It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What moves you to tears?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I can be moved to tears thinking about the last moments on earth of my two fine dogs.
Like right now.
Something about that unconditional love.

also this

this vocal, or bagpipe version

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Along the same lines of The Show Must Go On is the video for These Are the Days of Our Lives by Queen..

Death has already started to take Freddie from us and you can see it here on the faces of the man and on his brothers in the band..Even still, at the edge of life, he has more charisma and presence then any modern performer..

"The accompanying video was the last to feature frontman Freddie Mercury as he was in the final stages of his battle with AIDS. The majority of the footage used in the video was filmed by Rudi Dolezal and Hannes Rossacher of DoRo Productions on 30 May 1991.

For the promotional video, Mercury, Taylor and John Deacon were present at the shoot, with additional footage of guitarist Brian May filmed some weeks later and edited into the footage, as he was out of the country on a radio promotional tour at the time of the principal film shoot. The video was shot in black and white to hide the full extent of Mercury's faltering condition from AIDS, following rumours about his health had been at the centre of much media and public speculation for over a year, following on from its use in the video for "I'm Going Slightly Mad" earlier in 1991.

Colour footage of the band filming the video later emerged, showing just how frail Mercury really looked, and justifying the band's decision to film in black and white out of respect for him. In this music video, Mercury is wearing a waistcoat with pictures of cats that was made for him by a close friend, and which he loved. With his knowing farewell look straight at the camera, Mercury whispers "I still love you" as the song ends, which are his last words on camera"

edit on 18-9-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This movie got to me. Good flick.

edit on 18-9-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

AlliumIslelilyI cry at everything.

I had years of suppressed emotion (to the point of near sociopathy). When I recovered from that, I was "raw and bubbly inside" for two years. I cried at the drop of a hat! (It was actually a movie that finally was the last straw of breaking through my suppression -- Peggy Sue Got Married, of all movies!)

Now I cry over "moving" things, but only media, which I think is my way of dealing with not crying enough in my life. I think some part of me finds it more acceptable, less being-a-baby, to cry about something on the screen or in a book than to cry about what I'm feeling about something. When I feel sad, some mean inner part of me snaps, "Get over it!" But it seems reasonable to cry over a movie.

I don't cry over sad movies, unless it's more an underlying tragic-sad moving. Like the end of crouching tiger, hidden dragon really gets me. I remember when I was about 18, crying over a TV movie "The Thornbirds" (I had read the book) until I literally couldn't breathe. But since I cry over 'moving' things, it can even be really stupid stuff, like I recall crying over some commercial where people held hands LOL. I cry more easily over things related to animals and children, maybe everybody does. My mom died when I was 9, so I tend to lose it every time I watch a movie where some child's mother dies, but that's probably understandable. The most recent thing I cried over was yesterday, I read this offbeat Kindle book about a child who dies and, bizarrely, ends up a ghost residing in a young man, and the story about the young man and the child's mother.

Thanks for that beautiful music. I subscribed to that guy's channel. That music will be really great for archetype meditations, stuff that gives you that great "emotional overview" feeling -- like you're in a movie standing on a mountain overlooking the wide world and the wind is blowing and making you think about the meaning of life kind of feeling. Until now the original Narnia soundtrack (minus the White Witch track) has been my favorite for the inner-world work, and some of tunes from the guy at lowercasenoises.com.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join