It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The brave traveller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I was sitting on my veranda around staring over the sun baked landscape and entrapped in wandering thoughts. A stranger suddenly appeared on the path down the road and his figure became larger as he walked towards me. When he arrived I saw his face, sun baked and wrinkled and weary but smiling. I said hi stranger and passed him a drink, and he sat down on porch in front of me and we chatted the afternoon away. I learned that he has been travelling a long time and his journey was far from over. He got up and swept his hand over the landscape and suddenly the mirage of shimmering heat on the barren landscape showed a world of mystery. A landscape of jungles, strange beasts, machines, and what appeared to be a city rising over the mountain top.

I asked him what had he done, and what was going on. He replied.

I opened the door to let you see the wider the field out there. You are now in the position to go and explore that. You need to learn to motivate yourself, as nothing will do it for you. The journey ahead will be hard and you have the choice of going down it or not. There is no obligation to go down the path or stay where you are, and what lies down the path is challenges, mysteries and pains and the views of human tragedies, and triumphs and at the end of the road lurks old age. This is the path of life for the brave traveller.

edit on 14-9-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Never forget to entertain strangers...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
the entertainment highway

new topics

join