It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What Happens When Bigotry and Intolerance Is Promoted Nationaly.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Because it occurs in nature does not inherently make it more normal than other psychological or physical birth defects.

And I doubt you have such conviction against someone with six fingers and toes...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Compassion and good parenting is also natural. We as a society determine what in natrue is benificial to us. Sometimes we make mistakes. Luckily progress is always made and the flaws are inevitibly corrected.

I hope those who share your beleifs realize that they make their own bed with words like yours, because someday the disgusting delusions of religion will recieve its blowback. live long enough to get what you deserve from those you oppress.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Helious
Tough topic to discuss. Russian society isn't chock full of liberals to promote the openly gay agenda and what is happening is the 99% are reacting to the 1%. As bad as it is perceived and actually is as regarding a humanitarian standpoint it honestly is nothing more than human nature running it's course in absence of government involvement.

Those currently adopting gay culture and making it their own here in America are not doing so out of tolerance or the evolution of the human mind, they are doing it for political and public spectacles to raise their influence and political clout through numbers. Our culture is not ready to embrace the gay agenda as it is being sold.

Gay unions, those benefits that apply under state and federal law and fair treatment under the unofficial social contract are all things I agree with but it becomes a classic case of give an inch and take a mile. It would seem now the gay community isn't ok with savoring victories for any measure of time and must insist continually on ramping up propaganda and intensity on the very morals of what our society is.

Name your line in the sand...... Adoption, Boy Scouts....... At some point, the sexulization of children and insisting on labeling them to further an agenda is disgusting, sick and immoral and perhaps the Russians would not like to have this type of argument at this time within their country.

I most certainly do not advocate for violence nor the persecution of any subtype of people but I also must convey my opinion on how out of control the gay agenda has progressed here in America. Faced with what has happened here, others may adopt rules similar to Russias thus making the progress perceived in the United States null in the rest of the world in large part because of the habitual line steppers on the front lines of said agenda.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

No, no no no no. You as a person in the country who is granted privileges and freedoms in this country that the rest of us aren't do not get to sit there and talk about where we should and shouldn't stop when we're trying to fight for the rights we should be afforded as humans in the first place, I can't even believe the level of privilege it takes to say something like that.

Don't even get me ****ing started on "At some point, the sexulization of children and insisting on labeling them to further an agenda is disgusting".

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Helious

sheepslayer247
reply to post by dlbott

Thank you, how ignorant to say nature intended for there to be guys. Now that is a crock. Gays and lesbians are a mistake of nature.

I would say that is just as ignorant to claim to know what nature intended and to call your fellow human beings a mistake because of what they choose to do sexually.

Each and every one of us have different things that appeal to us sexually. There are some crazy things heterosexuals do to each other for satisfaction that I would consider much more unnatural than a homosexual relationship.

Side note: I believe the sort of mindset you have displayed is a bit dangerous and can breed hate towards our gay brothers and sisters.

Hate to intrude into this conversation because it's not mine but.......... Lets not go ahead and confuse nature with human emotions because it doesn't add up. Homosexuality does in fact, conflict with nature. Because it occurs in nature does not inherently make it more normal than other psychological or physical birth defects.

Humans are different because we have morality. I view your mindset as a bit dangerous because you fail to use science, forward thinking or common sense and continue to perpetuate ridiculous arguments that evidence does not support. Your guilty in my opinion of wanting a bunch of emotional ass slappers to rush in and prove that your moral stance on the subject is sound because of unwavering support for the emotional morality of your post when at the end of the day, it's DOA on any other merit.

Jesus wept. If homosexuality exists in over 1500 other species on this planet and humans seem to be the only ones who can't wrap their minds around the concept, who do you think qualifies as the smarter ones on the higher plane of thinking? What kind of BS moral obligation to humans have to renounce homosexuality as wrong and ****ed up?

And you seem to be pretty stuck on the belief that homosexuality as a "practice" is detrimental to the survival of the human race. There's a reason why heterosexuality and homosexuality exists alongside one another (along with the plethora of other sexualities).

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Ya know whats just as disgusting? All those people who'll go looking for that vid to watch it!

Nephalim
ya know whats even more disgusting, the people who watch the people who go looking for that vid to watch them watch it! Then act like they're better than somebody.

I assume your sarcasm is aimed at me.
I stick by what I said. My comment was not aimed at Tenth as he quite rightly didn't post the vid, it was aimed at those who WANTED to witness such horror! Why anyone would want to view that is beyond me. If you think that makes me a bad person thats ok, no skin of my nose.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

While Putin is busy telling Obama he should not attack Syria and playing 'peace maker' perhaps he should pay a little more close attention to what his own political party and people are encouraging among each other.

Are you trying to say this does not happen in the US or western world in general what rock do you live under to be so naive. All this talk of excepting homos never usually catches on except in the chattering liberal elite of all western nations. While in the meantime in lower class or conservative neighbourhoods freak, gays misfits, get beaten and bullied thats just the way mob mentality works pick on any who are different this not a Russian problem.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Helious

If the STATE provides benefits between men and women because of marriage it must also do so with same sex unions because the state does not have the authority to pass moral judgement.

That's right, the state doesn't have the authority to pass moral judgement... but the PEOPLE do! That's how democracy works remember. Like it or not, you only make up 4% of the population. So you might want to get your numbers up before you go making demands. Oh and good luck with that one, I understand reproduction between gay folks can be quite complicated.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

WaterBottle
reply to post by Helious

Because it occurs in nature does not inherently make it more normal than other psychological or physical birth defects.

And I doubt you have such conviction against someone with six fingers and toes...

Nonsense, my conviction comes from a very realistic viewpoint. If people were having parades, adopting children and infiltrating every moral outfit of our nation that had had six fingers and six toes and then tried to convince them it's completely normal and they should have six fingers and six toes too when they are 8 and then trying to portray that as normal, you never know what I would do.....

I swear, the arguments I get to any opposition of the gay agenda are only worthy of BIT. Do you really have an argument or is it all just based on your tiny ideology of what you feel is appropriate within your insignificant bubble of morality?

All I hear is.... Waaah, it's love and acceptance, that's the way of the world, thats why everyone wants to bomb everyone else, that's why we drone strike kids, how dare you not suspend all reasonable conclusions about the gay agenda and just accept peace and harmony, the rest of humanity is doing it....

Grow up.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

I'm totally fine with Russia as a nation not openly embracing homosexuality. Each country IS different, and we should respect that countries virtues and culture. But gays should still be able to live their lives without feeling like they're being hunted down and threatened with beatings and rape. (Like you said, I'm just reiterating it.)

And that's where my problem with Russia is. All I'd like to see happen is that people with different sexual practices can live in peace.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Tenth, I appreciate you posting this thread, this is an issue that we all must address at one point or another. With that said and despite my posts thus far, at times a person must recuse themselves for the better of the community and at this point I feel the future of this thread would be better without my involvement.

That being the case, I am going to bow out but would be happy to continue any of my posts through PMs.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I REPLY TO TO ALL

First off If this were a foreign language video about men in black or aliens, or paranormal footage we are talking about. First thing that would be posted would say something to the effect of "can we get that video translated", or,"do you have any other sources", or "its swamp gas"

But since this goes into the "Gay rights" hot topic Not ONE person asks for verification or translation. But U all start arguing because you think its true.

Stay on the quest for knowledge, and not be divided by hearsay..............

edit on 14-9-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society. –aristotle

I remember hearing about this some time ago. It's unfortunate but it's old news. It has nothing to do with Putin (who had rejected so called "anti-gay" legislation in the past).

Kinda curios though: why are gays and those who support them so worried about what other people think? So what if someone disagrees with your lifestyle? Why is it the job of society to make you feel comfortable with yourself?

Really, I couldn't care less about who puts what in whom. But, honestly, is it imperative to your survival that I embrace every aspect of your being?
edit on 14-9-2013 by skoalman88 because: Bc I can

edit on 14-9-2013 by skoalman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLiesOfEden

No, no no no no. You as a person in the country who is granted privileges and freedoms in this country that the rest of us aren't do not get to sit there and talk about where we should and shouldn't stop when we're trying to fight for the rights we should be afforded as humans in the first place, I can't even believe the level of privilege it takes to say something like that. Don't even get me ****ing started on "At some point, the sexulization of children and insisting on labeling them to further an agenda is disgusting".

I have no problem with homosexuals. My wife has a few friends who are, and I get along well with them. They also volunteer a lot and participate in the community. That's important in my book. I don't understand what you mean when you say "I can't even believe the level of privilege it takes to say something like that". what level would that be? what's the qualifier? Please explain, and I'm not trying to be snarky here, I really mean it, what does that mean?

I read Helious's posts, I don't see where he states that everyone should not have the same fundamental rights. In fact, he said he would fight to the death to ensure everyone gets the same rights and privileges (many people don't know the difference. driving a car is a privilege, owning a firearm is a right).

If the STATE provides benefits between men and women because of marriage it must also do so with same sex unions because the state does not have the authority to pass moral judgement. I would fight to my death for the right of homosexuals to be granted the same rights as others under marriage and any state benefit program. No exceptions. The state must treat all people equally. Justice is blind. The rest of society however, is up to debate.

If you read the posts dispassionately, you would see he is saying that society has a right to reject the influence of subcultures within it that are perceived by that society to be potentially subversive to it.

His arguments on the morality of it all are subjective and are open to refutation and opposing opinion, but they aren't inherently wrong. Morality can't be wrong, it can only be more or less moral. And even then, it's totally subjective to the entirety of the scenario.

Since absolute morality, as mandated by religion or other structures of belief, is by logical argument less "moral" than relative morality. A morality that is questioned, debated, and tested to the ground is inherently more ethical than an arbitrary command. But that's a subject for a different thread.

Many of the posts on this thread are emotional outbursts rather than rational debate with well thought out conflicting arguments that dismantle the post they're targeting.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A pretty terrible incident, to say the least. The worse is that you will probably have the people saying that those laws shouldn't be repealed because it would go against the "will of the people". You know, the same people who were encouraged to hate homosexuals thanks to those laws in the first place.

Bone75

tothetenthpower

If the state allows and actively promotes hatred versus a group of people, then people in return will act hateful towards that group.

The same thing happens when 4% of the population plasters their lifestyle all over the televisions of the 96% who are repulsed by it.
Faulty statistics aside, how are gays plastering their lifestyle all over TV? People make claims that gays are shoving their lifestyle down people's throats all of the time, but I have yet to see a claim that isn't false or overexaggerated.

suz62

I disagree. It is clear what nature intended by virtue of the design of the sexual organs. Procreation only occurs with a man and a woman. For whatever reason, gays don't follow the programming.
edit on 9/14/2013 by suz62 because: spelling

edit on 9/14/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)
Reality says otherwise:

www.livescience.com...

Sure, you may have an opinion that homosexuality isn't natural, but I have facts that say otherwise.

edit on 14-9-2013 by technical difficulties because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

suz62
Some people are outraged by the failure of other humans to act as nature intended. That kind of attitude can't be changed or controlled. The best we can hope for is punishment of the resulting behavior.

Not sure what point you are trying to make, but the existence of homosexuality is pretty much proof that it's what nature intended. Sex serves purposes beyond simply mating; forming a bond is one of them. Take human civilization during ancient Rome and Greece, where it was common for men to have sex with eachother, as well as with women. Society just gets off on suppressing that which comes natural to us.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wow this thread went to hell in a hand basket in record time. A thread on intolerance becomes the prime example of intolerance. People's word being taken out of context, twisted into something they quite obviously never said!

Let's put this in context please. Did I see anyone say homosexuals should live in fear for their lives? No, I never saw that anywhere, from anyone on this thread. Words like rights and privileges are being thrown about with accusations etc.

Let me add more context to this discussion. I am a lesbian. Someone asked if they needed to embrace every aspect of my being. No, you certainly do not as long as you do not wish to harm me and I do not get the feeling you wish to harm me. Someone else mentioned 'the gay agenda'. I have no agenda. I haven't met anyone in the gay community with the agenda you speak of. Somehow things have gotten totally misrepresented on every front. Gays somehow believe the 'right' to marry will magically transform the world. Getting married to get the 'same rights' is a real problem because what rights are we talking about that married folks have? I can only think of a few 'rights' I would want. If my partner is in the hospital, I want the right to be considered family. Automatically inheriting property in the event of death of a partner is another. Other than that, marriage is of no benefit to me. You've heard of the marriage penalty tax? You married folks can keep that benefit, thank you very much.

So you see, I haven't seen anyone here say anything that convinces me they want to hurt me even if don't agree with my life. I haven't seen anything to convince me anyone here wants to harm me physically. I haven't seen anything to convince me anyone here would prevent me from seeing a my partner in the hospital. Everyone here needs to take a step back and actually look at what is being said and realize that telling people they are ignorant is just as intolerant as the accusation of being intolerant.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Helious

Cuervo

suz62

Cuervo

suz62
Some people are outraged by the failure of other humans to act as nature intended.

Nature did intend for a certain percentage of the population to be gay. Nature did not intend on humanity using their violence to dispense social "justice" towards others.

Social prejudice is not natural. Gay folks are.

I disagree. It is clear what nature intended by virtue of the design of the sexual organs. Procreation only occurs with a man and a woman. For whatever reason, gays don't follow the programming.
edit on 9/14/2013 by suz62 because: spelling

edit on 9/14/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

Procreation is not always favorable for the survival of a species. There are 1,500 species that exhibit homosexual behavior in nature. I'm pretty convinced that the ratio of gay to straight people fluctuates according to need. Just like certain species will change genders if there is a demand for it.

Our collective biological human subconscious is much smarter than you give it credit for.

You can debate the nature of social interactions within the human and animal world and how species interact with each other but please don't try to insinuate that nature intended a gay world. It's ludicrous and comes off as patently desperate.

if you'll excuse for butting in,
perhaps I might bring some "Insanity" to your tet-a-tet with cuervo

what cuervo is saying is that homosexuality is one of nature's ways to keep a species from reproducing beyond the capacity of the environment to sustain it, as opposed to allowing the population to exceed the carrying capacity of its environment followed by severe die-back, or allowing the population to undergo repeated oscillating cycles of exponential growth and catastrophic crashes.

not a gay world

now of course the dynamics vis-a-vis humans and their responses is entirely another matter, as you've pointed out.

especially when it comes to the particularly human tendency to seek to subvert natural processes in their favor,

such as in the use of artificial insemination by those nature did not intend to reproduce.
be they homo- or hetero-

kicking against the pricks and all that [no pun intended ]
but that's all linked to what makes us human, isn't it?

completely in agreement with you regarding the agenda aspect of lbgt
as human beings they're certainly entitled to the same rights as any other human:
no more, no less.

demanding special treatment is claiming privilege

and demanding special education for children has the unfortunate but undeniable effect of putting the foot in the doorway for pedophiles.

[IMO people should be allowed to discover their sexuality themselves

as for the russian aspect
what most arguing against russia and putin fail to either accept or perhaps understand, is the concept of social hygiene, especially in terms of foreign intrusion. especially in russia what with all the recent NGO "hijinks"

and lgbt is doing itself no favors at all with its promotional strategy there:

- the p@ssy riot debacle
- the "gay journo, invited to speak about Manning, instead throws a hissy fit and proceeds to excoriate his hosts, russian journalism, putin and russia in general" fiasco.
-[I've decided to leave this out and post it separately ]
I find this focus on russian "discrimination" against lbgt people ...

biased

considering all the lgbt people being set on fire or stoned to death in so many other places...

but feel free to disregard my words, as I Am quite "Insane".

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

suz62
reply to post by Cuervo

Why am I being attacked? I am not anti-gay. I've merely pointed out what nature clearly intended.

Considering the prevalence of homosexual events occuring in other species of animals, how can you be so certain what 'nature intended'?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Russia is building up the Eastern Orthodox Church and keeping little kids from being indoctrinated with homosexual depravity at a young age despite Zionist attempts to infiltrate their country with homosexuality.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

People need to wake up and realize Zionists created the whole gay movement in the WEST through the media etc... These are people who know that sexual depravity and decrease in a countries morals lead to the judgement and ultimate destruction of a nation. Just look at Sodom and ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join