They are taking over another Anti Virus Company. Is it about spying?

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Kaspersky Labs outed STUXnet. Shortly afterwards Kaspersky's son was kidnapped. Some one tracked him by cell phone and social media and grabbed him outside where he worked. Short time later he is released. Then Kaspersky Labs dropped the ball on reporting all the other Viruses that were part of STUXnet. DUQU Flame and STAR. This is a Russian Anti Virus company.

Then you had John McAfee. McAfee Anti Virus. He was hunted down for killing a Navy Seal that they say was his neighbor. Then the smear campaign started that he was a drug addict and child molester. He returned to the US from Belize and every thing went away.

Then you had VK social Media used by the Boston Bomber. Russia bought two owners out then had the third charged for hit and run with a car when he does not even have a car. He was then forced out of VK social media. Putins long time friend now owns it and runs it.

The US did the same thing but without the drama. They forced Instagram to add search features for images and then made them add Instagram rights to give away your pictures to third partys. Spying software in other words.

Now the newest one. This one is a story you might have seen but did not get the whole story.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

China billionaire businessman detained for 'dissent'
China’s increasing crackdown on organised dissent appeared to intensify on Friday after a billionaire businessman linked to a nascent civil rights movement was detained by police.

Article goes on to say.

Mr Wang is a prominent supporter of the New Citizens’ Movement, a loose coalition of petitioners, academics and lawyers that was founded last year and holds monthly dinners at which members discuss social change. Observers believe its supporters now number in the thousands.
In recent months the movement has come under increasing pressure from China’s sprawling domestic security apparatus. Dozens of members have been detained or interrogated and its founder, the legal expert Xu Zhiyong, was formally arrested in late August after over a month in detention.

But what they are not telling you is he owns CDH Investments.

www.cdhfund.com...

So that is not important really. But what makes that important is he is the funder of Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd.

en.wikipedia.org...

Products[edit source | editbeta]

360 Internet Security 2013 - The first international version of 360 pc security product, launched on June11, 2013. It provides the comprehensive internet protection with triple virus detection engine - QVM engine, Bitdefender engine and cloud engine - and protects users against the latest security threats.
360 Mobile Security - The first international version of 360 mobile security product for Android, launched on June11, 2013. It was highly recommended by the Cnet editors with 4.5 out of 5 star rating.
360 Safe Guard - The flagship internet Security product including antivirus and system performance optimization.
360 Mobile Safe - Mobile antivirus and security product for Android, iOS and Symbian.
360 Safe Browser - A web browser features integrated Trident (Internet Explorer) layout technology and Webkit (Google Chrome, Safari) layout technology, meaning that depending on the page being requested by the user, the 360 Browsers would choose the optimal layout technology for that webpage. It is thought that this has caused some confusion on behalf of users trackers and market shares of browsers in China, as Qihoo's browser can appear to be either Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla, instead of the 360 Browsers.
360 Mobile Assistant - A Mobile application store enables users to download, install and manage Android apps from their PC.
360 Personal Start-up Page - The default homepage of 360 Safe Browser, it is a key access point to popular Internet services and applications, had 91 million daily users and generated 450 million average daily clicks in the fourth quarter of 2012.

And he was planning on expanding big time. He was close to going global. And he was connecting with all the spy agencies over seas.

China is just as guilty as all other countries of spying. Just take InQTel CIA funded Facebook. FaceBook shares software with Russia with a name change to VK. Facebook shares software with China under the name RenRen. It is a global business all of the spying. So now you know they are all connected. What makes a Billionaire Businessman in China want to run away with his girl fiend and leave everything behind?No kidding. He just wanted to leave everything to save his life.

CDH Investments Founder Elopes with Lover

english.caixin.com...

This NSA, NWO, World of Spying must be one scary son of a bitch to even those who are rich and in power.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i never understood anti virus software.

You want to make sure that nobody gets into your computer to install code that slows down tour computer while it is constantly scanning your hard drive and reportimg to its source....

So you PAY seone to install code into your computer thay constantly scans your hard drive amd reports back to the source?????

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Over and over, for years, I have told everyone. The anti-virus industry is a scam. The same companies that write anti-virus software, also hire people to write viruses. Along with that, they leave holes in their programs for other purposes. I think we all know why.

Those companies that don't "play the game" get the treatment the OP is talking about. They get bought out, closed down, or have trumped up charges brought against them. Or worse, they might end up missing or dead.

S&F.

ETA: Has anyone noticed that almost ALL software phones home when it is installed, and again, when it is uninstalled, these days? No conspiracy there. Right?
edit on 9/13/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have sent a message to JBA2848.

I can tell you about what i know but only if he/she wishes for me to participate.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Biigs
I have sent a message to JBA2848.

I can tell you about what i know but only if he/she wishes for me to participate.

I wish I could say more. Unfortunately, my hands are tied, so to speak. Maybe you can shed more light on the topic.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Please do. I just seen some thing that caught my eye and figured I would post it to start the discussion. I can add another thing to this also. Germany Attacked Chelsea Clinton's company Vodaphone. So was that a attack on miss NSA Chelsea or was it a attack on Hillary Clinton?

thehackernews.com...

So is that a shot across the bow for the NSA or was it the Clintons they did it to?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I worked for Kaspersky labs for over 3 years, I left the company 2 years ago and i was there when stuxnet was uncovered.

System Administrator was my role for a satellite office (150 users) and i have only visited the HQ in Russia as a guest.

If you would like to ask me a question, i am not restricted by an NDA and while my view of the company is far from 100% i will do my best within the confines of my knowledge, to answer honestly and accurately.

I know absolutely nothing about any Asian or US influence on the company.

Kindest regards

Biigs

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So people can see how involved Chelsea is on the NSA spying globally. Here is TencentQQ Chinas largest internet provider.

www.tencent.com...

LAU, Chi Ping (Martin Lau) President is connected to Mckinsey & Company, Inc.

People at Mckinsey & Company, Inc.
en.wikipedia.org...

McKinsey has produced more CEOs than any other company and is referred to by Fortune magazine as "the best CEO launch pad".[74] More than 70 past and present CEOs at Fortune 500 companies are former McKinsey employees. Among McKinsey’s most notable alumni are:
Ian Narev, CEO of Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Frank Appel, CEO of Deutsche Post DHL
Greg Case, CEO of Aon plc
Vittorio Colao, CEO of Vodafone
Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former President Bill Clinton
Erik Engstrom, CEO of Reed Elsevier
Bernard T. Ferrari, Dean of Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School
Russell P. Fradin, CEO of SunGard
Harvey Golub, former CEO of American Express and former Chairman of American International Group
Louis V. Gerstner, Jr., former chairman and CEO of IBM and chairman of The Carlyle Group
James P. Gorman, President and CEO of Morgan Stanley
Stephen Green, chairman of HSBC
Rajat Gupta, former managing director of McKinsey & Company, co-founder of the Indian School of Business, and corporate board member
William Hague, UK Foreign Secretary
Mohsin Hamid, author of Moth Smoke, The Reluctant Fundamentalist, and How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia
Bobby Jindal, current Governor of Louisiana
Marius Kloppers, CEO of BHP Billiton
Anil Kumar, former senior partner of McKinsey & Company and co-founder of the Indian School of Business
Jim Manzi, former CEO of Lotus Development Corporation
David McCormick, co-CEO of Bridgewater Associates and former Under Secretary for International Affairs within the United States Department of the Treasury
James McNerney, chairman and CEO of Boeing
Helmut Panke, former chairman and CEO of BMW AG
Corrado Passera, Italian Minister of Development and Minister of Infrastructures, ex-CEO of Intesa Sanpaolo
Tom Peters, business management writer and co-author of In Search of Excellence
Sheryl Sandberg, COO at Facebook
Jonathan Schwartz, former CEO of Sun Microsystems
Kevin Sharer, CEO of Amgen
Jeffrey Skilling, former CEO of Enron
Jonathan Spector, CEO of The Conference Board
Tidjane Thiam, CEO of Prudential Plc
Adair Turner, Chairman of the Financial Services Authority
Peter Wuffli, former CEO of UBS AG
David Coleman, CEO of College Board

Chelsea is also on the board of IAC who owns a whole lot of tech companies.

en.wikipedia.org...(company)

IAC owns a number of companies and websites including:[10]
About.com
Ask.com
Bagsbuy.com
BlackPeopleMeet.com
Chemistry.com
CityGrid Media
Citysearch
CollegeHumor
CozyBoots.com
DailyBurn
Dictionary.com
Dorkly
dumbdumb
Electus
Felix[disambiguation needed]
HomeAdvisor
LoveandSeek.com
Match.com
Meetic
Mindspark Interactive Network
Notional
nRelate
OkCupid
OurTime.com
People Media
Reference.com
SeniorPeopleMeet.com
Shoebuy.com
SinglePeopleMeet.com
Singlesnet.com
SpeedDate.com
Sportspickle.com
Thesaurus.com
Tutor.com
Urbanspoon
Vimeo

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Suffice it to say, the internet is now the whore of babylon...and it's taken the seed of any bull that wanted it....

It's so amazingly sad.

As a computer professional (I specialize in programming software for databases), I wish I knew some way to help "the cause"....but I fear it is more in the hands of the system and OS crowd at this point...not to mention the idea that reclaiming (if at all actually possible) the internet is also a foundational issue of recreating the connectivity of the network that exists today.

That, we cannot manage, IMHO.

- SN

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Were you involve with the mapping of the IPs used for C&Cs they did on STUXnet. If I am not mistaken that is what started the uproar in the Anti Virus industry. When they began to map the internet and were seeing the big picture of who was linked to who and where the commands were coming from. They even started mapping TOR to know every thing about it and who is connected to who.

And how bad is the Anti Piracy Anti Virus connections that seemed to open the doors for the governments to take over the Anti Virus companies?

DRM almost seems to be the beginning of the end. They created a joint endevour that encompassed all the companies together working for the government.
edit on 13-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I was not involved and neither was my office with stuxnet. I heard about this when everyone else did in the IT community. It was discovered by researchers at the HQ and then involved the virus analysts, with the help of some volunteered information they together narrowed the 'infection' down and thats when things got strange.

Coding viruses like any code, unless its 100% perfect theres always some tell tale signs of who made it. How and really, what sort of level of a combined effort was it to create and therefore how "serious" they are. Stuxnet showed coding signs that lead to professional software houses with active and continuous communication between people and departments, something you dont find in normal malware/viruses/trojans, its cheap and hacky (which is also why its found far more easily).

Taking over AV company's? Im not really aware of any take over of AV company's like you say. Many of the people involved do work for other software houses in their career and 'news gets around' in the AV community. We would know.

As a skeptic when i joined the company (i had a doubt AV was a scam), i have to say as somone with access to ALL levels of IT requirements and support - I never saw anything i would call suspicious, just good hard working people who take their job VERY seriously.

Since i left i have no affiliation and my new role is not in the Anti Virus world at all.
edit on 13-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

So you never had any doubts when you would report a bug or flaw and the software companies refuse to lift a finger to do anything about it. Microsoft really shined a light on this with STUXnet. So did the French company Siemens. VMware also which was part of the Siemens software being used. VMware also refused to patch the holes.Have you noticed any strange happenings such as that in the past?
edit on 13-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

No i never noticed anything in all my time in the industry (albeit as a support worker not a virus technician) in Kaspersky or any other company that i heard about.

There was talk of why this was not discovered by other closer AV company's, but Kaspersky treated like a win+ finding and outing it before others that either could have or should have found it first. Suggesting they were inferior was of course the better and more convenient strategy

I have worked with VMware as do many of Kaspersky employees, and i have no evidence to doubt their product does only what it says it does. Because if it didnt, Kasperskys extremely professional analysts would have found it, even by accident while running virtual machines to test and administer their own networks.

And yes, one more time, as a skeptic going in, i never found a single trace of proof, suspicion or verbal rumor that AV is a scam or that AV company's are in the pocket of any government. Sure i wasnt high up on the food chain, but this IS NOT the NSA or the military with pledges and oaths, word would travel if it was the case i assure you.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Biigs

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Then you had John McAfee. McAfee Anti Virus.

huh? You think John Mcafee was running McAfee? I'm not sure you know what your talking about here. That makes the other things you say suspect.

Here is John, If you have three minutes take a look

V

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Most AV is owned or run by Symantec.

Smaller independent and often foreign to the states, company's, are very much they're own people. Out to make the best product they can rather than just good enough to saturate a market with pre installs and bundle deals.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There would only need to be some sort of wide spread collusion between hackers and AV suppliers IF the original software developers delivered a 100% secure product every time.
In reality nothing at the enterprise level is secure because software development is a compartmentalised and deparmentalised process where different people do different jobs and tasks to differing levels of competence.

When you also recognise that chips that run the software we recognise have code themselves ( written in its own machine code-usually not understood by the software developer) has the potential to include vulnerabilities the reality of zero digital security dawns.

Mcafee did by his own admission see an (atypical) shadow army.....Mcaffee isnt perfect... same as everyone else.

edit on 13-9-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Here are some links for those who wish to see how Anti Virus companies are being taken over.

www.iad.gov...

Welcome to the IOSS Website
The primary responsibility of the Interagency OPSEC Support Staff (IOSS) is to act as a consultant to other U.S. government departments or agencies by providing technical guidance and assistance that will result in self-sufficient OPSEC Programs for the protection of U.S operations. Members of the IOSS staff assess OPSEC programs, assist in OPSEC program development, conduct surveys, assessments and provide OPSEC training.
The IOSS further supports the National OPSEC Program by providing multimedia products and presenting events that attract attendees from the security, intelligence, research and development, acquisition, and law enforcement communities. These events include the National OPSEC Conference and Exhibition, the National Threat Symposium, and regional training symposia.

www.15wing.af.mil...

OPSECANALYSIS AND PUBLIC RELEASE
DECISIONS COURSE (OPSE-1500)
22 JUL 13, CAMP CASEY, SOUTH KOREA
5AUG13,COLORADOSPRINGS,CO
12AUG13,SANANTONIO,TX
19AUG13,HONOLULU,HI
7SEPT13,DJIBOUTI,AFRICA
8SEPT13,MANAMA,BAHRAIN
23SEPT13,GRAFENWOEHR,GE
7OCT13,SANANTONIO,TX

Notice anything funny with those classes? HONOLULU,HI Is that not where Snowden worked? How about GRAFENWOEHR,GE Is that not where the NSA Dagger base is located but is now being moved?

www.networkworld.com...

OPSEC (Open Platform for Security)

A framework that allows software makers to write their applications so that they will interoperate with Check Point's VPN-1/Firewall-1 software. By doing this, administrators can create new security rules based on those applications for their VPNs and remote workers, and also administer both Check Point and third-party applications from the same management console. For instance, by using an antivirus application that is OPSEC-compliant, a rule could be created that grants a remote worker access to a corporate network only if the remote PC has the most up-to-date antivirus definitions.

Vendors can obtain the information on how to become OPSEC-compliant for free, but must pay a fee in order to be certified as compliant by Check Point.

So they can make rules to grant remote access.

en.wikipedia.org...

Operations security (OPSEC) is a process that identifies critical information to determine if friendly actions can be observed by adversary intelligence systems, determines if information obtained by adversaries could be interpreted to be useful to them, and then executes selected measures that eliminate or reduce adversary exploitation of friendly critical information.
Though the above statement is true in its official military format, OPSEC is the process of protecting little pieces of data that could be grouped together to give the bigger picture. OPSEC is the protecting of critical information deemed mission essential from military commanders. Protecting this critical information is through the use of email encryption software, careful of who may be listening to you (like in a hotel bar), paying close attention to a picture you have taken (back ground) or not talking openly on social media sites about information on the unit's critical information list (military deployments, shortages of equipment or movement of VIPs).

Sounds like what they have been doing lately. Protecting there Viruses and malware from the enemies.

"And then executes selected measures that eliminate or reduce adversary exploitation of friendly critical information." Just replace that last word information with viruses and malware.

"The Purple Dragon"
And it seems they all are getting there OPSEC certified stamp of approval.

www.google.com...=opsec+certified+products&start= 0

new topics
top topics

join