It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dog Died Today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

I know how you feel...my dog was about your dog's age when he passed.

Hope this helps:

My Dog: The Paradox

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
awwhhh that's so sad!!! hmmmm ya that's life I guess. Well just grive for a while, it's okay and eventually you'll start to feel better. I'm thinknig one day when I'm really old if I don't have any company, (god forbid) then my back up plan so to speak is to get a dog. I love the idea, because when you're old you want some personality to love you in some way. I have a gf now to do that, so I hope nothing ever happens but I can't rule out the possibility that I might be left on my own one day, and if that happens I'm gonna go get a dog. I like the idea because at least I'd have a companion. As you simply can't live life by yourself. At some point though I just want to get the hell out of dodge. Maybe live out of a van for a while. I'm so sick of the life in my city. I need a change big time.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

So very very sorry. Nothin else to say. I don't know how I would deal with it.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Yeah it's funny how they seem to be able work themselves into your heart and it's really sad when they pass. A dogs love is unconditional that's what makes them so great. When my dog passed I attached my key ring onto her collar and looped it around my belt. I use it as a key chain and at least I felt that she might be gone but never forgotten. I have something that was hers for to remind me of her every once in a while. You might find this helpful at a time like this so that at least she/he is sort of still with you in a way.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Clair, I'm so sorry this had to happen. But the lesson I've learned and hope
will help, if even just a little. Is that no matter how much it hurts now, they
are so worth it. Very sad to read of your loss darlin. It can be real tuff.

Randy
edit on 17-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

So sorry friend. My dog and I are like 1, and I dread this kind of day as well.
Think of the great life you allowed it to have, and the plight of most other dogs on this orb.
That might make you feel better, I hope.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

It's never easy, no matter how old or sick they are.

If it was as easy to convey feeling as it is to convey words you might feel a little solace with this statement. Time makes it easier. Don't close your heart off, your next best friend may already be looking for you.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

i'm soo sorry to hear you lost a fur friend.i know exactly how you feel.we lost our dog,(he was 15),almost 2 yrs ago.,then 8mths later-we lost our 12yr old cat.i still grieve for them.just remember-you will see him again-(if you believe),in the hereafter.since we lost our babies-we have caught tiny little "orbs",around our house,(low to the floor)..on camera.i believe their little souls are where they loved best..here @ home..still

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I think it is a beautiful thing to give her food to the shelter.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So sorry for your loss. I don't post on ATS much but your story really hit me. Here's hoping you can find peace in the days ahead thinking of the good times you had with your pet.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am sorry. This is making me think about the dog I lost just last two weeks ago. Our 4 year old dog left the bedroom after we went to bed and got some chicken bones out of the trash can. I didn't know it until she was under the bed eating them. I could her crunching them under the bed. I never give them to the dog because cook chicken bones make little slivers and can shred their innards. She bled internally until she dies. I imagine like humans they done feel pain just weakness. I was able to be with her at the end and she died in my arms literally ... ok gotta go now ....

This is her picture ....
edit on 17-9-2013 by fnpmitchreturns because: add

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Pauline & I send you our condolences...Pauline want's you to know that your dog is in a place that feels like this...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

claireaudient
That's it. I got home from work, carried in a 20lb bag of dog food that I'd bought on the way home & my 17 year old son said, "You shouldn't have bought dog food". I said, "She needs food". He replied, "She died today". I was in shock, I kept asking if he was kidding, if he was serious. He & my other sons girlfriend picked her up, placed her in a large box & covered her with a blanket. I took that one out, covered her with her horse blanket, put in a can of dog food, her collar & stuffed rabbit - everything she'd need in the afterlife & set her in the garage until my boyfriend gets home tomorrow from NC. He'll then bury her for me. She was old, would have been 14 next month but that doesn't make it any easier. She moved with me from VA to MO to HI & back to VA. Very sad day for me.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Sorry to hear...losing a dog is like losing a human...maybe its even worse. My ex gf took my dog and I was so hurt I have yet to buy another one over 10 yrs later.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What was her name ?Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your family, because I believe that pets are as much of part of your family as your human relatives are.Dogs especially since their loyalty is beyond question. Gone but never forgotten.

At least you all had some time with her, some people don't get that length of time with their pet for one reason or other.

I hope that one day we can be with our pets again.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

I never give them to the dog because cook chicken bones make little slivers and can shred their innards. She bled internally until she dies. I imagine like humans they done feel pain just weakness. I was able to be with her at the end and she died in my arms literally ... ok gotta go now .

That's horrible and I am sure you still suffer from that. I had heard of this but not so directly. You just made me make sure I will never give those to my dog. So at least know your post here may save others from such tragedy, and thanks for sharing it. My heart goes out to you too.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

1loserel2

What was her name ?Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your family, because I believe that pets are as much of part of your family as your human relatives are.Dogs especially since their loyalty is beyond question. Gone but never forgotten.

At least you all had some time with her, some people don't get that length of time with their pet for one reason or other.

I hope that one day we can be with our pets again.

they said the name on the first page..dogs name was snortch

to the one who started the thread: so sorry for your loss and the poems made me cry and think of the dogs I used to have!!
edit on 18-9-2013 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

smcneil01
I've thought about what I might do if my Tater or Bella died. They are older bull terriers (like the Target dog) with arthritis. So there are days where they can run like the wind and days when they don't even want to get off the porch. So we just go with the flow of things. Please honor your pet's memory by rescuing another dog. There are so many waiting in shelters to be loved. Everyone thinks that someone will come along and adopt them all when in fact, most are euthanized. I'm sure your loving pet won't mind and would probably want you to have another friend to play with. They are very smart that way.

Very true - we were offered a beagle who was close to dying from starvation and heartworm (from being locked in a concrete outhouse with nothing to eat except snails that crept in at night). He was given less than two days to live . Staying with us, he lived for over 2.5 years. His last days were wandering around in the garden on a sunny evening, sitting down in his blanket, then passing away peacefully. If anything takes away the pain of missing him, it's having a little tribute video we can watch.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That is amazing. The Rainbow bridge is also nice. We just buried our Golden Retriever of 10 years a few weeks ago. He had Lymphoma. His name is George.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is a bit sad but when my cat dies after ten years, I put her in a small container I had and buried her in the garden. I have a border collie who will be ten in December and when the worst comes to the worst, how will I bury him with dignity as he is a big dog and I want to do it right. Bit morbid I know, but want to know the best way to do it. Any ideas would be welcome....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join