It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between Us and the True God

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

backcase
Little can be assumed when it comes to spiritual things. Spiritual things and ideas are not stagnant so what is once understood can easily change.

The truth is known only to God and those united to God by grace.

The Truth is something that NEVER changes, that is what makes it "true", the definition of "Truth"... | don't know where You got "New Age" out of that hence, the quick "what once was 'old' is new again'..

|'d originally typed a bit 'bout how You 'judge' while typing about judging.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

"The Truth is something that NEVER changes, that is what makes it "true", the definition of "Truth"... | don't know where You got "New Age" out of that hence, the quick "what once was 'old' is new again'.. "

I never said that the truth changes, man, man changes the truth by putting it into perspective. I meant to say that we experience spiritual things and then we conceptualize them, and we personalize them, and before you know it we get very far from them.

"Only God KNOWS the Truth huh? Look up "Tao" see how that relates."

I said 'only God and those united to God by grace'. There can be no truth without God. Do not be offended though, I mean no harm, and I am over opinionated when it comes to silly human things.

Oh, and I read the "Tao", it's okay, many spiritual books just say the same things over and over again. Important spiritual elements can be found in almost every religion. I am talking about the direct relationship of the soul and the source.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

It is our God, the one God, and God has committed no crime.

All I'm saying is it is not right to judge above when we know very little about what is below. If we are not able to rightly judge the order below, then we are certainly not available to judge what is above.

That's a weak excuse. If your god is real and currently active, then there is no possible way for you to exonerate him - ever. I will not allow you to, nor will any self-respecting human being of Planet Earth allow you to. Jesus should have died for him instead, and saved us the trouble of dealing with an egomaniac unwilling to hold up his own rules. If he wants my forgiveness, the solution is simple: give me my soul back, and allow me to walk away and live my life as I please. If, by the time I die, I have hurt more people than I have helped, then let my soul expire. If not, then let my soul go where it wants to.

That's my deal. Period. No negotiation. It's a perfectly reasonable demand.
edit on 14-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Would You think it odd if Hafiz said
"|'m in Love with every Church,
and with every Temple,
and with every Synagogue, and with every kind of Shrine..
For it is there that | hear ALL the different names of the One God.

Hafiz of course is the great Sufi... Boy there is yet another entrance to what You 'believe' is Heaven...

| hope that You will pass "believe", "think", "feel" and come upon "KNOW" as it really is beautiful...

namaste

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If it is not too personal a question to ask, what makes you think you lost your soul?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If it is not too personal a question to ask, what makes you think you lost your soul?

I don't. Did you miss the conditional phrase? "If your god is alive and currently active..." And at this point in time, that is not the case. Not the case. So yeah, if there's such a thing as a soul, I definitely have it. No god has it. Me. If a god has it, then I am my own god. That's the way it is going to stay until I decide otherwise. Because no one else has the right to make that decision for me. No one. Not even your precious god. And if he is real and alive, I will tell him I said so next time I see him. Not that I'll be holding my breath in anticipation of the honor.

edit on 14-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

backcase
reply to post by boymonkey74

I get what you mean. My thread was not written to show me thinking my God is right though, this thread is about the relationship of each soul and God.I do not blame you for being skeptical and even mocking, but just contemplate that although we cannot understand or fully 'know' God, we can reach out to God the the dark clouds with love, the natural inclination of the soul.

The natural inclination of the soul is to get back to its creator (whatever that is) and its not your physical parents as just vehicles for providing you a materal "form" (hugs all around for the unintended confusion occuring next). Have you found God or the nature of it? Are you looking outside yourself for this revelation? If so you are sunk; as it exists wholy within your psyche and the knowlege to find/found the next cornerstone/crossroad is a big fat NOOO because it 'dont come easy'. You have to work at it, and what human has the patience to do that; as to even begin it all belief systems (EGO) must be thrown away.
edit on 14-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

backcase
“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

NO! Jesus never said that. He said, "Eli, Eli (Zama) Lama Zabacthani" "My wounds will be kept open by those that defame me". Where the forsaken comes from I have no idea, and yet if he understood his 'shilldome' would never have agreed to the eventual dogma of his death and the aftermath of powerbrokerage. Hes never returning BTW.
edit on 14-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

So,sew, based on Your "rules" Sid won't be in Heaven? My bad, Siddhartha Gautama still nothing? You may recognize (| originally typed 'know' but Me thinks "the other Me" is having trouble grasping what KNOW means..) Sid as The Great Buddha, He ain't going to be there?

Now when | glance over Organized ®eligion Zealots' drivel 'bout who is/isn't going to be allowed into Heaven | think if Heaven is full-up w/a bunch of Know it ALLS, who have zero sense of humor who "think" (again not KNOW) God/Adonai/Allah is some Man in a looong beard just because every picture You've seen of Jesus he has honey brown hair and BLUE eyes, | think |'ll just incarnate (AGAIN!) and when | need to take a rest (pun intended..no body, no 'time'.

To member "Vet" Right On! | tried to get that across earlier but fell on 'blind eyes' But |'m going to have to jump back in if "they" are going to blame any carnage on J's bff, Judas. |'d opine J'd have stock in duct tape to keep the secret this time 'round...

namaste

EDIT: Oh and can "we" agree NOT to use the term "True God" SomeOne may think this is a 'Game of Thrones' thread... Or figure out how You, The Creator (of this thread) wants to use "it"...
edit on 09/03/2013 by LewisStulePhD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

backcase

The clouds in the sky were so dark and ugly it became night during day. Jesus took upon our sins therefore he took upon himself the veil with which mankind had separated themselves from God.

The clouds are the thoughts that gather in you.
You are the sky so why worry about the clouds - they are forever passing in that which never passes.
See the clouds but do not be concerned with them.

Being lost in the clouds is the human condition but when you find that you are the sky you will transcend all thought.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

|'d "award" a Star but if You KNOW (KNOW in caps trumps "feel" 'think' "believe") about having to rid the "ego" prior to having any access to what truly is available, doesn't have an "Ego" (namaste) ergo, no 'Star' so,sew, |'m sending Your way something You can actually use...
That was beautiful.

"To Teach" is the same as "To Learn" unless | am not teaching what | am learning, in which case |'ve done Me/You (the "other Me") little or no good". Your words and some Amazonian (deep, deep Amazon) flora got Me a great jolt of what it is the O.P. seeks, thank you.

namaste

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't believe anything, besides ourselves, can keep us from God.

If you don't believe me, pray to the Holy Spirit to come into your life and show you a miracle, and wait patiently for God to do his work.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

FinalAccount2008

If you don't believe me, pray to the Holy Spirit to come into your life and show you a miracle, and wait patiently for God to do his work.

Peace.

I dont believe you because you are in charge and to patiently wait for the "a holy spirit" to do gods/YOUR work for you is on a fools errand.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

LewisStulePhD
reply to post by vethumanbeing

|'d "award" a Star but if You KNOW (KNOW in caps trumps "feel" 'think' "believe") about having to rid the "ego" prior to having any access to what truly is available, doesn't have an "Ego" (namaste) ergo, no 'Star' so,sew, |'m sending Your way something You can actually use...
That was beautiful.

"To Teach" is the same as "To Learn" unless | am not teaching what | am learning, in which case |'ve done Me/You (the "other Me") little or no good". Your words and some Amazonian (deep, deep Amazon) flora got Me a great jolt of what it is the O.P. seeks, thank you.

namaste

My ego gratification is quelled. No star. Smiley "have a nice day turd" is a-ok (I hate my ego, it so gets in the way of me becoming Trump-ka II (real name) in roman numerals a bohemian that inherited wealth. Damnation for to and all souls connected to me. There is nothing wrong with 'teaching' as/whilst you are learning, SHARE as soon as you are of the special knowledge, even if it is a mosquito bite on your wrist that refuses to be scratched into a form of namastess...desert flora can also give some good advice.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

LewisStulePhD

So,sew, based on Your "rules" Sid won't be in Heaven? My bad, Siddhartha Gautama still nothing? You may recognize (| originally typed 'know' but Me thinks "the other Me" is having trouble grasping what KNOW means..) Sid as The Great Buddha, He ain't going to be there?

Now when | glance over Organized ®eligion Zealots' drivel 'bout who is/isn't going to be allowed into Heaven | think if Heaven is full-up w/a bunch of Know it ALLS, who have zero sense of humor who "think" (again not KNOW) God/Adonai/Allah is some Man in a looong beard just because every picture You've seen of Jesus he has honey brown hair and BLUE eyes, | think |'ll just incarnate (AGAIN!) and when | need to take a rest (pun intended..no body, no 'time'.

To member "Vet" Right On! | tried to get that across earlier but fell on 'blind eyes' But |'m going to have to jump back in if "they" are going to blame any carnage on J's bff, Judas. |'d opine J'd have stock in duct tape to keep the secret this time 'round...

namaste

EDIT: Oh and can "we" agree NOT to use the term "True God" SomeOne may think this is a 'Game of Thrones' thread... Or figure out how You, The Creator (of this thread) wants to use "it

This is all about the "cakewalk" or musical chairs, who takes away whoms and whose is heaviest? Siddhartha as a sculpture solid gold (many taken by the rascals Chinoise knowing the value of such metal) would have to find those stores hidden to this day. Jesus (having probably never lived as people think their version false) has billions of words printed about its apocracy, 69 versions of bible and no grandchildren. Mohammed is sacrocinct; as a terrorist icon and progenitor. Who is left? Confusious, as a confused meglomaniac, Elvis as a self induced suicide dead musical icon and Michael Jackson/manwoman dance pop genious trying to change his geneology Right Before Our Own Eyes, and all of that wealth spent upon unhappy times. Judas is not happy about his percieved role with JC and if someone tried to duct tape him, its too late (I have the skinny on his opines). Nothing is as some believe; it is far more interesting and not fathomable.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

LewisStulePhD
Would You think it odd if Hafiz said
"|'m in Love with every Church,
and with every Temple,
and with every Synagogue, and with every kind of Shrine..
For it is there that | hear ALL the different names of the One God.

Hafiz of course is the great Sufi... Boy there is yet another entrance to what You 'believe' is Heaven...
| hope that You will pass "believe", "think", "feel" and come upon "KNOW" as it really is beautiful...
namaste

That is the PAY $200.00 bucks and pass "GO" monopoly money into oblivion, potencial jail time or the freedom of heaven (unshackled by gross matter). I think the "belief system" (a cross) the Think system [a brainiac microcircuit pendant], a 6000 year old druid bead (from the north of Hadrians wall) for emotional feel good times would do to at least explain standing there in front of the pearly gates with or without ridiculous excuses (for being there), "oh, am I early, am I too late, did I miss happy hour?
edit on 15-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

You are speaking of God as a form of 'grace' or the human in definition of Gods grace. You understand grace yes? elegance and beauty of form, matter motion, action. A pleasing aspect, quality endowment; favor or good will. A manifestation of favor by a superior, mercy clemency--pardon through an act of grace. Favor shown in 'granting' clemency or temporary immunity. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A REASONABLE GOD? OR A DICTATOR, regarding its allowance of World Wars, Pestulance, Starvation, confusion by its OWN edict OF RELIGOUS WARFARE, differentiation of LANGUAGE, cultures leading to the obvious intended on purpose MISUNDERSTANDINGS that lead the human to murder each other; why? because emotion is food/fuel. Its energy you will never understand. Those that are not physical and are the overlords feed upon us, our hormonal production (the one they like the best? that of the mother dieing to protect its children--this involves the animal specie as well--kill or be killed). You have no idea the sickness that controls you. "Magic mirror tell me today events tomorrow I should stay away" 'Romper Room 'epitaph 1963-- (followed Capt. Kangaroo) airwise, 6:00AM.

edit on 15-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Cool thread backcase, thank you.

"Grace" is God's presence.

I love the way a German theologian wrote about grace. His name is Matthias Scheeben (1835-1888)

Here are some of his words:

+ + +

The Splendors of Grace

Matthias Scheeben

Human heart, poor heart, tried by so many tribulations,
overwhelmed by so many sufferings, how you would rejoice if you
possessed all the good things prepared for you in heaven! But ask
your innermost self if you could manage to contain all this joy.
Now imagine, further, that some one else, whom you love as
yourself, had this same happiness; your joy would be doubled, for
you would not rejoice less for him than for yourself! And if two
or three, or many more had the same good fortune, you would
rejoice for each as for yourself, since you love each one as
yourself. In that perfect love, then, of numberless angels and
saints, where each loves every other no less than himself, each
will rejoice for all others individually as much as for himself.
And if the heart of man will be incapable of containing the joy of
its own good fortune, how can it be enlarged to contain so many
and such great joys? Since, moreover, our joy at the fortune of
another is measured by the love we have for him, and since we
shall all in the beatific vision love God incomparably more than
we can possibly love ourselves and our fellow saints, how
infinitely greater will be our joy at the happiness of God than at
our own or that of our fellow creatures! And if our whole heart,
our whole mind, and our whole soul, are unequal to contain the
fullness of divine love which shall be granted us in heaven, how
can they suffice for the joy that shall be ours? My God and my
Lord, my Hope and the Joy of my heart, tell my soul if this is the
joy of which You spoke through Your Son: "Ask and you shall
receive thee your joy may be full." For I have found a joy which
is full, and more than full. For though the heart, the mind, the
soul, and the whole man are filled, there still remains a
superabundance of joy. That joy then will not wholly enter into
those who rejoice; rather, those who rejoice will enter wholly
into it (, 25, 26). ...

www.ewtn.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I have a question for you: if you found out God does not exist and never has, would you feel nearly so warm-hearted towards the world and its inhabitants?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalAccount2008

From the regretfully deceased George Carlin straight to your eyes:

So I worship the sun but... I don’t pray to the sun. You know why? I wouldn’t presume on our friendship; it’s not polite. I often thought people treat God rather rudely, don’t you? Asking- trillions and trillions of prayers every day, asking and pleading and begging for favours, do this, give me that, I need a new car, want a better job, and most of this praying takes place on Sunday... his day off. It’s not nice, and it’s no way to treat a friend. But people do pray and they pray for a lot of different things... you know, your sister needs an operation on her crotch, your brother was arrested for defecating in a mall, but most of all, you’d really like to # that hot little redhead down at the convenience store... you know, the one with the eye patch and the clubbed foot? Huh? Can you pray for that? I think you’d have to. And I say fine, pray for anything you want, pray for anything but what about the divine plan? Remember that? The divine plan... long time ago, God made a divine plan, gave it a lot of thought, decided it was a good plan, put it into practice, and for billions and billions of years, the divine plan has been doing just fine, now you come along and pray for something. Well suppose the thing you want isn’t in God’s divine plan. What do you want him to do? Change his plan? Just for you? Doesn’t that seem a little arrogant? It’s a divine plan! What’s the use of being God if every run-down schmuck with a $2 prayer book can come along and # up your plan? And here’s something else, another problem you might have... suppose your prayers aren’t answered, what do you say? “Well it’s God’s will, thy will be done.” Fine, but if it’s God’s will and he’s gonna do what he wants to anyway, why the # bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me! Couldn’t you just skip the praying part and go right to his will? It’s all very confusing.

So to get around a lot of this, I decided to worship the sun but, as I said, I don’t pray to the sun. You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Joe Pesci. Two reasons... first of all, I think he’s a good actor okay? To me, that counts. Second... he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn’t # around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with. For years, I asked God to do something about my noisy neighbour with the barking dog... Joe Pesci straightened that cocksucker out with one visit! It’s amazing what you can accomplish with a simple baseball bat! So I’ve been praying to Joe for about a year now, and I noticed something. I noticed that all the prayers that I used to offer to God and all the prayers I now offer to Joe Pesci, are being answered at about the same 50% rate. Half the time, I get what I want, half the time, I don’t, same as God, 50-50, same as the four-leaf clover and the horseshoe, the wishing well, and the rabbit’s foot, same as the mojo man, same as the voodoo lady who tells you your fortune by squeezing the goat’s testicles, it’s all the same, 50-50, so just pick your superstition, sit back, make a wish, and enjoy yourself. And for those of you who look to the Bible for moral lessons and literary qualities, I might suggest a couple of other stories for you. You might wanna look at “The Three Little Pigs”, that’s a good one, has a nice happy ending, I’m sure you’ll like that. Then there’s “Little Red Riding Hood”, although it does have that X-rated part where the Big, Bad Wolf actually eats the grandmother, which I didn’t care for by the way. And finally, I’ve often always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from “Humpty Dumpty”. The part I like the best, “all the king’s horses and all the king’s men, couldn’t put Humpty Dumpty back together again”. That’s because there is no Humpty Dumpty and there is no God, none, not one, no God, never was. In fact, I’m gonna put it this way... if there is a God, if there is a God, may he strike this audience dead! See? Nothing happened! Nothing happened! Everybody’s okay! All right? Tell you what... I’ll raise the stakes. I’ll raise the stakes a little bit. If there is a God, may he strike me dead! See? Nothing happened- oh, wait... got a little cramp in my leg... and my balls hurt... plus, I’m blind... I’m bli- oh, now I’m okay again... must’ve been Joe Pesci huh? God bless Joe Pesci! Thank you all very much! Joe blesses you! Thank you all very much! I appreciate it! Bye Bye!

Here's the rest of the transcript, for those interested.

So anyway, yeah. It doesn't get more real than that. He makes a pretty good argument. A much better argument than I've heard from any pulpit.

edit on 16-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join