It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TCT channel: WTH did I just watch?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
First of all, sorry if this in the wrong forum.

...But what I watch has really disturbed me. I'm just so speechless and disgusted...

Basically, a televangelist spreading propaganda through religion for the purpose of embezzlement (redundant?). The title of the sermon was "Give everything you have, so God can give back.", and in this case it was money. So in-between the preaching we have people throwing all the money they have on ground and then by the end the lines are open for people to start pledging money as he continue to propagate more BS. He then start asking people who are watching to give $1000, or even $10,000...and they actually do....

Is this what Christianity is? Are people this brain-washed? Sorry as it is my first time seeing something like this...go easy on me.

the ground

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
To bad they cant be arrested for fraud or something

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Versus

It's disgusting, isnt' it.

I remember long ago seeing an early morning evangelist show where they had a small girl, about 10 or 11, come on stage and throw her crutches down as the preacher told her to walk.. and she did, clumsily and awkwardly.

Made me so sick I wrote to the station, the papers, but you know? nothing was done. and these shows are still on. Defrauding the public. Playing on the gullible people with more money than brains.

Makes me ill to my stomach.

And then you get morons like peter popoff with his manna from heaven, selling bread, magic bread.. that will answer your prayers if you eat it.. or some complete bollocks.

These evil monsters are the devil of their own religion. If there is their god, he watches this and does nothing. A passive observer. "Have faith in god" for what?

It makes me ill.. these theives can swindle so many innocent, yet absolutely ignorant, people.

/rant

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What a sorry state the human race is in.
That said...give all you've got so that VoidHawk can give back to you

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Versus

Well, Obama des it and says it's wealth redistribution.

Is God a progressive?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
And their lyrics are GOD awful!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Versus

Was that the One with the thrice married Preacher wearing a $35k watch, banging His sexretary, living in a $3M mansion accepting and then cashing elderly widow's Too Lil Social Security Check/checques (for those elsewhere) ?

Or where The Church™ Inc. sold Indulgences? This, right after stealing everybody's land/estates?

Do "they" pass a hat? and to think it is ALL TAX-FREE! ain't it great?

Nope, glad | missed that One.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wealth Redistribution: Taking money from the needy to line some cats already fat wallet.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

He didn't wear anything fancy, but he did boast about making hundreds of thousands on his song reaching #2...through the guidance of God ofc.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Versus
First of all, sorry if this in the wrong forum.

...But what I watch has really disturbed me. I'm just so speechless and disgusted...

Basically, a televangelist spreading propaganda through religion for the purpose of embezzlement (redundant?). The title of the sermon was "Give everything you have, so God can give back.", and in this case it was money. So in-between the preaching we have people throwing all the money they have on ground and then by the end the lines are open for people to start pledging money as he continue to propagate more BS. He then start asking people who are watching to give $1000, or even $10,000...and they actually do....

Is this what Christianity is? Are people this brain-washed? Sorry as it is my first time seeing something like this...go easy on me.

the ground

..my girlfriend had a vision...years ago... 'judgment day of the shepherds'

.. 'shepherds' meaning ' pastors , or whomever think they Lead the souls who listen to them'

being Judged in front of the One , they proclaim to serve - God

i wont tell you the contents

but i would NOT like to stand in their shoes...... - especially not these types... *shivering*

sad wishes,
edit on 14-9-2013 by Lone12 because: txt

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Versus

It's called mental illness.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Versus

He didn't wear anything fancy, but he did boast about making hundreds of thousands on his song reaching #2...through the guidance of God ofc.

He's definitely full of it. God listens to Slayer. And Billy Joel.
edit on 14-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They are just a little less subtle than the others. Sure they all do it, whether its a pie plate quietly passed around or a big personality on a microphone, it's the same thing. Maybe a few small time/small town pastors out there are really just thinking about what little good they can do from their meagre donations, but the rest have dollar signs in their eyes.

This is why religion was created. What's ironic, is that kids think church is boring and lame, but the personalities running them all are more like gangsters or criminals... If kids knew what the real score was more of them'ed sign up for enlistment...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
He was even asking for the state of Michigan to pledge $10,000, $1000 each from ten cities so God might send us a helping hand with the Economic problem...uhh what?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Where is my "roll my eyes" emo?

For you people who believe in a "god" then this is what you get - what you deserve.

Don't ask for pity from people who live in the real world.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Versus

It's kinda unfortunate but to think that fraud doesn't happen in the name of the church is crazy. Like that's been going on for hundreds even thousands of years. Doesn't mean all churches are like that. It's pretty rare but it does happen for sure.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

spartacus699
reply to post by Versus

It's kinda unfortunate but to think that fraud doesn't happen in the name of the church is crazy. Like that's been going on for hundreds even thousands of years. Doesn't mean all churches are like that. It's pretty rare but it does happen for sure.

"It's pretty rare"......are you serious?

It happens every freaking day!

Wake the F up people!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

kimish

Versus

He's definitely full of it. God listens to Slayer. And Billy Joel.
edit on 14-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Haha one on each of his shoulders..

Slayer - "Go on, give them desires, it's good, you know you want to. On and on South of Heaven."
Billy - "la la la, di da da, La la, di di da da dum... wait, what?"

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Sure, I knew. But I just never seen this excessive amount pandering.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

"Rare" ? rare like a headache for a drunk? One could opine that the ONLY "rare" Church™ that doesn't turn a $Buck$ is One that has either paid out $Million$ on law suits OR ThePreacher™ beat feet and took the choir director with Him and His illegitimate kid from the affair he had in His 2nd marriage.

Rare... That was classic! Which 503(c) Tax-Free rac...uh....er... Church™ do You contribute?

"| ordered that steak "Rare" You know as Rare as a briquet"... hahaha

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join