It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's 10 Most Mysterious Pictures Ever Taken

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
World's 10 Most Mysterious Pictures Ever Taken

I'm hoping this hasn't already been posted. I don't know how to use the search engine on the new ATS yet.
If so, MODS can remove it.

I just came across this video and thought I would share it with ya'll.
It doesn't take long to watch it, and it should provide some interesting discussions here.

The top10 photos are presented that have yet to be explained.

After watching the video, do you have an explanation to offer for any of them?

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I've heard and read of 7 of these, and it's nice to have them all in one video/slide show. I will post links to them if some people want to read more about these strange pictures in more detail. (Some of us have really slow internet connections sometimes.)

Thanks for the great find Sled. I'm sure a lot of people will find it interesting.

S&F
edit on 15/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

10. Martian Blueberries

www.geekosystem.com...

9. Hook Island Sea Monster

scienceblogs.com...

8. The Black Knight Satellite

www.armaghplanet.com...

7. The Babushka Lady

www.cracked.com...

6. Charlie Chaplin Movie's Cell Phone

www.dailymail.co.uk...

5. The Hessdalen Lights

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

4. The Unknown Rebel

www.elephantjournal.com...

3.The Solway Firth Spaceman

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. Goddar's Squadron Photo

paranormal.about.com...

1. Geophone Rock Anomaly

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Okay, now I need to finish my coffee. Enjoy everyone.

edit on 15/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Interesting video.

I haven't heard about the Black Knight satellite. I just think it is strange that NASA would take pictures of something like that and then admit to it. It is just not like them.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I really liked that but what I dont understand is the jfk lady...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Number 1 (the last one shown) of the pyramid structure intrigued me. I have never seen or heard about this before. And what intrigued me just as much, was their patch showing stonehenge and the moon, in some sort of co-operative function.

Does anyone know anymore about that pyramid structure?

Very cool video sled735, thank you for sharing.

The "Black Knight" satellite had my interrest a while back, when it was first shown here on ATS. I could never find a way to debunk it, other than it being a piece of debris. We have roughly 8000 working man-made objects in orbit around the earth (satelittes, telescopes, etc. etc.) And far more debris from non working man made objects. The SSN has tracked more than 24,500 space objects orbiting Earth. Most of them have fallen out of their orbits and burned up during reentry into earths atmosphere.
All in all, The "Black Knight" satellite is a hard one to confirm as alien.

The Charlie Chaplin cellphone, I dont believe. It could be anything thats being held up to the ear. Could be anything held in that persons hand and the person simply needed to scratch their ear. Could be anything imo.

Hessdalen Lights are still amazing. They were amazing when they studied them and they are just as amazing now. Reports of sightings there are still comming in to this day. www.hessdalen.org...

The Unknown rebel is not exactly mysterious, its more heartwarming to see one man standing up to a tank. I am pretty sure they ran him over.. but still, it is a nice thought that one man can simply get enough, and hold his ground.

edit on 15-9-2013 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2013 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Thank you all for your responses. Yea!

I wasn't expecting any replies yet because most people are in bed. But I'm still up because I work third shift and can't sleep at night when I'm off work. But then, not everyone on ATS lives in the U.S., right? LOL

The one that has the most likely explanation, in my opinion, is the Charlie Chaplin cellphone.
As the member above stated, it could be anything. I really can't see what she is holding. So...

Thanks everyone. I look forward to seeing where this thread goes.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing!

The Black Knight Satellite has had me scratching my head for years.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Okay, so the lady has a cellphone, who is she talking too? there were no cellphone towers back then, were there? So perhaps she had a Dictaphone, and was listening to a recent recording to make sure she got it right? year, right!

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

phantomjack
reply to post by sled735

I am sorry...but you lost me at "ya'll"

Learn proper English please?

Hun-uh! Ya' see, I'm frum the South. That's how we'uns talk down here.
(not really!)

Okay, just for you... I thought I would share it with you all.

Better? LOL

edit on 9/15/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Oh, thank you, Rainbowresidue!

Great links to read the stories! (thumbs up to you)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

We really should have a way of removing stars from other members in these cases..
I wont reply to you again. I hope no one else will either.

Anyways back to the topic.

reply to post by pikestaff

I am not sure the dictaphone had made it through its evolution to be that small in 1928. It did exist, and was made in the late 18-hundreds. But it was rather big. en.wikipedia.org...

reply to post by sled735

ATS never sleeps! :p

reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Thanks for all the link hunting you did for us. Star for you
Will be looking through them. That Geophone one truely has me intrigued.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thanks for those. Seen a few of them before and if I am not mistaken, I think the cellphone one was discussed on here not so long ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

"That Geophone one truely has me intrigued."

That one is interesting! I wonder if this could prove that aliens have visited us, and proof that they actually did help humans build the pyramids on Earth, as many claim?
I read somewhere that aliens live on the moon. Could they have placed them here as some type of signal to "pick us up" from their pyramids on the moon? Just a thought. I mean, that is weird!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Im thinking more along the lines of previous human civilisations. Perhaps millions of years ago, a civilisation like ours, but more advanced built on both mars and the moon. Millions of years would remove most evidence of it, and it is pure GUESSING on my side atm.

But our planet is very old and the possibility of older human civilisations both more advanced and more intelligent is a possibility in my opinion. It may also explain such things as ancient aliens and ancient advanced tools found deep within the ground we walk on. Again, I am guessing. I like to guess. Maybe they left at some point, knowing that earth would be hit by a huge meteor or the comming of an ice age. Maybe they then returned to bring their civilisation back to earth and for some reason left us alone, only to check in on us once in a while. Guess guess guess guess
All I can do. But heck, why not? A pyramid on the moon would honestly not surprise me. A building of any sort on mars, evidence of a civilisation on mars, would not surprise me either.

I just hope we find some evidence of some of all these guesses before I die.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Most of these pics are not mysterious at all, they are just old 'folk tales" that have never been widely explained and so they linger in people's consciousness for ages as mysterious.

Example...
Space Man Picture
This thread does a fair job of explaining this picture. The main theory is that it is his wife looking in the opposite direction which is one of the most logical explanations i have heard. A few of the other more down to earth theories are that it is a man in a bee-keeper's suit or my own initial belief that it was simply a man in a Fencing Uniform which bears striking similarities to both a bee keepers suit and a space suit.

The Unknown Rebel is truly an iconic photo and one of the only pictures shown here that is still something of a mystery....Tank Man

Little is publicly known of the man's identity or that of the commander of the lead tank. Shortly after the incident, the British tabloid the Sunday Express named him as Wang Weilin (王维林), a 19-year-old student[7] who was later charged with "political hooliganism" and "attempting to subvert members of the People's Liberation Army".[8] However, this claim has been rejected by internal Communist Party of China documents, which reported that they could not find the man, according to the Hong Kong-based Information Center for Human Rights.[9] One party member was quoted as saying, "We can’t find him. We got his name from journalists. We have checked through computers but can’t find him among the dead or among those in prison."[9] Numerous theories have sprung up as to the man's identity and current whereabouts.[10]
There are several conflicting stories about what happened to him after the demonstration. In a speech to the President's Club in 1999, Bruce Herschensohn, former deputy special assistant to President Richard Nixon, reported that he was executed 14 days later; other sources say he was executed by firing squad a few months after the Tiananmen Square protests.[5] In Red China Blues: My Long March from Mao to Now, Jan Wong writes that she believes from her interactions with the government press that they have "no idea who he was either," and that he's still alive, hiding in mainland China.

Anyway, i will leave it there for now as it's 3 am.

As for the search function, just click on that magnifying glass on the far right of the page.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Thorneblood
it was simply a man in a Fencing Uniform which bears striking similarities to both a bee keepers suit and a space suit.

I agree with you that some of these pictures could have an explanation.

But what on earth would a man in a fencing suit be doing in the middle of nowhere in Soulway Firth ( a firth bordering England and Scotland) ?

Respectfully disagreeing with kindest regards,
Rainbow

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I've heard those theories about the "space alien" being the man's wife too. Seriously?! Does that look like a woman to you?
The bee keepers suit could be an explanation. Looks more like a beekeepers suite than the man's wife. LOL
All we have is the man's word that no one was there when he took the photo, and Kodak said the photo had not been tampered with. It remains a mystery.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Your "guesses" are better than mine. Makes sense to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

regarding the age of earth...yes there could have been several intelligent civilisations have existed...

time erases all the evidense...some anomalys could have survived like the sferes they digged out of an mine in south africa...

paranormal.about.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join