll try to work on that for you.

About Me: I've been in the Land of the Morning Calm for much of the last decade. Will be here (Korea - not ATS) only as long as it takes to arrange a new job back home. I've been married for the better part of three decades (my wife is definitely the better half) and raised a couple of great kids. I'm too old to care (well not really) if the NSA added me to a list for exposing myself here. ^^ I know I'm in good company!

Cheers!!

Welcome. So I haven't read any of the replies yet so excuse my ignorance. Where about are you from? I see that you state you've been in Korea. The way it was put makes me believe it's not your origin. I've done the same thing as you. I waited a while before making an account. I do regret it, I wasn't able to use features that I use now. Those features being chat, post topics, ATS live. It's just great to be able to stimulate a conversation, especially if you feel it's off course.

I myself am from Philadelphia and now live in Montgomery County, PA. I like the community here but am only a new comer in most people's eyes. What brings you to ATS? I am here because I want to know more. So whats up?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for that link. I'll try to get them the photo I was hoping to use ASAP.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

There's no easy answer on that one. I could say I was born in North Carolina and raised in Florida, but the truth is I'm not really from anywhere and I've lived in Seoul longer than any place else. One thing we'll have in common, once I get back to the States, is that I'll be considered a newcomer to that place too.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Snarl

There's no easy answer on that one. I could say I was born in North Carolina and raised in Florida, but the truth is I'm not really from anywhere and I've lived in Seoul longer than any place else. One thing we'll have in common, once I get back to the States, is that I'll be considered a newcomer to that place too.

I've always wanted to experience each culture. I am curious but mere words could never suffice.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I wish you the best of luck in that endeavor. We should all strive to make our dreams a reality. I have been to many places, but I can only claim to have "experienced" the Korean culture to any degree. Being a guest here is a limiting factor to take into consideration.

I once encouraged on of my co-workers to take a job in Europe. The last time I checked she was still there. The rest of the world has a lot to offer if you're willing to let go of what you have a firm grasp on.

Best regards!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Hello Snarl, Welcome to ATS!

My brother lived in South Korea for 4 years and the first thing that struck him when he moved there was all the animals spoke Korean...LOL!! He had to learn the language very quickly just so he could speak to the family pets...it's the little things, you know?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

LOL ... That's a pretty astute observation and one that is so easily overlooked. Believe it or not, my dog is bi-lingual (read that as: "That dog's smarter than I am."). We had a parrot one time that could do accents as well. Might be good subject matter for a future discussion on the boards.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Welcome Brother Snarl..... Glad I missed you exposing yourself

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bluebook

Hey bluebook! I've been pondering your comment for awhile. Are you telling me you're NSA and simply missed my performance?
That's a phenomenal background BTW!!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I decided to pick this thread to say Welcome!

So ... Welcome! Haha!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Not sure who you are but I get a really good vibe from you, welcome.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Same here. Feel free to PM me anytime.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Welcome Aboard!!!

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hi!
edit on 6-10-2013 by SteveerkleFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
welcome and stop eating dogs theyre people to.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
welcome to a.t.s snarl good you finally got around to a introduction newby

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

LOL ... It happens over here for real. You see guys on mopeds tooling down the street with a fresh carcass in a milk crate bungied to the rear of their mopeds. In my 19 years here, I've never been able to get past the smell.

Thanks for your note, brother. I hope I live up to your expectations as a member.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join