It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand responds to Boris Johnsons Syria humour.

page: 1

join
share:
JAK

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
For those who have found Russell of interest recently here's his latest.

At the GQ awards Boris Johnson reportedly made some humorous comments about Syria

Russell Brand and the GQ awards: 'It's amazing how absurd it seems'

Me, Matt and Noel conclude it's probably best to treat the whole event as a bit of a laugh and, as if to confirm this as the correct attitude, Boris Johnson – a man perpetually in pajamas regardless of what he's wearing – bounds to the stage to accept the award for "best politician". Yes, we agree, this is definitely a joke.

Boris, it seems, is taking it in this spirit, joshing beneath his ever-redeeming barnet that Labour's opposition to military action in Syria is a fey stance that he, as GQ politician of the year, would never be guilty of.

Matt is momentarily focused. "He's making light of gassed Syrian children," he says. We watch, slightly aghast, then return to goading Noel.

Before long John Bishop is on stage giving me a lovely introduction so I get up as Noel hurls down a few gauntlets, daring me to "do my worst".

Well, he gave it a good go:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

I'm liking Russel more and more each time I see and hear him.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
who cares what russel brand thinks, he's a comedian. it's easy to say what people want to hear when you have no responsibilities.
nobody in the uk wants to hear him now, marrying a popstar didnt work, now he's having a go at being a political activist.
why cant people like him fade into obscurity gracefully?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

I know plenty of people who like him...Comedians can say what we are all thinking, never a truer word said in jest.
Good on him I loled at the Hugo Boss comment, I bet the guys at hugo Boss didn't

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Despite his attitude Boris who should do Hugo Boss proud always chooses to wear his jimjams instead.

By the way how is that poor cat of yours?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Recovered and eating mice by the bucket load
cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

why cant people like him fade into obscurity gracefully?

There's not that much money in obscurity.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Its good to finally see what all the fuss was about.
Im a big fan of Russell, he isnt scared to tell it how it is.
No doubt it will burn his bridges in the "industry" but he does it anyway.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I HATED Russell Brand just a few years ago... Till he opened his heart and spoke through it.

Long live this Brand!!!

Thanks for saying what we would all like to.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about Mr Brand.

On one hand I support anyone that wants to tear a strip off of Boris Johnson, on the other he seems to be making an ideological point about not supporting a company with such a questionable pastbut he has been photographed wearing hugo boss clothes himself. So it seems his ideals are only in place if he can make a joke about them

I have also heard him go on an awful lot about transcendental Buddhist type ideals in a bid to sound intellectual but at the same time spend the vast majority of his life seeking out pure physical mindless pleasure.

I'm left to conclude that really he is just another self serving preening celebrity that uses a mask of being a "right on" moral liberal to cover the fact that he's actually a bit of a shallow, self aggrandizing fool.

Just my opinion of course

top topics

join