It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's 10 Most Mysterious Pictures Ever Taken

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I enjoyed this alot Sled, especially the last one. I have seen them all expect the moon pyramids, defintely going to be looking into that one more now.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This thread is a straight lift from the very good YouTube Channel "Hybrid Librarian".

Check out his channel, you might like it.

The question I have is why has the OP copy and pasted another man's work?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

pikestaff
Okay, so the lady has a cellphone, who is she talking too? there were no cellphone towers back then, were there? So perhaps she had a Dictaphone, and was listening to a recent recording to make sure she got it right? year, right!

The cell phone has been discussed here at great length. It was a hearing aid. A member here even posted pics of various models.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Thorneblood- | recently saw on TV on One of those brain shows (| think??) that stated that this "Tank Man" was altered. The host had also shown what He reported to be the "real picture"...

Nice vid.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
WOW! This is great OP. Just when I think I can no longer be surprised on the internet I am surprised. There are a couple of photos in there I'd never seen before. I was not expecting that at all. That last one, wow.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by imod02

I also thought the photograph seemed to be a mirror image of the man. The faces look very much alike except what really spooks me is that one is wearing a hat while the other is not and you can clearly see the 'ghost's' hairline. There faces look so much alike though.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Great thread - and thanks for sharing this video find, Sled!!

Goddard's squadron is a picture that has always interested me and I'm so glad to see it made the list. To me, this is one of the MOST intriguing ghost pictures of all time. I was, for a time, worried about the authenticity of it because it was publicized in 1975, yet the picture was taken back in 1919. To me, it seemed like it should have made headlines back then... not more than half a century later. I also had the initial response that it was likely a double exposure - but there are no other signs of double exposure in the photograph and "Freddy" is the only one without a hat (and you can clearly see his hair line... it isn't just like the image got cut off where his hat would be).

I've tried to find an actual picture of Freddy Jackson to compare, but I haven't had any luck. Has anyone ever found a picture of Freddy Jackson to see if the image does indeed look like him? Given the time, I suppose there is a good chance that Freddy never had his picture taken. (Which maybe explains why he didn't want to miss this group photo!
)

I believe this video adds some credibility to the Freddy Jackson photo because it is a first-hand witness. It is the testimony of an elderly woman who, as a young woman, served on the airbase at the time the photo was taken. I have no "proof" that she is the real deal, but she seems authentic. She claims she was there when the pictures were handed out, recognized Freddy, and still has her copy of the photo:

edit on 16-9-2013 by VegHead because: typotastic

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

tasteslikethunder
I do apologize if this has been mentioned - the picture that intrigues me is not in the "10", but one at the very beginning and left unexplained in the video intro. It looks like a giant man sitting behind a couple on the beach. Does any one have any info or links to that photo? I am having trouble explaining it to Google....

Yes ^ this. I was wondering what I'm supposed to be seeing in that picture. Color me puzzled!

edit on 16-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

Because, if he had not done so. I for one would have never known about this video or much of the information it contained.

Granted credit should be due where credit is due. But the sharing of knowledge is far more important, than the person who put the words together.

My opinion at least. Lets get back on topic

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ionwind

It does seem less like a pyramid on the moon now. Following the movement of the camera from picture to picture, I can see how the triangular shape would be part of the LVR. Makes alot of sense. Thanks for that.

As for others who insist people use the search engine. I get it, I understand. But if the post had used the search engine and not posted this thread. I would have never seen some of these images, nor learned what I have learned in this topic.
That would have required, that I myself dug through old posts here on ATS. To be honest, I have not yet begun to do so. I do not know if it is normal for old ATS members to simple look around in the old threads here. But I have never done it. Maybe I should begin to do so.

But I do however appreciate learning new things and finding new (new to me) information. Even though they have been posted before for others to see.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Are you guys talking about this one?

(Took a snapshot of the video)
I swear I have seen it somewhere before! I searched the internet for about an hour and couldn't find anything.
If anyone knows where to find that photo on the net with it's information please let me know.

(At this point I don't even care if it were a simple case of pareidolia, I just want to find the source of that photo.)

edit on 16/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hello again, | commented a bit ago re: the Tiananmen Square debacle. | most appreciate the links provided by folks even if Y'all don't agree, w/that being typed. This is what | found re: what | referenced www.sciencedaily.com...

| hope it is correct. This photo is circa 2007 but the television show was a current show that "they" could run Lumiosity™ commercials (folks ought to save the $$ and come to this site..)

Again, thanks for all the interesting stuff to ponder. Beats the snot out of some nut shooting up "the place" (any place)

EDIT: Thats my first link and it works! Like when | forget my key fob at the Winn/Dixie™ and proudly tell the cashier "| know my phone number" so,sew, Hi, |'m 50, in the paper |'m a 'Gemini' but in actuality |'m a Taurus (Ayurvedic Astrology) | did a link and | KNOW my phone number. A perfect day! namaste
edit on 09/03/2013 by LewisStulePhD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Yeah, that's the one. I suppose it kinda looks like a very large humanoid figure, but it could just easily be a tree trunk. However, at the top, just left of center, it looks like an angel is peaking out from behind the trees!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

windword

Yeah, that's the one. I suppose it kinda looks like a very large humanoid figure, but it could just easily be a tree trunk. However, at the top, just left of center, it looks like an angel is peaking out from behind the trees!

Hey, to all you wondering about that picture...

I looked on the YouTube video itself, and the creator of the video had written this:

FYI...
- Intro picture - Search for "Mysterious photo taken near Batlow, NSW (1932)" on Youtube.

Here is that video:

I have no idea why that sound is so awful... but it is what I found. I hope it helps!
edit on 16-9-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

You are amazing! Thank you.

I am usually good with finding these kind of things, but for some reason tonight, wherever I looked I came up empty handed.
Thanks again. 2 Thumbs up!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Yeah thanks! It's BIG FOOT!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Leonidas
This thread is a straight lift from the very good YouTube Channel "Hybrid Librarian".

Check out his channel, you might like it.

The question I have is why has the OP copy and pasted another man's work?

No, this video is straight off the You Tube site, not the Hybrid Librarian site.
If anything on You Tube is not to be shared it will say so.
If you pull down the "more" under the comments under the video, it gives websites that tell more about each photo.

You Tube videos are used here everyday. I'm surprised that you don't know this, since you have been a member since 2003.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Thank you sooooooooooo much for posting the video! Awesome!
I didn't even catch that at the beginning! :O

To everyone who has commented, or added links or photos, thank you so much! I had no idea this video would spark the interest it has. I'm happy I could bring something others find as interesting as I do.
I apologize that I am not taking more of a role in the thread, but work and limited time on my part is making it impossible.
So, I give a HUGE thank you to all the members who are providing links and photos that I should be doing myself.

STANDING OVATION TO ALL OF YOU!!!! (CLAPS)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

A great video, thanks for sharing.

As a possible explanation for the ghost photo, there have been quite a few photo's that similarly show ghost images that have been legitimately explained as follows. With the camera technology used in the early 1900's and through to the 1920's, double exposures due to the film not being removed from the camera (in the case of individual films), or wound between exposures would result in a double image. You tend to get one image fainter than the other due to the double exposure to light of the film. I am not saying that is definitely the case with this picture, but it is possible the photographer took a picture of another person before this one, forgot to change the film, and then took this picture. It was not uncommon back then to do it accidentally, and it was a roaring trade to do purposefully to create funny pictures such as people fighting themselves.

I have searched online for any details as to the scale of the Black Knight object but could not find concrete data. Can anyone point me to the details of how big it is? Again, viewed from several different angles it looks like anything from an alien space ship to a piece of space junk, so I would be keen to see the size of the thing to help get more of a clue as to what it could be.

cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

there was a thread on here not to long ago about that picture. its a ghostly lady in a white dress coming out of the tree to the above left of the two people.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join