It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO Official: Fukushima is Out of Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
www.commondreams.org...

Subtitle:

Statement contradicts assurances of Japanese PM, comes as fresh steam is spotted billowing from reactor

"I’m sorry, but we consider the situation is not under control."

Those were the words of Kazuhiko Yama#a, executive-level fellow for Fukushima plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Company when he was pressed by the opposition Democratic Party of Japan.

His statements directly contradict the claims of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe, who assured the International Olympic Committee meeting in Buenos Aires Saturday that the situation is under control.

I wanted to share this latest incompetence from TEPCO and the Japanese Government.

The comments after the article articulate many people's frustration with the lack of world response to this catastrophe.

This is what the G20 summit should have been discussing - not the Transpacific Trade Partnership and a EU financial treaty and Syria.

Is it denial - psychological denial. On the part of Japan, I do think so. But the rest of the worlds leaders?

It's insanity like this that makes me wonder if David Icke is on to something. At a certain level of, shall we say, power, people turn into monsters. It seems to be universal today.

And just what is the agenda of these monsters? A rational human being would realize that there is no wealth, power or life without the health, work and good-will of billions of others.

An alien - I've no idea what their motivations could be - other then total destruction of human life and the radical change of the climate of the Earth. That's crazy talk. But FACTS about situations like fukushima drive me to insanity.

I've just recently rewatched the entire Stargate SG-1 series and was particularly effected by the Ori storyline. A race of energy beings that derive their existance and powers from the worship of 'lower' beings and seek to destroy any that don't worship them. So much truth in that. In fact the whole series revolves around the concept of 'false gods'.

Who can say what is going on..... Best to just keep moving forward and remain aware, not judge and do the best I can.....
edit on 14-9-2013 by FyreByrd because: forgot linke

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Is there a link you could share please ?

eta ... you beat me to it ..... cheers
edit on 14-9-2013 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

It seems so strange that the world news does not seem very interested in this. Can any one explane why this is ?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's held together with plastic tape .... whats the problem

and thats me that wasn't gonna use the crappy smilies on here

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

imod02

It seems so strange that the world news does not seem very interested in this. Can any one explane why this is ?

Fear, football, fornication, frivolity and fabrication...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

good one

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I`ve always believed that this is much much worse than what we have been told.I believe that the ground water and the aquifer are contaminated.
people 100 miles away are probably drinking irradiated water and they don`t even know it.

It seems like the rest of the world isn`t worried about this because it isn`t affecting them, yet.
When it does start affecting them it will be too late to worry about it because there won`t be anything anyone can do then to fix this mess then.

This is going to keep getting worse because they have no idea how to fix it, they aren`t even trying to.
They are just trying to contain it and they are failing at that.

TEPCO has poured thousands of tons of water to cool the melted reactors, yet has no sustainable plan for storing it once contaminated. The temporary tanks where the radioactive water is currently being held are springing leaks, releasing the water into the groundwater, and by extension, the sea. TEPCO says it has resorted to patching tank leaks with plastic tape.

edit on 14-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Perhaps the whole damn thing is so big we cant understand it, or perhapes it from the land that makes such good cars so we cant believe it. It just seems noone really cares to tell the truth about it.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

BBobb

imod02

Fear, football, fornication, frivolity and fabrication...

Dont forget the new iPhone!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
this is one of those things thats so bad that people dont want to know anything more about it. Ive posted stuff about fukushima on facebook probably at least five or six times....ive never gotten a single comment. People are maxed out with bad news and they just dont want any more. Thing is this kind of bad news is bad for everyone. But really....what can anyone do about it? Lets just say we got the whole world to agree on how bad it was....then what? You would have to get some sort of mass movement going putting pressure on governments to contain the catastrophe....and we can all see how interested the worlds governments are in this thing.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by imod02

the coming olympic games..

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

imod02

Sad indeed.

Maybe its because it isn't affecting people on a daily level? Maybe humanity is a selfish lot, who in the long run, only cares about their own selfish interests?

If the greatest minds in this World can put someone on the moon, or send ships out of our solar system, I would expect those great minds to come together and put all their energy into a fix for this. So far, its not happening.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

And Chernobyl had the same billowing effects of its nuclear reactor prior to it going down in history as one of the greatest nuclear disasters of all time. The Chernobyl exclusion zone is a 19 mile radius of the facility, but it was inland, Fukishima rests aside the ocean. Chernobyl will be uninhabitable for 20,000 years and it was encased in a cement sarcophagus almost immediately. Your OP was is spot on and I agree this is not a local challenge, but a global one. How far the world sleezers plan to let this go before something gives is the big question because even a fool knows at this point time has run out.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Please read about the environmental impacts of Chernobyl and the toxification of their aqua-firs and ground waters. You are right.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I COULDNT believe my eyes when I read that! Me... a red neck who has every color duct tape! Plastic tape on Nuclear spill= band aid on gangrene.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Russia today does regularly give updates on the disaster ,not sure why western media keeps quite about it but I can't say I trust western media anyway,perhaps it's because if people knew this was an ongoing disaster it could cause protests to shut down our nuclear plants or maybe the media bosses think its better to keep the population dumbed down with celebrity gossip.most people you ask think this is old news and everything is ok.

Unfortunately their is no good ending here ,it will take decades to shut the plant completely ,another tsunami or big earthquake will likely strike again in that time.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

imod02

Begin reply:

I can only say for myself I am very interested in it but also take the "small" reassurances people give about this and use that as a way to cope with what its potential is. For example, some posters said it would sink to the bottom of the ocean and stay there a very long time - not ideal but also not a global killer. It's out of my control and the idea it will spread cancer, kill off food supplies (fish, get into rain and contaminate soil), or worse is depressing and only makes me feel hopeless.

At this time we are at the mercy of those who are trained to deal with it. I know of a few marines who are currently being trained on nuclear matters. They're being sent to Japan in the next couple of months. I am assuming it is not to actually do work on the rods, but rather confirms what I have heard thus far - they are to begin removing rods 11/1/13.

I think they are trying, and there aren't many choices for how to approach this so they are inbetween a rock and a hard place. They aren't going to let it keep spill into the pacific so that's good news. I do think people care and are trying but I also think they don't want to spread panic so aren't making it a high profile thing. I only know I'm ready to hear it's all secure, no longer getting into our ecosystem, and now it's time to clean up/minimize the damage done. That's all we can hope for unless we have a better solution ourselves.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by amurphy245

chernobyl was different... one big blow and quick action of the goverment to seal it off besides its not connected close to the sea
fukujima is an cronical disaster tepco did barely nothing to control it couse of costs ... now the japanese gov take it over its far to late
besides the political issues all that Russia does is bad ..wat the civilicised world does is good...fukujima was US tech? so do'nt worry about it...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
TEPCO is just admitted to have lied is all. Anyone with a bit of sense knew it was out of control on day 2. TEPCO isn't so uninformed on nuclear science to not know what the situation was then.

In older times of Japanese culture, all these TEPCO higher ups would have killed them selves out of shame by this point.
edit on 9/14/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/14/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Is this a credible news source?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join