It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's 10 Most Mysterious Pictures Ever Taken

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

As for the black knight look up skeptoid.com... and the Hessdalen lights, look up skeptoid.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
On the Charlie Chaplin Cellphone one...

I read somewhere that back then, the film studios used to have a pool of "extras" who played the parts of passers-by etc.
These extras were almost always men, and when a woman extra was required for a scene, one of the men had to dress up like a woman, but their male face could give the game away, so they had to mask their faces somehow. That is why on many early movies, any ladies in the background would be reading a newspaper or waving a fan, or in this case holding a hand to their face.

It could be a possible explanation? (Except that some people say they can see the "woman" talking into her hand?)

GTD

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Nice thread OP

Regarding the Goddar's Squadron Photo:

The face behid him looks like Christopher Walken? In his younger days?

looks like him to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

He does, doesn't he?! Nice catch!

Things that make you go, Hummmmmm....................... ?????????????

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
These are all incredibly interesting photos, but the one that really intrigues me is the pyramid on the moon picture.

I would love to learn more about that one.

I have a deep seeded feeling that there are life forms on the moon. And in the universe. We aren't the only ones.

Thank you so much for your post.

S&F

edit on 15-9-2013 by Quyll because: Smiley face!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

You're welcome!

Well, I think it would be very arrogant of us Earthlings to think we are the only living thing in this big old universe.

I'm quite sure we are not alone. I have my own proof of that, but that's for another thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I would love to read that thread whenever you have the chance to make it! I am always trying to look for evidence of alien life.

That's why I watch shows like Star Trek and Stargate to give me hope that we aren't the only ones out there. Wouldn't that be a sad truth?

Besides the photo with the pyramid, the other one that intrigued me was the ghost behind the soldier.

I'm not a big believer in ghosts, but that picture made me want rethink my beliefs...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Cool video, but lets be honest, # 1 HAS to be Goddard's squadron...

Is anyone else freaked out??? I am!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

Oh, I already made the thread. Just click on my signature. My story is on the first page about my UFO encounters.

Also, I've had numerous others post their experiences there. One guy had so many contacts from aliens, he made his own website: www.the-starpeople.net...?

Enjoy the read.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

These are all quite interesting particularly the Black Knight "debris". Never know, could be a probe from an advanced civilization that monitors our development. Let's hope the Vulcans are ready to share their warp-drive secrets soon

One I would add to the list, though it doesn't quite qualify, is a famous MISSING image, namely the legendary missing Thunderbird Photo. Everyone seems to remember it looking differently and fakes and recreations abound on the interwebs,

ATS Hunts for the Missing Thunderbird Photo

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Yes, that one is pretty cool!

I'm not as freaked out by it as you seem to be, but then, read my signature.
I'm pretty used to having ghosts around. LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Looking at the picture more closely, is it possible there was some defect in the film, a small bending that caused a double image, to me both of them look very alike. Any idea's

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thanks OP.
Don't you just love that ol' 10 most ....

Regarding number one, I am intrigued by the badge.
Doing a quick google search I found that this stonehenge patch isn't the official patch of the 17th mission.
It would have really surprised me if it would have been.
Still, I would like to know if this patch (and another mission 17 patch depicting stonehenge) where official designs that have been taken under consideration. If so, who designed these, was it the same guy that designed the patch being used?

Sorry for not having answers yet. I'm still looking, but I wanted to share anyways.

In the meantime, kudos for providing material to feist on.
S&F

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by imod02

It's pretty clear that's not what happened because the ghost is not wearing a hat. Also, you can see his forehead where the man's is covered by his hat.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by z00mster

Thank you. Glad you like it.

As for me, it is past my bedtime. I have to get some sleep. I have to work tonight.

You all have fun here, and I'll check you guys out when I wake up.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wow, that Goddard photo has freaked me out a bit, I'm going to have a look more into it. Some good ones on there, I think it's reasonable to assume a woman can be smiling whilst using an ear-trumpet though, especially if she knew she was having her picture taken.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

LamiaLilit
reply to post by sled735

Interesting video.

I haven't heard about the Black Knight satellite. I just think it is strange that NASA would take pictures of something like that and then admit to it. It is just not like them.

I had never heard of it myself until I joined ATS.

Here are some threads you might enjoy on the subject. I personally don't have an opinion on what it is. It is an interesting subject I will admit. Some say it's nothing and others think it's something.

Here is a recent thread by Gazrok from earlier this year.
The Black Knight Satellite

Another from 2007
The Black Knight from Space

One from Sept 2012
The Black Knight Satellite - more questions than answers.

The Black Knight satellite (((in the sky before sputnik)))

November 2012
The Black Knight???

You can type in "Black Knight" in the search engine here to find more but I found typing in "Black Knight Satellite Abovetopsecret" into Google much easier.....sorry mods. I just don't find things as easily on the new search engine.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ok I have been able to find an answer to one of my questions:

This emblem was designed by artist Robert T. McCall in collaboration with the astronauts

Source

So, I wonder if I can find out if he also made the 'rejected' designs and if not, who did..

link   

phantomjack
reply to post by sled735

I am sorry...but you lost me at "ya'll"

Learn proper English please?

Southern ghost:

link   

phantomjack
reply to post by sled735

I am sorry...but you lost me at "ya'll"

Learn proper English please?

You forgot a comma. It should be:
Learn proper English, please?

Haha, couldn't resist. Now about y'all... it is a staple in our language in the southern US. As standard to conversation as Grits are to breakfast. Born on a wilting summer day, where words hang in the hot breeze with a slow lilt-- because nothing moves fast in that kind of heat-- y'all is as much a conservation of breath as it is a contraction of you and all.

Charmed, I'm sure!

So now to topic... Cool! I've seen some of those pics but not all of them. And to the person who posted all the explanations before their morning coffee... "Smartypants" and just "WOW!" *insert thumbs-up here*
edit on 9/15/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join