It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What moves you to tears?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I used to play this song on repeat crying to myself when my cat went missing. If I hear it when I'm trying to function, like in work, I have to turn it off.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
These do it to me EVERY time.

edit on 14-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ugh. So many things.

But to be specific, pages 310 - 313 from "The Fault In Our Stars."
Well, most of the book does, actually. Teenagers dealing with cancer.
For those who have not read it, I don't want to spoil it, and the writing is brilliant.
Just have a box of tissues or two ready.

And this. I just spent 15 minutes sobbing, so...Enjoy the ending of "Autism, The Musical!"

I know kids very much like this, and the boy Neal is a lot like my son. The rest of the movie is great too, and pulls no punches, glosses over nothing, and gives a wonderful portrait of several families lives.

So. I'm mushed.

peace,
AB

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A number of things make the tears swell up in me. Old stories like Where The Red Fern Grows and Old Yellar were the first things I recall crying about out of the blue. All those videos of returning soldiers and their children and pet's reactions...wow sob! Moments in movies for sure, too many to list, but one that comes to mind was during Dances With Wolves. The scene where the guys were just killing buffalo for the fun of it and shot the wolf...boohoo. I get teary eyed when I witness poetry in motion, something so beautiful such as slow motion footage of race horses, ballerinas, athletes and artists who are masters of their craft. Music draws out the tears sometimes and also human triumphs and coming together in the face of adversity and tragedy. War and it's destructiveness brings tears of sadness. Truth of epic proportions has made me watery eyed. Tears come from so many different emotions and my Granny says some folks just feel deeper than others, and have a strong sense of empathy, able to feel what others are experiencing at some level.
There ya have it....

Peace,
spec

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I wasnt able to find a clip on youtube due to copyright issues, but i wanted to share this anyways.

Anyone who watches Doctor Who will remember the episode "Vincent and the Doctor".

*SPOILER ALERT*

The scene at the end when The Doctor takes Van Gogh to present time and shows him all of his own paintings and has the museum guy do his little rant on how awesome Van Gogh is.

I teared up a bit at this scene, the reaction from Van Gogh was priceless. To give someone who died as a failure the opportunity to see how much he came to be loved and valued the world over is an amazing gift.

I dont tear up to movies or TV shows too often, but this one got me good.

DC

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You know when the local news chan runs a segment where they have a returning soldier dad surprise his kids. Kills me every time. Got teary writing this just thinking about the last one I saw

Ps
The wife asked me what was wrong. Had to tell her I had one of those strenuous yawns.
edit on 14-9-2013 by BlastedCaddy because: Tissues

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

When a woman I like here sends me a PM saying, "You're Not Doing It Right: Tales of Marriage, Sex, Death, and Other Humiliations [Michael Ian Black] on Amazon.com.

Hey...what's up with that!!

I've been nice to her for so long... and she drops my flowers over the rail...

at .55 seconds of video she asked me if I took the 700 classes to improve education...I said, "no, but I brought you these"...

I give up ...

edit on 14-9-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This movie every time

Day of the dolphin..

Jump to about 3 mins (oh god it did it again
)

Primates in distress..gets me everytime.
Koko when allball died

Oh and the elephant man..me and my Ma watch this when it is on telly and both say to each other "not this time" but we both boo.
Heck I love a good cry.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Anything reflecting animal sentience.

Tears of joy I reckon
edit on 14-9-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This youtube vid does it to me everytime I watch.My tear's are two-fold....sadness and overhwhelming emotion and respect because of the sheer tenacity shown by these children which can be seen on childrens cancer ward's everywhere!
This vid was made by children in the US but it united lot's of childhood cancer patient's here in the UK and gave them inspiration and a voice......

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by InkontinentiaBouquet

AWE I love that song.

I just got all teary. It's been a while since I heard it. Great song.

My friend use to play it on the piano and taught me the beginning piano sequence. I can't play it now but back then I could. It was the only think besides chop sticks and a small part of Fur Elise I could play.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I cry.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This always gets me:

And as terribly corny and slightly embarrassing as it is, the end of Cool Runnings, the story of the Jamaican bobsled team, made me cry when I first saw it.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My Darlin's sister, who lives in the U.S. and has been out of the 'system' for 15 years, has several medical issues. She could not afford to go to the doctor, and Medicare insisted that she have a doctor's referral in order to re-emerge into the system. We paid thousands for her to get treatment. Just found out tonight that she is going to get a complete physical, along with testing and lab work, free to her, based upon the reports of previous physicians. That made me cry to find our that out efforts FINally resulted in her being embraced by the system. I was a sobbing manball just a little while ago. So it goes.
edit on 14/9/13 by argentus because: spellin'

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Very, very little. At least, when it relates to events that do not effect my life and friends & family. This event brought me to tears:

Tragic story of dictatorial abuse(my own words)

"While in Mrs. Durden's class, Aaron came home with bruises on his back and hands, making it clear that he was not being properly secured in his chair. Further, and without parental or medical consent, Mrs. Durden took it upon herself to twist and then constrain Aaron's neck in a makeshift neck brace apparently because she did not like the way Aaron was forced to twist his neck in order to breathe. While a student in Mrs. Durden's class, Aaron was repeatedly rushed to the hospital from school as a result of the abuse."

The poor kid. There are multiple sources for this...outrage. Seeing this powerless to resist young man forced to suffer due to the arrogance of his "caretakers" had tears streaming down my face. No one listened to his parents pleas. No one listened when they were told Aarons breathing could be obstructed. I myself have been powerless to respond to misguided authority(not cops BTW just want to get that out there). Although my experiences were no where near severe as this situation I understand the frustration and desperation that it brings. Hopelessness. Helplessness.

In the case of this family they lost their son. A young man with his whole life ahead of him. Every time I see his picture I am moved.

I am not going to go into a discussion about the actions of the people involved here. That is not the topic. I just wanted to share this story because it has left a deep impression on me since the day I read it.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

xdeadcowx
I wasnt able to find a clip on youtube due to copyright issues, but i wanted to share this anyways.

Anyone who watches Doctor Who will remember the episode "Vincent and the Doctor".

*SPOILER ALERT*

The scene at the end when The Doctor takes Van Gogh to present time and shows him all of his own paintings and has the museum guy do his little rant on how awesome Van Gogh is.

I teared up a bit at this scene, the reaction from Van Gogh was priceless. To give someone who died as a failure the opportunity to see how much he came to be loved and valued the world over is an amazing gift.

I dont tear up to movies or TV shows too often, but this one got me good.

DC

What makes me cry? Funny you brought up Vincent Van Gogh (the video below is about him and brings me to tears). I have always had a soft spot for the misunderstood...the person who never fits in, who society deems as an outcast. The child sitting on the bench at P.E. because no one wants him on the team...the child who is bullied or mocked because their parents are poor and don't have a certain kind of clothes. The person who pours their heart and soul into something, yet gets no recognition. The stray cat, stray dog, or child no one wants, who gets cast aside like trash. The innocent newborn screaming in agony because his mother loved drugs more than him, and now he is born addicted and his first moments of life are spent going through horrible withdrawls instead of cooing happily in loving arms. This is what makes me cry. These 2 songs sum it up....I cry like a baby every time I hear them.....

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Solitude is my all time favorite song. In all the times I've listened to it it hasn't made me cry till now because it seems to be blending in with everything that's been posted so far. I love it so much because of all my music this song makes me relax and helps me sleep the most.

I really love it when Ozzy draws out the words. So haunting.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

The Time I finally got brave enough to climb to the top of this giant slide. I was 12. When I got to the top and turned around to look and then I fell from the top of the slide, landing and braking my arm, pushing the bones right through the meat.

Yeh, That brought tears to my eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join