It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

documentary showing how quickly the world could end....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I found this documentary showing how quickly the world could end and how it would happen... Kinda interesting...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...
reply to post by spartacus699

I seen that last week...pretty wicked
edit on 15-9-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

That is somewhat conceivable, but then so is the sun burning out.

I dont thing that there will ever be any thing that wipes out the entire planet.

Until the sun goes away.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

The two major ones, black plague and the 1918 flu.

It has been said WWl ended because of the Flu as much as for any other reason. Yet the world did not end... well it did for those who got the bug and died so I guess that is partly correct. What would be (and no doubt on the books of some nefarious lab tucked away behind some super secret agency) a genetically modified bug that will only attack someone with a particular eye or skin color actually makes me think where this stuff will end up. Still nothing I can do about it so I do not really worry... I became aware many years ago that when the great ticket puncher decides to punch your ticket it get punched; matters not if you are an in bed hermit or a warrior on the battle field.

A simple fungus, bacteria, or virus that mutates on it's own.... Happens all the time and can be deadly to those exposed.
A horde of self replicating rogue nanobots doing the grey goo thing etc etc...
Plenty out there to make one 'pause for the cause' ...I don't really worry; wash my hands and try to keep most kids at arms distance away during school season (biggest disease spreader on the planet IMO) I will get flamed for that statement no doubt....However we as a species have survived through thick and thin and someone someplace will probably survive the next round . If heaven is 1/2 of what it is cracked up to be then, what's to worry? If not and when we die all feelings and thought on our part ends there....so what, that is the way it is.. Again nothing you can do about it..

edit on 15-9-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

here is a mutating fungus!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

hahhahaaha yes, I am the one who posted that thread! Thanks for reading it...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The first part of this was explored by Stephen King a long time ago in his book "The Stand". As well as others I can't think of at the moment. I think the probability of an outbreak is very high on the list. In fact, I would venture it's a when, not an if. The extent of it is the only variable.
The second smaller part(particle acceleration), may not be as likely, but it is still a real possibility.

We are a global society that likes to play with fire. And as we all know, when you play with fire, sooner or later, you get burned.
edit on 9/15/2013 by Klassified because: add

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I kinda think it would be exciting to be one of the sole survivors left after a mass pandemic that kills off most everyone. That would be so crazy!

Kinda reminds me... I was at the burning man 3 years ago. And their was this one guy who was doing a skit. He was acting like a teacher who was telling everyone about how the world use to be, before the apocalypse. Like that they was cities and other amazing things. And it was crazy because you're in such a strange environment that for a second or two you actually felt a bit like what it might feel like if you were living after the apocalypse, as you listened to that guy preach. That was just wild!

Then you snap out of it and are like, no, I wish

top topics

join