It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Storm Humberto going towards Europe ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Usually when these storms start to form off the coast of africa they go west
and hit the mexican gulf but this one looks a little lost.

And the wind are now at 120kph.

RSEO EDIS

Dont know if its anything to worry about yet tho but still looks odd.

edit on 14/9/2013 by skuly because: i cant spell

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Thanks for sharing, I heard we are expecting torrential rain and gale force winds this weekend in the UK. My only question for now is what are the bio-hazard signs on the map representing?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by smugmushroom

Definitely worth watching...we do sometimes get the tail ends of hurricanes here when they scoot up the US east coast and cross the Atlantic. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

i guess more rain in wales

not much of a change for us then

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

skuly
Usually when these storms start to form off the coast of africa they go west
and hit the mexican gulf but this one looks a little lost.

It's in no way unheard of for them to form that far out & stay, as they're called, "fish storms". It's also not unheard of for the system to track to the UK, or other areas of western Europe. What the end strength is when it gets there is the question.

Image source: Tropical Cyclone Climatology
edit on 9/14/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Humberto sounds kind of Spanish. So the some Spanish Tasmanian Devil is possibly going to attack England? I watched too many cartoons when I was a kid. I think this is kind of a rare pattern to turn that low down. Too bad the one that wiped out the east coast didn't go that way.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
In Spain we do need some rain, so its welcome here.. just for a short time tho.. ( I hope)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thanks skully, im in the southwest (Devon) worth keeping an eye on S&F

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Many hurricanes curve to Europe, that is why here December is windiest month, all those hurricanes. Well, they turn into subtropical storms when they reach here, and then turn into normal storms. Remember Hurricane Katia in 2011 which caused blackouts as far as St. Petersburg, Russia.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

smugmushroom
reply to post by skuly

Thanks for sharing, I heard we are expecting torrential rain and gale force winds this weekend in the UK. My only question for now is what are the bio-hazard signs on the map representing?

Not onlybthe biohazard signs in the UK... What is a birdsign in Italy?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Quick update time.

Humberto been reclassified as a tropical storm with winds now at 65kph
and gusts at 85kph.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Well it's missed the West Country, and Ireland, so I guess Scotland is next. Nothing on the Met Office site yet, but it's worth watching. Thanks for the update.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I go to YouTube daily for this guy's weather info.... SuspiciousObservor. An ATS'er turned me onto him quite a bit ago and again... I watch him daily because he gives Solar weather, possible quakes ect. And he is not a fear monger!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dumbass

www.bbc.co.uk...

The only thing I could find that might be the epidemic risk in Wales is Legionella found in the water system in a new school in Cardiff. I don't think anyone is infected. Had me worried there, i've been off for the last two days from work with sickness and my life flashed before my eyes lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The remnants of ex-Humberto are expected to be in Mid Atlantic on Saturday, but high pressure over Europe will keep it well at bay and it'll just merge with an Atlantic depression and head NW past Iceland towards Spitzbergen. No impact on Britain or Europe.

top topics

join