It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TCT channel: WTH did I just watch?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Next thing you know churches will be running credit checks on you before you can join........err....oh you say some already do.

It must be gods will.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My friend and I always say that these mooching preachers worship "Money-god". Tithe what you can spare to support your church and it's activities, but never believe that God has any concern for your money what-so-ever.

If some anti-christian preacher says God will "bless you" with more money after you donate to their church, run away with your hand glued to your wallet and don't ever believe a word he preaches. If you understand Christianity, you will be able to tell who worships "Money-god" or other false idols and who actually follows Christ.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Who wouldn't want to throw money at the church? God smites people who hold anything back, just read the story about Ananias and Sapphira in the bible. God needs money and LOTS of it. He doesn't run the universe, write books, and do nothing for free people.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I had never gone to a church that the hirelings didn't "beg" for a tithe or offering.It may have been subtle but none of them denied their take.This is only the tip of their doctrines of men that make void the word of the living God.The wide road that leads to the gate of destruction is VERY wide and littered with "amens".God has uses for petards.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Versus

Well, Obama des it and says it's wealth redistribution.

Is God a progressive?

I doubt it, we probably would have another best seller out of him by now if he was...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
You can bet they are using shills to tip people over the "is this a reasonable and smart thing to do" barrier when they have the phone in their hand but haven't dialed the numbers yet.

"screw that crazy bitch, im going to donate more because i love Jesus more"

Give 50,000$ and get this limited edition 'Gold plated 50k love club' medal.
edit on 15-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well according to the following video when you die you have to pay for your sins.... It is a cash business and no credit cards are accepted. I suppose these preachers are trying to get a head start on the whole payback thingy? Little do they realize their method of fleecing the flock won't work in any after life.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The channel your talking about is completly non-profit. None of the $ you pledge goes to the pastor preaching, or anyone else on the channel. Its for the purpose & upkeep of equipment & facilities. TCT is basically like PBS ( Just with Religious programming) Should we say tht Ken Burns, etc... are after our $ as well for there financial gain, & that is there only purpose. No, they are creating programs that we enjoy. Same as the TCT network. They are not forcing God upon you. If you dont like it, simply change the channel. Dont get upon your high horse & start preaching how you dont like it. Last I checked this is America & you have a choice of what you watch.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
No. This is not what Christianity is. It is a result of the choices people make. All of the conditions and situations unbelievers bring up to deny the existence of God are the product of choices people make. God allows us to make choices. People choose to do some pretty horrible things. People choose to do some pretty stupid things. We see the consequences of those choices all around us all the time.

People also choose to do some pretty awesome things. Honorable things. Courageous things. Responsible things. Things that honor and glorify God. You won't see many of these things watching televangelists.

Matthew 21:13

And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’”

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

vidiot36
The channel your talking about is completly non-profit. None of the $ you pledge goes to the pastor preaching, or anyone else on the channel. Its for the purpose & upkeep of equipment & facilities. TCT is basically like PBS ( Just with Religious programming) Should we say tht Ken Burns, etc... are after our $ as well for there financial gain, & that is there only purpose. No, they are creating programs that we enjoy. Same as the TCT network. They are not forcing God upon you. If you dont like it, simply change the channel. Dont get upon your high horse & start preaching how you dont like it. Last I checked this is America & you have a choice of what you watch.

All of those entities taking donations for the victims of 9/11 and Katrina were non-profit too. We all know how that turned out.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by vidiot36

I think vidiot36 does have a point.

It costs a -lot- of money to do all that stuff.

No one here gets mad at corporations for crazy exaggerated advertisements. As well no one should, because it's obvious what they are doing.

So then the people that are running these shows have no illusion to the fact that everyone knows what they are doing.

As well, most of the people who judge these people perform much worse than that which they judge.

I have seen these programs before, and sometimes I do indeed dislike the con-artist vibe that I get from them. That vibe goes with the personality though. Just because I get the vibe, it doesn't mean someone is actually a con-artist; but they have the personality.

People think I'm always angry because of my countenance and my eyes are sharp. But I'm not angry at all. I'm extremely happy.

I'm displeased with the world in general, but that doesn't rule my heart.

Just like one can come off as a con-artist, and you, because you are already judgmental about Christianity (while knowing nothing about it, and yet, thinking you do, because you judge that which you've never actually experienced) are also a con-artist; it is within your personality. You are selling your version of what is going on.

That is what communication is. It's selling yourself. 100% of the time. There is no communication that is not selling yourself.

Who you are resides completely in every word you utter, and everything thing you do. And the world receives what you do and tastes you and judges you for it.

Now just like little whiny babies will taste with their eyes, then with their tongues, and will choose to not eat green peas; which when they become mature, they eat, because they realized the acquired taste and realize just how incredibly good the food is for you.

So you have tasted with your eyes, and it wasn't appealing. And you have tasted with your tongue, and the texture was off.

But if you had ingested and tested the spirit of that which you judge, you would have found you woke up the next day more alert, stronger, and your rectum wouldn't be choking on crap.

There are indeed con-artists. But you didn't notice that the peas are set next to other food, and the peas are set on a plate that had to be made, and that plate was served, and all the food was cooked on many expensive appliances, and the appliances were fashioned, and the fuel for those appliances provided, and the machines which provide that fuel, and their maintenance, back to the people which drive those machines and those people also must eat; and the nature which produces the food which must be harvested and gleaned and stored and packaged and shipped and quality checks must be enforced at every step; and this is only one narrow point to the entire process. This does not include so many other aspects just to get those peas to you, whiny babies, which you rejected because you don't like the color or its texture, being ignorant of its wealth of health to you.

And so sometimes parents do indeed try to con their little babies into taking in what they know is good for them. But it's not a con; it's just a much sweeter version of the truth so that they are willing to ingest and then to understand the reality; which directly matches the sweeter version of the truth, but only maturity is able to understand the sweetness; just like children do not taste the sweetness of corn because they are accustomed to the strong sugars, but adults do.

So we mash up the peas, and we add a little spice and a little sugar and we mix it with some sweet potatoes, and we spoon feed it to the babies and the babies eat it up. Now the teenagers are standing by saying, "You are so evil, you made little brother eat something he didn't like, just like you make me do things I don't like. You're just out to make sure we're uncomfortable. I hate you." As the teenager walks to their bedroom, which is inside, away from the elements, to play on their electronic toys, which are not necessary, but are for the comfort of the rebellious fool.

A teenager is supposed to be mature enough to start developing their tastes. But if they are constantly rebellious and whiny and too afraid to put food into themselves that doesn't taste good at first, so that they might be stronger, then they will grow weak, more rebellious, more foolish, and they will spend the rest of their lives being on top only if they continue to manipulate, lie, and take for granted all the things which they could never do for themselves.

For it is these foolish kids that think to themselves, "I can do all of this by myself." When they haven't yet been faced with the reality of sleeping in a ditch.

And so you are sleeping in a ditch, the whiny babies that judge only by sight, and are not even honest enough to judge all the angles of that which you see, so that you are better able to make an accurate assessment of the situation.

Because it is true that there are some false prophets, but if you do not believe in the Lord, you certainly have no say in the matter; and at that, because you don't have the truth in you yet, then how could you know if someone was doing good in the first place?

Because the Lord works in very mysterious ways. Those who shine a little light in the darkness try to reveal what they want you to see; but those that shine brighter than the sun will blind you and you will understand nothing.

If something is so offensive to your eyes, then take your own advice: Just like you judge those (and you judge accurately) that claim to be Christian and yet yell and scream and throw fits at homosexuals and the like, do you not say, "Well, they must have a hidden issue of attraction for them to be fighting this thing so hard, because it's obvious they are not right." -- Don't be so hypocritical, but learn to judge yourselves the same way. If something becomes so offensive to you, ask yourself, "Is that because there is something there to which I actually relate?"

Because it is my firm belief, especially for you supposed atheists, that you genuinely know God exists and I think you prove it with your attraction to the topics and your boldness in opposition.

But how can you be violently opposed to that which does not exist? Then you would be a HUGE fool, and completely insane at that.

So therefore you are being called to better things. But you strive against the calling because you believe you will lose your identity and you will lose your freedom and your choices.

But that is completely and utterly wrong. And that error does exist within the church, and that is not how things work.

For God gave you the spirit that He willed for you. Therefore your desire belongs to Him. Now some things may not be right, but if they are not right, and you believe yourself to be honest, then are you afraid to face those few things that might not be right? And then you might not have desires that are not right; you might just be kicking against the pricks and judging YOURSELF too harshly, based upon the supposed ideas of other people that claim to be children of God, but yet they are not; and you wouldn't know it, because you perceive that they are, but your vision is clouded by your hypocritical judgment.

Now if you will give your desires to God, who is greater than the name which we give Him in our limited human languages; and you will understand the truth about what has been said, and this only by first taking in the baby's milk, and then by learning to eat that which is good for you, and then learning to develop your tastes, and then learning to love the tastes; then, in this way, you will be able to grow strong and be who you are and yet also belong to God, because you cannot be who you truly are until you give yourself to the one who formed every fiber; no, every quark of your body, your mind, and every facet of your spirit, which is a diamond requiring much time and effort in shaping so that the light is broken up into perfect colors and sparkles; instead of being absorbed into a novelty piece of old hard coal.

Enjoy your consideration, for the few of you that will actually sit in silence for a few seconds, have integrity, and contemplate these words.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Until you've given every last thing you have to your name to someone else when you had just gotten on your feet, for their benefit; then you will have a right to speak.

But I know you haven't because your attitude is -extremely- easy to read. "We all know how that turned out."

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Twice a year, the tct network holds a telethon to raise funds, to support them for the rest of the year. The network has 8 stations throughout the Midwest. Each station producing its own local programs. If u know anything about the cost of tv, its not cheap. The other 54 weeks out of the year tct offers some amazing programs for the Christian community, none of which beg for money, but offer wisdom & knowledge of the Lord. Tune into any Ask the Pastor program, or Faith in History, It's Supernatural, Walking by Faith, Joseph Prince, Dorinda, Celebrate Live, or I'm Just Sayin program & tell me I'm wrong. All of these programs offer wholesome Christian entertainment.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I have nothing to say against that.

But there are false teachers and con-artists for sure. If there weren't, there wouldn't be a mind fearing it.

It there weren't false teachers, there would be nothing from which to separate the wheat.

I'm combating the attitude that all teachers must be false if there are some false teachers. That is equally as foolish as believing that none of the teachers are false. For how can there only be false teachers if truth does not exist?

And yet the very same that accuse some of being liars are the same ones, when asked about truth, they will say, "What is truth?"

Therefore, their accusations have no valid foundation.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
One more dirty little tv secret, whenever u buy a can of Pepsi, or a bag of chips, or some shampoo you are supporting the major tv networks. Thats how they make there $, through advertising. & every commercial break is begging 4 ur dollars. So go ahead & support corp. Networks, as they are being used to dumb down the shepple. I'm going to continue to support the ones that offer me spirtual growth & enrichment in my life. Something I'm happy to let my kids watch, knowing there not gonna grow up into miley Cyrus. Selling there soul 4 a dollar.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Tarzanbeta makes n excellent point.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

And here you prove the point.

You use Miley Cyrus as a focus for what your kids should not be. Therefore, your basis is on fear, not wisdom.

For that which is your focus is where you are being led, and leading.

Or do you have eyes in the back of your head? Or do you not have to turn your head to see that from which you run away, and therefore cause yourself to be vulnerable to tripping and falling and breaking yourself?

You should have sympathy for that girl. Not judgment. You judge by sight as all others.

Here's a little secret for you: if you lead your life with fear, then you heed the voice of false teachers.

Now fear of the Lord is to be turned towards the Lord. Not away. So therefore, to be afraid of the world is to be turned towards the world.

That which you fear, that is where you go.

You should be teaching your kids mercy with that girl as the example. Not judgment.

Or else they will learn to demonize the weak instead of helping them as they grow older. They will therefore not be witnesses of mercy, truth, and love, but be witnesses for selfishness, fear, and insecurity.

Your kids are adults in training. They are not children forever. They are already exposed; so then why rob them of true judgment?

And have you met a human being who was saved by living in a bubble?

Or are they saved because the Lord allows us to experience the misgivings of all those around us, and also our own misgivings, and the misgivings we have upon other people, are they not also come back upon us? And therefore this is how we learn humility.

It is not true that we should commit evil. And one who continually is rebellious and acts in defiance without learning their lessons, they have a bigger lesson.

But those who have never known the Lord, but only have been subjected to that which is false, you cannot still judge them, for they are still in their ignorance. The Lord judges them and knows; but what do you know?

If that girl wanted to make money, she has a million other people around her and she has other resources.

What she did was for attention; not glory either, but for attention. She is being abused, she is not being loved, she is being sucked dry.

No one wants her for who -she- is, if she even knows who she is anymore.

That's what happens to these kinds of people.

And you attack her, and demonize her to your kids, and yet you forget the millions of people around her, and especially those closest to her, that have traded HER. She is the commodity; she is the conduit through which those life suckers get -their- money.

You judge a young girl for foolishness that is laid upon her by others that are fools.

And you play into the media drama and judge her instead of realizing the whole thing is an act set-up by those who wanted a story with which to drive the sales which they derive.

Don't be such a hypocrite. You say you know the secret of how corporations make their money, and yet you only work on the surface.

And now why provide more ammunition for those that speak against God?

And this is public because it should be pointed out to the people that God does not work the way in which you claim.

You eat the honey, but you do not digest it. You ingest the wholesome entertainment, but your bowels are shut. You receive no nutrition; but, in reality, you eat the honey to say you eat the honey, but in your heart you are drunk on the wine of the hypocrisy of tradition; you will go to bed at peace, but you will wake up suffering the punishment of your drunkenness.

Or you can start learning to love people again, which is the TRUE COMMANDMENT of the LORD.

Luke 18:9-14

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Amen.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

TarzanBeta
reply to post by kimish

Until you've given every last thing you have to your name to someone else when you had just gotten on your feet, for their benefit; then you will have a right to speak.

But I know you haven't because your attitude is -extremely- easy to read. "We all know how that turned out."

It's nice that you know me soo well.

As a matter of fact, I have given my last Dollar, offered my own bed and the last of my food to people who were in need. And I'm an "In-need" person myself, you Cock. IF it weren't for One family member, I'd be homeless on the street.

Isn't there only one who can judge? Thanks dick

Prove me I'm wrong in that those donations I spoke of didn't go to the victims. Please, prove it. Until then, shut your pie-hole with your self righteous, know it all attitude.
It's no different what those non profit organizations do than what a lot of churches are doing. How many people do you know make a salary of 30k a year and have two Lexus? Or two Beamers? It makes you wonder, when you see a "man of God" with a modest salary driving 2 or more 50k dollar vehicles. Tell me, were those vehicles given to them? Or does some of that donation/tithe money make its way into their pockets?
edit on 15-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

You say there is only One that can judge. And yet you sit here and continue to judge that which you do not understand. You judge people who make 30K and 50K driving BMW's and Lexus' and the like.

You obviously don't understand how much you can actually get with $30,000, do you?

I know your attitude. You didn't give to give, but as investment.

Your ease of anger at a stranger further proves your adolescent understanding of judgment, and further lends credence to my understanding of your investments, which you call offerings.

If you had wisdom, you would be like the previous person who most definitely has wisdom and heard me and said, "Amen". By that word alone that person caused me to think better about their understanding and their speech and to check myself as well.

But by your anger, you only have proven me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join