It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What moves you to tears?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ok we're going to get mushy for this one guys. Feel free to not share if you're uncomfortable with this.
Tears are outlets for emotional buildups. What moves you? Anything with family, especially kids for me:

If you've seen the movie, who hasn't, that's a grandfather's love for his GS. That moves me. I saw Mrs. Doubtfire last weekend and when his ex lets him have access to his kids at the end of the movie, that's another.

Being from a military family there are things that move me that probably wouldn't others. An example:

Well, that's kinda family oriented too. And:

Sometimes just a sound(voice). I HATE this movie but this woman's voice is amazing:

Well that's me, yes I cry. What about you?

ETA: A kick in the nuts doesn't count.

edit on 14-9-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hey, we've all got to cry.

This song usually gets me there about halfway through..:

Also, the ending of Wilson Rawls, "Where the Red Fern Grows". I'm a big dog lover.

Respects,

-AA

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The picture of a little girl's headless body (attributed to Syrian rebels atrocities) brought tears to my eyes.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Good question... S&F

Though im not one for the mushy stuff... I will tell you a thought that brings me to tears of joy...

So much so that I had to make a thread about it...

Our Dearest friends Live on... Believe it!

edit on 14-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Despite the risk of looking like a big baby, this recent video got me tearing up this morning.

While the little girl was inspiring, it was the emotion of her mom that got the waterworks flowing. Must be the Daddy in me.

edit on 9/14/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yesterday I got my 5 year old grandson off the school bus, he was so teeny tiny with his backpack on. He was wearing a Superman tee shirt, jeans and sneakers and holy cow he was so stinkin cute!!

Yeah that did it for me, right then and there my eyes filled with tears.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Dammit! I should know better than to click on threads like this.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sappy historical romances by Jude Deveaux and Judith McNaught always gets me.

The mystical poetry of Rumi moves me to tears.

Sappy movies too. Savannah Smiles, My Girl, and ET off the top of my head.

I'm a romantic.

CdT

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Klassified

It's OK. Not everyone wants to go "there".

Seems like family is highly motivating. My Grandfather only cried once in my experience and I was with him when he died in 2001. He cried when I graduated. THAT moved me too. Loved my GF.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Oh boy, I guess it is usually music but, I did a radio show for almost a decade and have listened to so much it is almost impossible to pick just one.

This one is a guaranteed tear jerker though.

Mill o' Tifty's Annie Lyrics

edit on 14-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The thing that makes my eyes tear is an act of sacrifice, suicidal kindness and/or courage, in fiction and/or movies.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Klassified

Good, it's not just me.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yesterday I got my 5 year old grandson off the school bus, he was so teeny tiny with his backpack on. He was wearing a Superman tee shirt, jeans and sneakers and holy cow he was so stinkin cute!!

Yeah that did it for me, right then and there my eyes filled with tears.
reply to post by Octave

Reading your post made the back of my eyes sting with tears...I just got back from vacation and I bought my 5yr. old grand daughter a school back pack and yes it was almost as big as she is...she was so proud of her new back pack as she put it on and modeled it for me...Then I looked at my son (he is in the USAF) and the look on his face as he stood there and watched the scene unfold...those priceless precious moments...I cry when I feel so Blessed with my Family...

edit on 9/14/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Could be my hormones from having a baby but every episode of "Grey's Anatomy."

I started watching it about a month ago and I'm on Season 9 now and half way through. I can't think of ONE episode that didn't make me get all teary. I mean there should be a warning label at the beginning of this show that states you must have tissues near by. lol I never got emotional with a tv show, well some episodes of Buffy and Angel but not every episode! I'm gonna blame hormones lol

Oh I also dislike the human society commercials with sad look animals and sappy music playing in the back ground.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My mother, when I was younger, had this song on her 'favourite songs' VHS tape.

She used to watch it a lot, and so did I.

When she died, in 2006, this song held so much more meaning. I knew then, that as a son, I didn't get to know my mother as much as I could have, and to this day, it breaks my heart.

My father is still with me, and I hope that I get to know him, as much as I can, so that I don't have the same type of regrets.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2013 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Yes that's a song with deep meaning. Helped my father and I a lot. That was a chasm overcome.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

When my daughter was 6, my hubby and I took her to see Monster's INC. A cartoon. There is a part in the movie where Sully can no longer see Boo (the little girl). I looked at my husband and he was sobbing uncontrollably in the theater. I asked him why he was crying, and he said "Kasey (our daughter) is my boo, and I never want to be in a place where I cannot see her". Kasey took his hand and patted it for the rest of the movie.

The love that those two share moves me to tears regularly. She is now 18, but still calls him "daddy" and still has him wrapped around her finger.

edit on 14-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

By the way, ever since that day, his nickname for her has been "BOO". Can I get an AWWWWWW????
edit on 14-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That made me cry. (AND I AM NOT A CRYER!)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join