It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Finally Understand Why Abortion Can't Be Discussed Logically.

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spirited75

a fertilized egg has half of the chromosomes of the father and half of the mother, and is therefore a new "being" unique and not existing previously.

This is a huge leap of logic, and nothing more than an opinion. There is no "new being", there is potential and "becoming". The idea that there is something intrinsically sacred in a zygote, that qualifies it as a "person" isn't based in science, it's a spiritual viewpoint.

A zygote isn't suddenly alive, or more alive than the ova. There is no single definitive moment when a human being comes into existence in biological terms, once you understand the chemistry and biology.

www.diffen.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
People, people, life begins at conception, watch/listen to this explanation beginning about 1:35.
Besides, the faith, biology shows this to be true. The video is about five minutes long. Take the time.

www.catholic.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

colbe
People, people, life begins at conception, watch/listen to this explanation beginning about 1:35.
Besides, the faith, biology shows this to be true. The video is about five minutes long. Take the time.

www.catholic.com...

Bam! How powerful an answer by Trent Horn and brief, right to the point. Love this video...and your next question or denial?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The Church is a spiritual entity. A tired apologetic and emotional argument from the Catholic Church is proof that this idea that "life begins at conception" is a spiritual, not biological, argument.

You are welcome to your opinion and your spiritual beliefs. You are not welcome to force those beliefs on others and to attempt to legally limit the reproductive rights of others, ie., the use of contraception, because of them.

edit on 18-12-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I would like to point out to christians that the Bible says very clearly when life begins. In Genesis it says "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul." My interpretation, life begins with the first breath of air.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by colbe

The Church is a spiritual entity. A tired apologetic and emotional argument from the Catholic Church is proof that this idea that "life begins at conception" is a spiritual, not biological, argument.

You are welcome to your opinion and your spiritual beliefs. You are not welcome to force those beliefs on others and to attempt to legally limit the reproductive rights of others, ie., the use of contraception, because of them.

windword,

This is a discussion, no one is forcing anyone.

LOL, not really, so sad, just because you disagree. Everyone, please take a moment and listen to, watch Trent Horn in the brief video I posted . Biology and the faith proclaims life begins at conception, even horrid Planned Parenthood agrees.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by colbe

windword,

This is a discussion, no one is forcing anyone. LOL, not really, so sad, just because you disagree.

Everyone, please take a moment and listen to, watch Trent Horn in the brief video I posted. Five minutes long and the question comes about a minute into the video, Biology AND the faith proclaims life begins at conception, even horrid Planned Parenthood agrees.

The caller to Catholic Answers could only say..."wow, strong answer."

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

windword,

People need to wake up and realize that the pro-life community is working HARD to ban contraception! The pro-life community is relentlessly attacking and chipping away at women's reproductive rights every day, in every state. It's very clear, Colbe, your agenda is one of oppression.

The Catholic Church HAS forced its opinion on millions, if not billions, of women, forcing them to give birth to unwanted children wither by religious coersion or political coersion, on a global scale. It continues to force it's manipulative fingers into hospitals, health care plans and places of employment, here is the USA.

Anticapitalist Meetup: “Separate but Equal” Shuts Down Women’s Health Care

They're Coming For Your Birth Control!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by colbe

windword,

People need to wake up and realize that the pro-life community is working HARD to ban contraception! The pro-life community is relentlessly attacking and chipping away at women's reproductive rights every day, in every state. It's very clear, Colbe, your agenda is one of oppression.

The Catholic Church HAS forced its opinion on millions, if not billions, of women, forcing them to give birth to unwanted children wither by religious coersion or political coersion, on a global scale. It continues to force it's manipulative fingers into hospitals, health care plans and places of employment, here is the USA.

Anticapitalist Meetup: “Separate but Equal” Shuts Down Women’s Health Care

They're Coming For Your Birth Control!

There you go with the childish "forced" again. Faith is a choice, we all have free will. God wants you, all the world to become Roman Catholic. He is working on you right now.

God decides life not us ever windword. He is the creator. Where are the rights of the child and who
gave you the right to choose who comes to life and who doesn't? Aren't you happy your own mother
did not follow you comments above. Contraception is not of God either! If you notice in the news,
because of technology and prayer, people are waking up to the evil of abortion and contraception.
Many abortion clinics are being closed.

Have you watched the three to four minutes of Trent Horn's response in that video? It is amazing, I am
bookmarking this video!

You are so adamant. ??? I do not know why. Just pray, repent, God already knows if you are involved
in anyway. Confession and prayer for the life your soul dear sister.

love,

colbe

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I dont agree with abortion, but banning it would do nobody any favours, not the unborn unwanted chidlren, or the mothers forced to have children they dont want or cant afford.
The most urgent thing is for more research on male contraception.this would stop the fertilisation of the egg, and would an acceptable form of contraception for even the most hard core Pro Life groups who oppose most current forms of contraceptives.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

WilsonWilson
I dont agree with abortion, but banning it would do nobody any favours, not the unborn unwanted chidlren, or the mothers forced to have children they dont want or cant afford.
The most urgent thing is for more research on male contraception.this would stop the fertilisation of the egg, and would an acceptable form of contraception for even the most hard core Pro Life groups who oppose most current forms of contraceptives.

WilsonWilson,

I like, I like your avatar name, seriously.

Whoever heard of a mother who had a baby NOT wanting that child? I suppose in these end times there
are some, a few socio-paths, the exception. Children are a gift, God provides, the excuse of economics doesn't fly.

Now for fifty plus years the evil fruit, the acceptance of contraception brought about the legalization of
abortion! Insane. One of the reasons contraception is an intrinsic evil. It causes an abortion of an newly
conceived child with a body and soul. Ie: the Pill.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Can you say this five times windyword/

I winword am wrong about a zygote becoming a human being?
I winword am wrong about a zygote becoming a human being

after fertilization, all, entirely ALL activity of a zygote human being is to choose life and growth and actualization of development. EVERY decision and EVERY choice is to choose LIFE. Then a mom thwarts that life seeking chooser and kills her/him dead.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Obviously i'm talking about the normal pro life people, not the crazy religious ones. they wont be happy until women are back in their houses under lock and key.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Colby, in the end times it says in the good book that "Parents will loose the natural affection for their children"

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Thanks, i loved the show my name came from!

i disagree, there are plenty of mothers who dont want the babies they find themselves pregnant with, i dont think that makes them a sociopath, that a very harsh view. is that what we call all the men that walk away from these pregnant mothers sociopaths?
I said in my post that pro life groups should do more to futher the research of Male contraception that would PREVENT fertilisation of the egg, and so remove any abortion element to the use of it.
God unfortunately does not provide, or we wouldnt have so many young children starving to death all over the world, so yes economics do come into it.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

MOMof3

I would like to point out to christians that the Bible says very clearly when life begins. In Genesis it says "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul." My interpretation, life begins with the first breath of air.

Perhaps you should also point out to "Christians" that Jesus said life already exists before incarnation

Try readin John 3

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

WilsonWilson
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Obviously i'm talking about the normal pro life people, not the crazy religious ones. they wont be happy until women are back in their houses under lock and key.

What an old cliche, come up with something new. I do not know any faith filled pro-aborts.

Would you do me a favor and watch the video I posted, starting at 1:35? It might convert you.

love,

colbe

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Convert me to what?
I have already said that i dont agree with abortion?
Or do you mean convert me to some form of religion?
I have my own faith thanks.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

spirited75
reply to post by colbe

Colby, in the end times it says in the good book that "Parents will loose the natural affection for their children"

Really....there is this great quote...related.... from God the Father, so comforting...I'll find it.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I just dont undertsand why more Pro Life groups are not putting support into and fundraising for more research in to forms of Contraceptives that prevent fertilisation of the egg.
Surely this is the ultimate goal? Or is the pro life spiel cover for something else?

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join