It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shivers down my spine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have noticed through out my life that when ever I am at peace, or just at random times I get this odd chill like, I have no idea how to describe it. Maby shivers down my spine would work, anyway it starts near the top of my head in the front than, all the way in my head, to down my spinal cord, to my limbs. When I asked a family member a long time ago (she is a nurse) she said it was new nerves being created. The reason I bring this up is it almost always happens when I try to use a PSI ability. Im just looking for a none sceptic view also or to see if anyone else has this.

Heres one more question when I try to use PSI abilitys i get pressure right between my eyebrows is that normal.

Im just worried that I will get in the habbit of doing something wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well, I seem to get the seem feeling and would like to here a professionals feeling towards this..

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well, Pressure between your eyebrows hmm. From a scientific point of view that spot is you frontoal lobe. The frontal lobe contains higher reasoning centers, judgement, and morality. If one were to have a pre-frontal labotomat surgery, they essentially become a human robot. See the movie one flew Over a Cuckoo's nest to see what I mean.

From a psychic point of view this place also holds your minds eye chakra. The psychic presence of you mind. So to tie that in with presure, it would make sense you would feel something there of all places.

Shivers down your spine, the only answer I can give to that is just a physiological response or reflex action. I don't think it signifies anything too much, but I could be wrong.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I've heard that it comes from instinctual reaction when we used to have hair all over our bodies. It was a defense mechanism to flare out all the hair on our bodies in times of fear, danger or excitement.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
from a PHYCHIC point of view......shivers down your spine is a signal from your higher self saying what you are doing is right. its a YES signal. When your meditating, and wanting some information...when the shivers run down your spine the answer is YES...to whatever you were thinking at the time of the shivers.

When I am reading something on ATS...if I get the shivers I know that what I am reading is in fact true...its a YES signal, from my soul. I work in this 'FEELING the body signals' mode all the time.

When your feeling pressure between your eyes....that is your third eye opening up....giving you the ability to see farther into any situation. You may NOT physically SEE THINGS....but with your 3rd eye opened you are more likeky to get the YES signals from your body, when trying to understand the truth of 'something'.
Body signals like these are the beginnings of your phychic abilitys. Learn to TRUST them...no one knows better than your inner self, or your guides, or WHATEVER you want to call it.
While meditating...ask aloud......"are these my signals for truth?" if they come again then the answer is obviously YES.......you can then ask for your signals that mean NO.......ask "please give me my body signals that mean no" It will be a differant signal than your YES. Work with these signals so that you can tell when things are true or not.
When you feel the pressure between your eyes ask if THIS is in fact your 3rd eye opening, if you get the shivers then it IS true. Sometimes the opening of your 3rd eye is something you FEEL ...not really SEE...the word SEEING is used, as seeing inside yourself, of learning to trust in the signals of your own body.

I dont think there is ANYTHING wrong with you other than your becoming open to your own phychic abilitys. You are just becoming AWARE of how they tell you what is up in any given situation.
When dealing with ANYTHING...when I get my YES signals I know what I am thinking is true......or what I am seeing is true. Without my body signals chimeing in, I know that whatever it is, is false.
Thank the powers that guide you that you are being given this gift of knowing. This is you being IN TOUCH with your soul, and the higher powers of the universe.
It is good.
It is VERY good.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ya I get that on this site to but the reason I just wanted to make sure is because it happens occasionaly when im listing to music and let my mind kinda make a music video anime still. (mostly bad religion my favorite band) So I just wanted to make sure.

Also if it is because of that all the time their is no god/gods *just kidding*

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Same thing happens to me at seemingly random times. Mine is usually a whole body event though, and lasts for a short amount of time. I always just chalked it up as "the chills", but the odd thing is that it happens when I'm not cold at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
mine goes through my whole body to i just listed were it starts to were it reaches its peak

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
My grandmother used to get a 'chill' or 'shiver' like that, quite often, ...she would always say, " Some one just walked across my grave!". All kidding aside, she did seem to have a bit of psi ability, she could hear spirits, see ghosts and she had prophetic dreams. I never connected the two before.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Their might be a connection between the two considering how many people here experence it. Will just have to wait and see how many people post here. Or everyone on this board has a weird illness.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
from a PHYCHIC point of view......shivers down your spine is a signal from your higher self saying what you are doing is right. its a YES signal.

...My experience and understanding too.

FYI - a cool bit of scientific trivia - researchers now think the brain is NOT just that organ in the head, but the whole network of nerves and signals that dance through the entire body. ...And the brain is not just a thing, but an active process.

I do think that is seriously cool - and it helps explain why psi efforts/experience are a whole body thing...

??? comments?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
That would explane a lot of things. Like how come your whole phyical body feels weird right before an oobe (I havent made it all the way yet)

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
yeah i seem to get that too randomly with certain people or things never really took it as anything much just odd.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Cultivate it so you can experience it at will

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by elemtalsage
I have noticed through out my life that when ever I am at peace, or just at random times I get this odd chill like, I have no idea how to describe it.

Hence the expression, "Shiver Me Timbers!"

top topics

join