It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy, Random Facts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

I AM NOT falling for it!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There is enough fuel in a jumbo jet, to drive an average car around the world 4 times.

Wealthy chinese families usually hires a stripper for funerals.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

If the first day of the month is a Sunday there will always be a Friday the 13th in that month

I know its a pretty useless fact but I thought i'd share it all the same

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

k21968
The amount of force used to bite into a carrot is the same amount of force to bite your pinkie off.

Now that's some food for thought!

Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled ’ Gentlemen Only..Ladies Forbidden’..and thus the word GOLF entered into the English Language.

I n the 1400’s a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have “the rule of thumb”

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
In 1915, the lock millionaire Cecil Chubb bought his wife Stonehenge. She didn’t like it, so in 1918 he gave it to the nation.

Well that sure puts my efforts of a bunch of roses and a happy meal into perspective...

Women

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Might as well contribute. lol

Soylent Green is people

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

That is what this thread is for. Interesting facts only we could appreciate! LOVE IT!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Octave

k21968
The amount of force used to bite into a carrot is the same amount of force to bite your pinkie off.

Now that's some food for thought!

Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled ’ Gentlemen Only..Ladies Forbidden’..and thus the word GOLF entered into the English Language.

I n the 1400’s a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have “the rule of thumb”

[/quote

Who knew??? Love it!!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Some more random facts:

Bubble gum is pink, because at the time it was invented, pink was the only dye colour available.

Giraffes have the highest blood pressure of any animal.

Poinsettia petals are actually leaves.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
-giraffes cant eat off the floor or their head will explode from the blood pressure.

-cats are lactose intollerant.

-elvis presley had blond hair.

-bananas are radioactive.

-there was a fatwah against emoticons.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Finland has a couple of interesting obsolete units of measurement like

Peninkulma The distance a barking dog can be heard in still air

and

Poronkusema – (approximately 7.5 km). the distance a reindeer can travel before needing to stop to urinate. Today used to describe something that is at a very obscure distance away.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Octave

Just dont ever say that to the newly hired female worker in the butcher factory

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Interesting. Although I do have to disagree with at least one of these statements. Maybe more than one are incorrect, but I cannot see any besides the fact that the porpoise is not the second most intelligent creature on the planet. In reality the second most intelligent animal on our planet is the sasquatch. And I really am being dead serious. Many will likely disbelieve, but there are thousands of people who not only know sasquatch to be a real animal, but who also know that the intelligence possessed by these creatures is astounding. They are not as intelligent as a man in most respects, but they are definitely smarter than dolphins. I fully expect these animals to be proven authentic within the near future, as I believe their population is expanding.

And due to their propensity to spread out from one another, at least what data is available suggests this, and coupled with the fact that the best spots, the furthest away from human habitations, are already occupied, the modern generations are pushing nearer to cities and towns. When I say they have a propensity to spread out from one another, I am referring to the spreading of non-related or non-associated groups. Data suggests they tend to group themselves based on genealogy, or family groups, and although they do move around frequently I personally believe they spend more time in one location as opposed to the others they temporarily occupy. This doesn't mean they do not associate with other sasquatch, as they do, but non-related males tend to avoid one another in the wild, at least this is how I interpret the data available. Most data we have to analyze is in the form of eyewitness testimony, the majority of which is credible, although those who know nothing of the subject might not realize this.

It is true that sasquatch sightings often induce fear in the witness, and we know that fear can cause the witness to misinterpret what they are seeing, however I have found that witnesses in such a situation will often misinterpret minute details, but they rarely get the major details wrong. And in such a case the major details involve knowing that what one is seeing is NOT a bear. The idea that witnesses are seeing bears is so preposterous that I cannot believe there are individuals who still use this argument. I wish the public was more educated on the subject, and when science finally gets off their butts and analyzes the available evidence, and attempts to gather more, a whole lot of people are going to owe the entire community a huge apology.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Well, you go and prove the sasquatch's existance and I will change my fact!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
apparently the green coke thing is a false rumor because coke was originally in a green bottle.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Some numbers are illegal (in the U.S. anyway) to know about.

en.wikipedia.org...

Do not read the following number, it's illegal to possess. Ready? k·256^2 + 2083. CRIMINAL!
edit on 14-9-2013 by Samtzurr because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2013 by Samtzurr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Humans are so good at killing each other that we have invented a weapon that fires 1 million rounds per minute......just for kicks, but that was like 7 or 8 years ago.

Crazy right!
edit on 14/9/13 by Strewth because:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

thebtheb
apparently the green coke thing is a false rumor because coke was originally in a green bottle.

www.coca-cola.co.uk...

I didn't know this until you mentioned it. Here's the official story from Coca Cola if anyone has doubts

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

k21968

In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.

urban myth

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

sstark

k21968

In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.

urban myth

Urban myth?

Or tasty midnight snack?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join