It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Draws Fire From Pro-Israel Group For “Promised Land” Comments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Senator Rand Paul was talking about his Christian beliefs conflicting with fighting wars.

Seems he's in the dog house now, and being accused of 'slander'.

Oh Oh !!

He mentioned something about;

“I think some within the Christian community are such great defenders of the promised land and the chosen people that they think war is always the answer, maybe even preemptive war. And I think it’s hard to square the idea of a preemptive war and, to me, that overeagerness [to go to] war, with Christianity,” Paul told BuzzFeed in a story published Friday morning.

Well now somebody is touchy;

An official at Christians United For Israel strongly criticized Paul for the comments, accusing the senator of “slander.”

“One of the last acceptable prejudices in America is a bias against Christians of faith. Thus it hurts us to see a leader we respect — and a Christian one at that — engage in such slanders of Israel’s Christian supporters,” the CUFI source, who requested anonymity because he said he didn’t have permission to speak on the subject, told BuzzFeed. “Let’s be clear, Christians United for Israel is the largest pro-Israel organization in America and we abhor war. We have never asked Congress for any action tougher than economic sanctions because we believe that war must always be a last resort. And we support a strong Israel because we know that this is the best deterrent to war in the Middle East.”

Paul's apparent rebuttle;

A source at Christians United For Israel calls Paul’s comment to BuzzFeed “slander.”

“He simply is asking all Christians to join him in reexamining our foreign policy and in working to make war a last resort,” a Paul adviser responds.

Should he be 'forgiven' ?

Will he be 'forgiven' ?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Why should we need to forgive someone for speaking the truth?

It is an odd time we live in.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There's nothing to forgive. "Church" in America is way too sold on America's foreign policy simply because the word "Israel" is in the mix. I'm not one of these anti-Israel people who think they are behind every evil action in the world, but I think mainstream Christianity has become way too reliant on the things our govt says and does, just look at the 2012 elections. I will NEVER forget when they booed Ron for advising that we should apply the "Golden Rule" to our foreign policy. These were deeply religious conservatives in the south. He repeated the words of Jesus and they booed it, why? Because all the mainstream elitist status quo republicans like Mitt Romney wanted war with Iran. Being bloodthirsty for war at every opportunity is not very "Christian" and this thinking needs to change. Just my opinion.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He lost my respect when he betrayed his father but I hope he doesn't back down on this one.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Cuervo

He lost my respect when he betrayed his father but I hope he doesn't back down on this one.

I'm with you on that one. That's the first thought in my mind every time I see him. I think we're not the only ones thinking that he has a lot of work to do to get into our collective good graces.

But things like this tend to bring me more and more to his side....

link   

“I think some within the Christian community"

Emphasis mine

Seems they got a bit defensive over something that was not pointed at them directly. He didnt point to anybody at all, just said that "some" in the Christian community scream war as a first resort instead of a last.

No need to apologize because its the truth. Not only is it the truth, but its a very mild version of the truth, he could have been much more direct and still be telling the truth.

DC

link   

It pretty clear that no one in America can say anything that doesn't sing praises to Israel without taking heat. This is doubly true in christian circles. I used to believe that Israel was special and we had to defend them at all costs as well. Then as facts overcame fantasy and propaganda I learned better.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Ex_CT2

Cuervo

I'm with you on that one. That's the first thought in my mind every time I see him. I think we're not the only ones thinking that he has a lot of work to do to get into our collective good graces.

But things like this tend to bring me more and more to his side....

I feel the same way, however there is that little bird in the back of my mind that keeps saying "he played politics to get to where he needs to be". I hate what he did, but I have to believe it was just politics...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Now Rand Paul is setting off alarms. What is this man doing reading his bible? And why is he following his faith unlike all the other Christians in congress who are calling for war. Could Rand Paul be a secret Muslim?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

What's up with authors and their misleading titles on their articles? You'd think that Rand Paul came out and said something about the actual land itself. LOL!

Obviously, someone from Christians United for Israel took it personal since they are one of the largest group supporters and they've never advocated for a war. Lucky for Rand he didn't actually name anyone specifically.

In the meanwhile, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to mention wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as having anything to do with Israel.

Live and learn. Hopefully, Rand and Obama both are learning that they're better off if they just speak for themselves and no one else!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry to those who'd disagree, but were talking about a man the has Presidental hopes. If any public figure makes questionable comments, and in doing so displays what might be part of his agenda, has to be examined.

Sure, apologies are great. Forgiveness has to be earned.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Live and learn. Hopefully, Rand and Obama both are learning that they're better off if they just speak for themselves and no one else!

Considering my user name I hope my thoughts are in agreement. If not...we 'live and learn'.

The christian right has taken over the republican party and made it as extreme at the left. No one seems to think for themselves anymore...keep the vote base no matter what. Paul and Cruz are new blood (tho cruz is too far right for me) and can provoke some serious thinking in congress...finally.

Regardless of what you may think of Paul and his abandoning his father, he did speak to his father first. I think Ron knew he would not get the nomination and let his son off the hook in hopes of a better day. No one should blame Rand Paul for not being a clone of his father. He is, imo, a great person to bridge the gap between Rep. and Dem.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Even most real Jews admit that Israel is THE synagogue of Satan. No real Christian can support the supremacist state of Israel which is one of the biggest threats to the entire World. The Zionists created Dispensationalism in Western Churches based on silly false theology and these so called "Christians," somehow believe that Israel is God's people while their children die fighting along side heart eaters that kill rape ancient Christian cities like in Syria.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Regardless of theology or the people living in it, Israel deserves the right to be a secular state if it wants to be, just like Syria or Egypt. Unfortunately, the Muslim extremists don't see it that way.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

They should still have to answer for their war crimes which is too numerous for any one man to know them all.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder

They should still have to answer for their war crimes which is too numerous for any one man to know them all.

War crimes. Listen to you. I think war is the crime, but it is a fact of life. After the first gun shot, the first bomb drops, that is the start of killing. But I don't guess that is wrong enough for people. They want to say that during a war, crimes are being committed. I can guarantee you one thing, if any country goes to war, crimes are being committed somewhere. It is when we pick sides that we devalue a life, by trying to justify that other lives are worth more.

For me the biggest message that I received from Christ, is that peace is the only way. That you, me, nor anyone has to fight anymore. He will fight for us, but as we can all see the labels we give each other tend to bring out the worst in most.
edit on 15-9-2013 by Itismenotyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Itismenotyou

In the Jerusalem Post a few weeks ago it said that gentiles exist to serve the Jews. If you ever visit Israel you'll get to see what being treated like a second class citizen is like. Zionist supremacy ideology is destroying the whole globe. Tel Aviv's outpost aka Washington D.C. is destroying the Middle East with the help of the mainstream media. Paid for by U.S. dollars, paid for by U.S. blood. Now they and Saudi Arabia want our boys to go die in Syria and Iran fighting along side terrorists from 30 nations; Sunni death row inmates who eat hearts and threaten Europe and the United States. These are the same terrorists that Israel patches up their wounded and sends back into battle, so that civilians kids get raped and murdered because their parent's support their countries' government or because they are not the same sect of Islam as they are.

NATO and GANG should be fighting the terrorists and prosecuting the nations that are sending them instead of arming the terrorists and trying to frame Assad TWICE and failing miserably.

Where are the investigations into Mossad's planning of 911? Where are the investigations of their hit squads who operate with impunity wherever they want? Why can they declare war on a sovereign nation and just bypass the United Nations whenever it fits their agenda? Where's the support for the million Syrian refugees? Where's the food aid for Aleppo as prices goes up 500% and hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians starve ? What? It's okay because Angelina Jolie says so?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

As the World's capital of illegal organ harvesting and prostitution I think it's safe to say they are "secular."

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder
reply to post by Itismenotyou

In the Jerusalem Post a few weeks ago it said that gentiles exist to serve the Jews. If you ever visit Israel you'll get to see what being treated like a second class citizen is like. Zionist supremacy ideology is destroying the whole globe. Tel Aviv's outpost aka Washington D.C. is destroying the Middle East with the help of the mainstream media. Paid for by U.S. dollars, paid for by U.S. blood. Now they and Saudi Arabia want our boys to go die in Syria and Iran fighting along side terrorists from 30 nations; Sunni death row inmates who eat hearts and threaten Europe and the United States. These are the same terrorists that Israel patches up their wounded and sends back into battle, so that civilians kids get raped and murdered because their parent's support their countries' government or because they are not the same sect of Islam as they are.

NATO and GANG should be fighting the terrorists and prosecuting the nations that are sending them instead of arming the terrorists and trying to frame Assad TWICE and failing miserably.

Where are the investigations into Mossad's planning of 911? Where are the investigations of their hit squads who operate with impunity wherever they want? Why can they declare war on a sovereign nation and just bypass the United Nations whenever it fits their agenda? Where's the support for the million Syrian refugees? Where's the food aid for Aleppo as prices goes up 500% and hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians starve ? What? It's okay because Angelina Jolie says so?

Well like I said War is the crime. Assad admitted to having those weapons when he agreed with Russia to turn them over. Why did he have them if he didn't use them. You can talk how evil Israel is all you want, and to be honest I probably could not disagree with your argument, but Assad is not any better with his war either. That is what war is. Casualties always get in the way of the perfect war. lol. If the leaders of this world's nations would just challenge each other to a duel when they disagreed with each other, then we would not see many disagreements. What I don't understand is why are the Muslims fighting each other. A house divided cannot stand. The wisdom of Christ seems to evade so many.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join