It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help: A sparkling light / strobing - 4 mins stationary - then the zoom in - deep in english moorland

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The light was about ~ 2 miles away from me maybe less.

Valley is not the best explanation as it is just a dip with high moors on each side. I am on the left side high part looking down and across, from my view it would have been about 3 inches below the horizon.

Let me assure that I live in the 'middle of nowhere' on Dartmoor, in Devon - UK. It is not even a village - just a barn conversion with a spring for water and no gas pipes

If you notice the second half of the video where it 'disappears and pops back' for a second or so (you hear us speak about it disappearing) That could not happen from my view point even if it was a plane - that late, no others in the same pattern if it was a airplane of some sort.

In the video I move in and out to get the window frame as it is a point of reference for me.

Looking out the window now it is typically misty... but the high moors facing east I can see would have been much higher than the strobing light.

I would have noticed this before if a star, planes do not fly over here, helicopters do but they have green and red lights usually if they do ever fly past. But not at 23:30 at night.

It was staionary and strobing as you can see..

I have no explanation for it. The diamond I can explain.
edit on 15-9-2013 by komp_uk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

After watching the video again, that light is too bright to be a star. It's either a landing light from a plane, or could be someone's flashlight.

Jeez BoneZ, you're loosing your tracks.
Please, go out tonight and look to the SE when Sirius starts to rise above horizon. It's huge.
And I mean it, it's HUGE.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

I just looked at where Sirius' position is relative to the UK at night right now. It's in the south to south-east just before dawn this time of year. The OP was looking east around 11:30 at night. The light is not Sirius.

**Edit to add** that if it were a celestial body, he would notice it every night, not just one night out of 2 years.

edit on 15-9-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Here is my view of the night sky from my exact coordinates and time of night last night.

Hope this helps a bit more.

LEFT VIEW:

MIDDLE VIEW: (this is where it would have been like in the video)

RIGHT VIEW:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sirius, I concluded this right away. Otherwise, prove me wrong.

Sirius is VERY bright, direction seems to confirm this as well.
edit on 72013RuSundayAmerica/Chicago46AMSundaySunday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Out of interest back in 67.... about 20 miles from my location....

British UFOlogists still recall the famous Devon ‘flying cross’ case of 1967 October 24 in which two police constables, Roger Willey and Clifford Waycott, chased an apparent UFO in their police car along country lanes at up to 90 mile/h in the early hours of the morning. “It looked like a star-spangled cross radiating points of light from all angles,” Constable Willey told the press. “It was travelling about tree-top height over wooded countryside near Holsworthy, Devon. We drove towards it and it moved away. It then led us on a chase as if it was playing a game with us.”

www.ianridpath.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

You're right, it's not Sirius, relative to the UK Sirius rises at about 4:30 am.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Hmm I know orion and I dont think Orion was in the sky then. Orion then from the bottom left look down and left is Sirius if I am not mistaken.

I dont think Orion had made it into the horizon at that point... I could be wrong of course.

Betelguise would have been just on the horizon and Rigel would have been below the horizon. Would that still allow for Sirius?

I said in the OP about Sirius and no one mentioned it so far.

In the video you clearly see it disappear then reappear in the second half of it. Sirius or other star would not do that would it?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

In the background to the video you can hear what the GF is watching. She is watching LIVE WFTDA Roller Derby. The teams will help prove the date and time if it comes into Question.

It was 11:33 pm 15 sept 2013. 6:00 PM Game 11: (9) New Hampshire Roller Derby 123 v (5) Kansas City Roller Warriors 272 wftda.tv...

Just in case... you know

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Could you perhaps post a picture of what your view from that window is in daylight?
That way we have some kind of reference.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

If it was a celestial body it may have been Fomalhaut known as the Autumn star , its also the brightest star in the autumn evening .

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
Sirius, I concluded this right away. Otherwise, prove me wrong.

Sirius is VERY bright, direction seems to confirm this as well.

Uh, you didn't read the whole thread. I did prove you wrong in my previous post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The direction is not correct, and the time is not correct.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

gortex
If it was a celestial body it may have been Fomalhaut known as the Autumn star , its also the brightest star in the autumn evening .

I just checked, Fomalhaut is in the south, he said he was looking east. Plus, like I said earlier, it would've been visible for more than just a few minutes.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

z00mster
Could you perhaps post a picture of what your view from that window is in daylight?
That way we have some kind of reference.

Sure.

This photo was taken from the same window about 4 weeks ago during a hot day.

In the picture you will notice 3 separate trees close in a line (middle of pic to the right)

That is the rough direction of the Video. You can notice the 'valley' there are no main roads going over the high part in the distance. The direction is looking about 100 degrees from North in an Eastish manner.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I just checked, Fomalhaut is in the south, he said he was looking east.

Yet in this post the screen grab that the OP says is the diection he was filming is to the south and shows Fomalhaut .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I posted 3 shots. Left middle right. I might have the order of them wrong. I used formillab.ch yourhorizon thing for it with the coords.

South would have been to my right, 90 degrees right from the perspective of the video.

I am 100% sure we are looking East as that is also where the Sun rises from every day, over those trees in the pic of the view:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

I am 100% sure we are looking East as that is also where the Sun rises from every day, over those trees in the pic of the view

No problem , guess it wasn't Fomalhaut then .... nice view

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

It would have been a good explanation

Even if it was we would then be discussing how it disappears and comes back again as in the video I suppose

The view is great, I am surrounded by sheep ... the best kind of sheep

This makes me want to get a proper telescope and get my astrophotography going even more now haha.

Still I wonder what it could have been.......

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

have you watched it linked direct to you tv big screens can show up more lights in the general area.

my friend recorded same kind of thing from is back garden while my younger bother was with him

he showed it me on his big screen tv and to our surprise a blue light comes in from the left of the screen at the top

and a red light comes in from the bottom right ,which my bro or him never noticed at the time ,

so give ata whatch on your TV and let us know

ps before anyone asks im still trying to get the tape(8mm)off him but he as some mucky stuff on there so its a bit of a task to get the tape off him lol

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

komp_uk
reply to post by gortex

I posted 3 shots. Left middle right. I might have the order of them wrong. I used formillab.ch yourhorizon thing for it with the coords.

South would have been to my right, 90 degrees right from the perspective of the video.

I am 100% sure we are looking East as that is also where the Sun rises from every day, over those trees in the pic of the view:

I hate to ask, but what is the thing in the sky in this daylight pic you posted? It's likely a bird or a plane, but it popped out at me right away, lol. When it comes to UFO's and such, I tend to lean toward the more mundane, everyday kinds of explanations, but thought I'd mention the object in the sky there anyway.

Btw, I'm glad you posted pics and the video. Even when it's impossible to come to a decisive answer on what we're looking at, any kind of evidence is always a plus so S&F for posting it! I don't know what you've captured there, but I'm 99.9% positive it isn't a star... not that I'm an expert or anything, lol. But if I had to guess, I'd say it's either a plane with landing lights... any airports in that direction? Sorry if that's already been asked. My only other guess would be some sort of flare. Any military bases close by? The only thing that makes me think it may be a flare is the way it blinks out. If it was a plane with landing lights, it shouldn't have blinked out like that. So, thanks for sharing what you saw! Have you checked MUFON to see if anyone else reported seeing anything similar that night?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join