It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO Official: Fukushima is Out of Control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder
reply to post by FyreByrd

3 Months after the disaster scientists used air filters in Seattle to conclude the average person in that city was breathing in 10 hot particles a day. Imagine how many "hot," particles we are breathing and eating now. Now radiation has been coming at North America for over 850 days.

Can you post your source? I'd be interested to read more.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Yes it is a credable source.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

very bad condition but see other countries like Italy

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by suz62

I was wrong! The story i read in 2011 said more particles than that. this one says 5. oh well here is the article just google:

fukushima hot particles seattle

you'll see stuff written in 2011

Also I'm noticing drug companies selling brand new thyroid drugs on TV now. Thyroid problems in babies and kids is EXPLODING and millions of adult Americans are losing control of this extremely crucial function. I recommend Dulse seaweed from off the coast of Maine because it's a good Iodine delivery food. Supposedly Iodine deficiency is also a major cause of ADHD in children.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by amurphy245

are you kidding?

the minute that earth quake occurred Fukushima 's destiny was set. No government would have been able to contain what just occurred.

I'm glad that Tepco are finally saying its FUBAR.. maybe asking for international help will improve the situation... but... I get the feeling that every scientific research arm has probably been trying to come up with a feasible plan, but we're just too.... scientifically feeble to really be able to deal with this issue.

We need to do something drastic, our oceans are important!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

And the way this has been handled so far makes me think,that would be their equivalent of dollar-store duct tape.Honestly it's beginning to look like this catastrophe is being nurtured on purpose,being given a chance to do maximum damage for as long as possible.
That's not even the conspiracy theorist in me,that is just a person who sees an ongoing catastrophe-and a surreal level of "nurturing" the situation by authorities,the Japanese government,by seemingly being unwilling or unable to appreciate the gravity of the consequences of the disaster-i wonder again,Where is the Japanese imperial family in all this?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Hi Dianec,that is where I respectfully differ-i think it's always best to have the full picture,no matter how grim.To be given every accurate ounce of info re any situation.It may be depressing,definitely,but I would rather be depressed about the truth,than not have the truth,however grim.May even wake some people up. I sincerely do understand what you mean-life can be very hard,a daily battle for many,myself+my family included-and yes,no one wants yet More bad/worrying news-but it's still better to know,imo.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The very reason you hear nothing about it here in the West is because how bad it is, also you have a proud nation like the Japanese unwilling to admit they need international help especially US help.

What I can't believe is the arrogance of building such building in the ultra close proximity of the sea, didin't anyone in Japan, one of the largest area's for strong earthquakes not think "hey maybe we think its earthquake proof but lets make it in land just in case".

Nope, they thought Japan, smallish island, best keep it away from people.

Great, the world gets to deal with their arrogance in an eco changing way let alone the physical effects it will have on any one who gets 'hotted up'.

Sod the Olympics Japan, put the money in to sealing off these bloody reactors for good.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I may be wrong here but this whole disaster can be attributed to the fact that the backup generators failed causing a meltdown,the design of the plant and its placement could have prevented the disaster from happening in the first place,a small price to pay looking back now.

Having the backup generators underground right next to the ocean was total idiocy and should have been foreseen as a problem,clearly tepco weren't taking nuclear power safety seriously that's why they closed the rest of the nuclear plants to make them safe.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

It was a whole Combination of Accidents, Human Errors and wrong Design,
there was not "a single Reason"!

The flooded Back-Up Generator was not a Problem because it was only
a "Back-Up" more important was that the whole Energy Grid collapsed
when the Quake killed one of the huge and powerful Overland Line!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Japan do not have any Rivers that support
(the Cooling of ) a Nuclear Power Plant!

Another Point:
From Hiroshima to Fukushima: The political background to the nuclear disaster in Japan

These are the questions we want to pursue. Eisenhower’s change of course The propagation of nuclear technology in Japan was a direct consequence of the US military’s endeavours to wield influence over the country’s development immediately after the Second World War.

Shortly after the end of the war, the US began to transform Japan into a bulwark against the Soviet Union. This policy was intensified following the taking of power by Stalinist regimes in China and Korea. Having lost the monopoly on nuclear weapons, it became necessary for the US to make Japan receptive to nuclear power.

On April 20, the Japanese Mainichi Shimbun newspaper wrote: “During the eighth General Assembly of the United Nations in December 1954, former US President Eisenhower held a speech, entitled “Atoms for Peace”.

His strategy was to assign relevant technologies to other countries in order to integrate them into the US power bloc, thereby securing hegemony in the Cold War against the Soviet Union.

That Japan, the only country to have suffered the full force of nuclear weapons, would agree to embrace nuclear technology was of enormous strategic importance“.

The CIA agent, “Podam” The same newspaper article quoted Tetsuo Arima, media researcher and professor of social science at the University of Waseda, concerning the Japanese pro-nuclear politician and media magnate, Matsutaro Shoriki: “After the world war, the CIA worked closely with Mr. Shoriki to advance the campaign for nuclear energy in Japan.

It did so because this man had not only the necessary connections to politics and economics, but also the power to mobilise his newspaper and television empire”. During years of research in the United States National Archives and Records Administration, Arima discovered 474 pages of CIA files, documenting in detail the progress of the introduction of nuclear technology to Japan.

From one of these, he quotes the following: “Relations with Podam have now progressed to the stage where outright cooperation can be initiated”. “Podam” was the code name for the member of parliament and CIA asset, Matsutaro Shoriki, who would later become president of the atomic energy authority he founded, as well as minister for science and technology. Shoriki is today regarded as father of Japan’s nuclear power.

Read it and understand that the USA is responsible for all this bad things:
edit on 15-9-2013 by Human0815 because: format

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I did mention the design of the plant and its placement ,but the weakest link seemed to have been the backup generators ,if they hasn't failed the plant would not have gone into meltdown.

Not sure why your getting so agitated over my suggestion that this MAN MADE disaster could have been prevented with some forethought.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I am not "agitated"!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Your exclamation points make it seem otherwise but i understand now that English is probably not your native language.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Read and understand USA cause all bad things, all other all good, only USA bad..... really, extreme lame much, bummer about your lineage. No one forced Tepco or anyone to build this outdated design in the worst possible place. GE and several subcontractors (japanese) could have done a lot of things correctly, they did not. There is a huge seperation from a nuclear bomb and an out of control core, the bomb is designed for mass destruction with long term after effects. An uncontrolled core will burn off any surrounding water (cooling) and then concentrate hydrogen to the level of a hydrogen explosion, mean and nasty, but not near the level of a bomb. This screw-up is very well on the minds of the upper levels of governments, their energy experts keep them informed by more info than you and I will ever have acess to, therefore they know the score, and it is not peachy. This disaster is a mid to long term game changer(if nothing else happens to hurry it along) TPTB know this and keep you distracted and hoping the masses will not panic before their reactionary plans are implemented. Make no mistake you USA haters, as fashionable and trendy as it is to hate us, our worthless leaders got us to the cliff, and before long we will be paying the price earlier in this game than most, and as innovation and technology is foremost, Bet you the USA ends up doing the major majority of the cleanup, but as said before the earth is forever changed.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
One thing people are forgetting is that caesium 137 is water soluble. So aquifers are getting tainted by this, but we also have massive unknown amounts of contaminated ocean water swirling around out there. With that said, we're forgetting about rain fallout. No one cares to listen because MSM and Government ignore it and say everything is just fine. Hate to break the news to you, but this has already dropped on your doorstep in the form of radioactive rain. Not to mention the food you eat. The death from this will be slow at first you see, because it works it's way up the food chain just like DDT. This is a silent killer.

Caesium 137 Wiki

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
With regard to Chernobyl my understanding is that Caesium 137 was one of the major components released into the atmosphere. When the explosion occurred governments reacted by banning foods like sheep which grazed on grass for fear that the contamination was in the food chain.

However after a few years the restrictions were relaxed when it was found that the levels were not a threat.

In fact some farmers etc are complaining that the measures taken were far too over reaction.

As far as I know nobody died from the incident ..... except for plant workers very close to the core and those who were sent in to contain it.

The government of Belarus along with Russia did not evacuate the zone around the plant till 10 years after it happened. They then moved people out of their homes and into city blocks. However a lot of the people did not want to live in a concrete block and have since moved back into what is known as the dead zone.

The dead zone is not that dead though. Because people were moved away, wildlife in the area thrived, and is still thriving to this day. This has caused many to question whether there actually is a danger from this kind of fallout.

Its a subject I have an interest in due to being involved with charitable groups who claim to be saving children from the affected area. I discovered though that the people who live there are not that affected after all and I have met people who have been living there for 30 years and are absolutely fine.

There was an increase in the reported cases of Thyroid complaints but this has been put down to the fact that people were getting checked for it after the event and not before.

I've been meaning to start a thread on the subject for some time.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

imod02
reply to post by FyreByrd

It seems so strange that the world news does not seem very interested in this. Can any one explane why this is ?

Do a search on who OWNS the news networks and you will have your answer. They are corporations, some with connections to the nuclear industry. They don't want Joe six pack to realize how truly dangerous nuclear power is.

Here is a pretty good video giving some information on the situation.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I find this hilarious, what's the news? many have warned about this years before it happened, they have warned about the disaster after it happened and nobody listened. so what's the news here?

this disaster is not japan's only, it's for the entire planet. so for those who ignored official reports that warn about the disaster and its consequences should really stay calm, after all, those who warned were only conspiracy theorists crazies.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder
Thyroid problems in babies and kids is EXPLODING and millions of adult Americans are losing control of this extremely crucial function.

Hello. Could you substantiate that claim please?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join