My Dog Died Today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That's it. I got home from work, carried in a 20lb bag of dog food that I'd bought on the way home & my 17 year old son said, "You shouldn't have bought dog food". I said, "She needs food". He replied, "She died today". I was in shock, I kept asking if he was kidding, if he was serious. He & my other sons girlfriend picked her up, placed her in a large box & covered her with a blanket. I took that one out, covered her with her horse blanket, put in a can of dog food, her collar & stuffed rabbit - everything she'd need in the afterlife & set her in the garage until my boyfriend gets home tomorrow from NC. He'll then bury her for me. She was old, would have been 14 next month but that doesn't make it any easier. She moved with me from VA to MO to HI & back to VA. Very sad day for me.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Aww man, so sad. What was her name? Dogs are such an interwoven grace in our lives. I hate to sound cliche', but be glad for the time you guys had with her, and may you find some strength to move through this.
Hugs

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
my heart goes out to you i lost my dog a few years ago and i still miss him around everyome says get another soon after but i never have .

when i buried my dog it was minus 20 and the ground was rock hard nearly 2/5 foot down it took hours .

get a pup from a pound and give a life it will make up for your loss

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you. Must be terrible when you found out like that. I dread the day it happens to my dog as you can see in my sig. He is ten in December but is still a pup at heart.
Deepest sympathies from me to you and your family for your loss...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you. Her name was Snortch & she'd long outlived her life expectancy & more than earned her kibble. For almost a year she kept a stalker at bay whenever he'd show up in the middle of the night - until I moved. She'd hear me pull up from work & when I'd get out of the car could see her peeking around the blinds in the dining room watching me then she'd be at the front door waiting by the time I had the key in the lock. She was the one constant.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

At some point I'll get another dog but it's going to be a while. For now I'll be content with the cat.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Thanks hun. My kids told me to return the dog food but I think I'm going to donate it to the shelter, something from her.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
OLD DOGS DO NOT DIE

We have a secret, you and I,
That no one else shall know,
For who, but I can see you lie,
Each night, in fireglow?
And who but I can reach my hand
Before we go to bed,
And feel the living warmth of you
And touch your silken head?
And only I walk woodland paths,
And see, ahead of me,
Your small form racing with the wind,
So young again, and free.
And only I can see you swim
In every brook I pass.
And, when I call, no one but I
Can see the bending grass.

Sorry for your loss.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Dang dude, that got me teary eyed, but the sentiment is well written and I shall pass that to others who suffer this loss. Thanks for posting that.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

My condolences. But I am ABSOLUTELY positive that she lived a wonderful life. losing a loved one, which includes a Pet is devastating. Do not be suprised if you feel a brush up against your leg or some weight added to the bed at night. They tend to hang around and make sure everything is O.K.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Pets are the best friends people can have. They love unconditionally which is the most precious kind. Sounds like you too were a good friend and I'm sure it was appreciated!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

My condolences. A good dog is a treasure.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thank you for the kind words. It's truly so very much appreciated. Adding to the sadness is that I wasn't here for her when she needed me most but my youngest son never left her side, even after she was gone.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

claireaudient
Thank you for the kind words. It's truly so very much appreciated. Adding to the sadness is that I wasn't here for her when she needed me most but my youngest son never left her side, even after she was gone.

She knows if you could have been there you would have been. After all she knew you better than you know yourself.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I can only imagine. Our dog died when I was 1 years old. Don't remember, but that's what my parents tell me. Since then, we've had 7 dogs. All of which either run away, or stolen? We've got two right now, beagle and husky. Both male... funny couple of dogs there.

Anyway.... maybe you just have to believe they are in a better place to ease the pain.

One time I let my hamster out of it's prison. And was playing with it on the floor. I lost it for a second. I leaned back, and.... crunch.... I get up, and the poor little hamster is shaking wildly. Will never forget that moment.... I buried him and did a little ceremony. Put a little cross above his grave. I was like 8 years old.
edit on 9-14-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

my sincerest condolences... you'll see her again though...

let your heart be at ease dear friend

edit on 14-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

reply to post by buster2010

OK. Both your posts have me weeping like a damned baby.

Quit it!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

im sorry brother... I can't even read that poem... it makes me tear up every time... its so beautiful

But its all true... I garentee it...

Animals have a soul... as does all life, and many people even see their pets long after they've past

We WILL see them again... and it will be a joyous time!

edit on 14-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. My pets mean the world to me and I can imagine your heartbreak.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join