It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Reasons (+2) to NOT Send Your Daughter to College

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Greetings and Salutations: | don't KNOW where to begin... |'m thinking "they" are still blaming Lilith for not kissing Adam(u)'s arse, enter: "Eve" Made from Adam(u)'s rib, this of course sets up each of those who squat to pee behind the 8-Ball before these turds corrupt their potential.

Then | was thinking what happens to Mary Katherine O'Laughlin, a nubile co-ed that is just 20 hrs. short of a B.A. and Her folks read this drivel? (Note re #2 above; that happened back in 09 in the backseat of Tommy Johnston (a Mormon) car)

| only type this because | found some "Indulgences" that my great-great-great relatives bought, | can do some sinning for a bit now, heck |'ve already had a ham sandwich today!!

To My Jewish end- Happy Yom Kippur, shalom aleichem

link   
reply to post by Taissa

Yeah, I'm guessing that this guy, Raylan Allemen, is an Evangelical Catholic

link   

windword
A Catholic website, called Fix the Family, by Raylan Alleman, ...

Okay .. I just had to check them out. What they are pushing isn't Catholic at all.
It's really, really strange. Seems obsessed with sex = bad ....
There are catholic universities and catholic hospitals with women doing very well.

I googled around the internet and can't find where this guy is out of.
I"m wondering if he is some bizzarro offshoot of the St. Pius X group ...

Still looking ....

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Naaaaah ... I"ve known some evangelical Catholics. This guy is something else ...
Cultish. Did you see his website? It's really sex=bad obsessed .. IMHO.
If I knew what part of the country he was out of, I could figure out a lot more ...

STILL GOOGLING ....

(this caught my attention .. I've gotta find out! Strange stuff)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So women shouldn't go to college because bad things may happen...? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... That is frickin ridiculous... HA HA HA HA HA HA. My spleen hurts now.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

Funnily enough, the article mentions Catholic colleges as being not quite as bad of a hot bed of premarital sin, but still pretty bad. So even Catholic colleges aren't good enough for the author of that blog.

The whole thing is stupid anyways. The underlying message in the article is saying that Christian women don't have the willpower to resist premarital sex when they go to college so the natural course of action here is to lock them up in their parents' house until they are married. If a Catholic woman truly believed and therefore truly believed in nonsense like premarital sex being a sin, then she would stay a virgin anyways. A parent wouldn't have to worry about watching over her. This of course also suggests that Catholic women are untrustworthy and cannot be trusted keeping their pants on around a large group of men their own age.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Maybe he's Rick Santorum's neighbor! Lol. Just kidding!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I can't tell you how many girls I knew that lost their virginity at church camp! Also, you know what they say about the preacher's daughter!

edit on 13-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Actually, speaking as a former Catholic, the message presented in that article is pretty spot on. Premarital sex is evil, contraceptives are evil, and a family should have as many children as possible when they are married are pretty much staple dogma in the Catholic dogma. In other words if it feels good, it's a sin. If it's painful, causes much hardship, or makes you feel guilty then it should be an action to pursue.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Ditto on catholic school girls. I guess it's a symptom of rebellion against a misogynist religion's repressive rules. Maybe if the church didn't repress women so much, they wouldn't rebel sexually so much. Keep in mind with all the sex on television that this nation is technically a Christian nation.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Or lover...?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm thinking this guy is a spin off from the St. Pius X group.
I went to the website .. I've been googling ... I can't find ANYTHING on this group.
Went to their facebook page ... I'm getting nothing that tells me anything about them
except that they claim to be a Catholic apostolate to help Catholics in marriage.

Everything they are pumping out and selling is really bad.

They remind me of a certain whackadoo group that I ran into down in Alabama.

That's why I"m wondering where they are from ... if they are connected.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You know, there seems to be this new movement occurring on the Right Wing where they are being very anti-education/college.

I was listening to Glen Beck a couple weeks ago...something I do when I'm bored in the car and need to stay awake (he pisses me off enough to not fall asleep)...and he was recommending to all of his listeners to take their kids out of college and to never send them. Because they were liberal indoctrination centers and a waste of money.

I think this is really dangerous...advocating that we don't educate our children. However, it is in the interest of people like Glen Beck because he relies on an ignorant populace to earn his living.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Same with Rick Santorum!

Rick Santorum calls Obama 'a snob' for wanting people to attend college

“I understand why Barack Obama wants to send every kid to college, because of their indoctrination mills, absolutely [...] The indoctrination that is going on at the university level is a harm to our country.”

President Obama wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob,"

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

LOL. You know if you platform regardless if it is religious, political, or social based requires the people who follow it to be uneducated lest they switch platforms, it may be time to rethink what your stances are. If you have a good message and platform, then being more educated wouldn't cause people to jump ship. In fact you'd have more intelligent people crafting better arguments in your favor.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

FlyersFan

I'm thinking this guy is a spin off from the St. Pius X group.

I looked over his personal Facebook page, and I don't think so -- he's just a extremely conservative Catholic, with some bizarre ideas of how to "Fix the Family".

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I Am Catholic and I do not subscribe to what he is saying. With that said, my wife is a house wife, she is the main care provider for our children, and I have a painting business that pays the bills. She also has a degree and talents that she puts to use, and if it wasn't for college, I wouldn't have met her.
Just keep in mind that people think, say, and do some pretty clueless, mindless, and creepy things- whether they are religious or not. But the message is

The world is messed up and we need to do something drastic and quick if we expect to fix it.

edit on 13-9-2013 by apydomis because: iPhone typing errors

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing your OP, but really? Are we still living in 1501 or 2013?

Women know your place!

Holy crap, what a bunch of sexist pigs.

Girls, women have every right to an education, and a degree to try and fulfil whatever career path they chose. Most will eventually want children, but that does NOT mean they need to chained in the kitchen.

(SNIP) (SNIP) (SNIP) (insert your own)

edit on 13-9-2013 by smugmushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smugmushroom

Thank you for sharing your OP, but really? Are we still living in 1501 or 2013?

Women know your place!

LOL! To be fair, that was my commentary, in summarizing all the gobbley gook that Alleman wrote!

Holy crap, what a bunch of sexist pigs.

I agree! Cheers!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I don't understand the obsession with a girl's "purity."

You never hear people making rants about a boy's "purity."

So really, what is this cultural obsession with keeping a women's virginity intact?

Honestly, it's like some kind of psychosis.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join