Left revokes President Obama's liberal card

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Well, among the things you mentioned that you aren't comfortable leaving to the grownups is smoking and parking.

You also seem to be questioning the fact that in order for any ordinance to be enforced, violence must be employed. I use the term in the broad sense because, ultimately, coercion of some sort is necessary to compel a citizen to submit to any requirement.

[edit] I detect a contrarian tone to this exchange so maybe we should start a separate thread for this as it is an inevitably endless circular semantic argument that appears to be developing and I don't want to hijack the thread.
edit on 14-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Start one if you like, lemme know. I'll reply to your last points there.

ETA: Actually I'll reply here. I'm not questioning the fact that violence is used, I simply expanded on what you were saying.

I'm 100% anti-authoritarian however for non-authoritarianism to work it means not treading on others. It doesn't mean getting to do whatever you feel like when and how you feel like. I don't need to be told to not smoke around others, it's a harmful choice that I make and I shouldn't impose my choice on others. In an anarchist society the offender would be ostracized, but we don't live in an anarchist society, unfortunately.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I actually have one up already that is entirely appropriate.

Who are the real anarchists?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Okay, I'll move over there, I did however decide to reply above.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Im center right- so that would make a lot of sense as to why I disagree with him on most things.
(edit-that is of course if he is really center left. Hes in the same political arena of authoritarian rule as John Mccain-only opposite politics.) - thats why I also pulled my mcCain vote card a long time ago. They were both scum.) *Hint* you can still walk away.

He(Obama)is still a liberal.

He walks-talks-and lies- Like a liberal.

edit on 17-9-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join