It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Smash Woman's Head on Concrete. Amazingly, She Stays Conscious

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Looking at the trauma this woman has sustained to her face, that police department is going to be paying out due to excessive force for 2 reasons.

#1 - the plastic surgery to fix the scars/fractures that she received on her face

#2 - the long-term brain damage that she received due to hitting the ground.

To be blunt - that officer is lucky he didn't kill her, because he came pretty close and she might still have internal damage that could lead to a stroke/aneurism.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

When is it OK to bounce someone's head off the concrete? Resisting arrest? Touching a cop? Swearing at a cop? Spitting on a cop?

First of all, he didn’t intentionally bounce her head off the concrete. He performed a sweeping takedown. He seemed to have been too forceful and it should be investigated but I will attempt to answer you…

Resisting arrest? YES! It should be time to eat dirt.

Touching a cop? Depends how you’re touching him. If you’re grabbing his junk, reaching for his gun, scratching him, slapping him, punching/kicking him, choking him, etc… YES, time to eat dirt.

Swearing at a cop? Of course not! That’s not illegal and doesn't warrant a physical response.

I think you get it now, if not, it is time to reevaluate your position and do some soul searching.

Why do I need to reevaluate? I’m not the one jumping to conclusion and breaking out pitchforks!

I believe in adherence to the constitution and state law. That’s why we have those things. And it's up to a court to decide if this was wrong. It’s not up to you or me to arbitrarily decide what is acceptable or unacceptable. Many here have already convicted the guy and they don't even know what the lady did behind the car.

Answer this….what if she grabbed a handful of his junk and squeezed it because she was unhappy with the arrest? That is assault! It certainly appears to be a possibility based on what we CAN see and hear. If you were a cop trying to execute an arrest of a drunk and you had YOUR junk grabbed, how would you react? Would you put the suspect down to prevent further damage or would you give her the chance at a second grab? BE HONEST!

edit on 13-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

you don't "sound"
like seabag at all, him being an officer[former] and a gentleman
does he know you're using his computer?

or are we seeing a case of this?
Report: NSA Mimics Google to Monitor "Target" Web Users
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This video doesn't shock me at all because you can easily see hundreds of such incidents, and worse, on youtube. Don't forget that these are only a fraction of such incidents because most are probably never filmed and displayed for people to view online.

Here in the UK, most police officers are pretty much ok. There's the odd one or two who are snidey and over-aggressive but most seem fairly decent. However, very few of them even know the difference between law and parliamentary act, and most seem to think that a uniform entitles them to make demands that they're not entitled to.

You guys in the US have major problems with your police. If i'd been present at the time this woman was slammed to the ground, i'd have been obliged to intervene, regardless of consequence. It's got nothing to do with the fact that it was a female, but more to do with some-one having their basic human rights violated and being subjected to violence from men who were superior in numbers, size and arms.

I think that too many people are afraid to get involved or to lead any sort of resistance against oppression. These things will continue to happen until some-one stands up to them. The thinking seems to be that they are the biggest gang, the best armed, and no-one can touch them, so of course they'll abuse their authority. As a community, people need to come together, get the message out that this sort of thing is not acceptable and that any abuse against the people will be returned in kind.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

First answer this, did she grab a handful of his junk?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

um no, they slammed her face into the ground.. Two grown men...

He didn’t intentionally slam her face into the ground!! Stop being misleading! Do you know the image those words conjure up?? Sometime when you fall down you hit your face. That doesn’t mean you intended to!

And actually only one cop performed the takedown. The other appeared to be continuing to try to cuff her.

No need for Chicken little references.. Just calling a spade a spade here..
No, actually many here are exaggerating the story by repeating the cops “slammed her face into the ground” as if that was his intention. Maybe if she wasn’t so drunk she would have reacted quicker.

Its not the end of the world, maybe for these 2 cops it is thou , there lucky that was not my wife...
I hear ya! I’d be really pissed if it was my wife or daughter, too. Then again, I’d be pissed if someone bumped into them accidently. Nobody like to see their family in pain.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

you don't "sound"
like seabag at all, him being an officer[former] and a gentleman
does he know you're using his computer?

or are we seeing a case of this?
Report: NSA Mimics Google to Monitor "Target" Web Users

No imposter….it’s me.

I’m just trying to see both sides rather than overreacting and calling for a man’s career to be ended over one incident. None of us can see exactly what she did to warrant being taken down (yet we can clearly hear that she did something based on the officer’s words).

Can’t we deny ignorance and look at ALL of the evidence anymore rather than jumping to conclusions based on a short, grainy video from 50 yards away?

And FYI……I was never an officer - I worked for a living.

We've got to stop jumping to conclusions....especially in these dangerous times. I don't want to become a 3rd world country where everyone is scared of the MOB RULE and street justice. If this cop was wrong then he WILL be punished according to our laws. I'm not ready to convict him nor do I want all cops convicted based on this guy's actions. Isn't that fair? Innocent until proven guilty?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

earthling42
reply to post by seabag

First answer this, did she grab a handful of his junk?

Possibly....we don't know....that's my point.

You can clearly hear the cop say "DON'T TOUCH ME" and at that point she was not handcuffed and she had her hands in the right position to grab him. She may also have dug her nails into his hand. WE DON'T KNOW! Innocent until proven guilty. What are the results of the investigation???

I know another group that acts before the facts come out!!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Despite what excuses the loyal to police citizens make,

There is no way to justify what happened....

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

roadgravel

Judge Judy?

Is that you? LOL

At least she gathers the facts first. I'll ask you.....If you were trying to cuff this woman, and she was resisting, and she grabbed a handfull of your junk (manhood), would you take her down or give her a second opportunity to make you sing falsetto?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

roadgravel

it's not him
damn gov troll didn't even examine seabags profile

sea has posted quite a few police brutality threads himself

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

seabag
I know another group that acts before the facts come out!!

Great pic! But, it isn't getting you off the hook here...

If the good guys don't step up to stop it, they are complicit. Plain and simple. It is the law with all other crimes, are they above the law?

Not just because of this event but, because of the pattern, we are way past three strikes now.

Otherwise, this line of thinking sounds a lot like the 'some rape victims deserved it' sort of defense.
edit on 13-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

seabag

roadgravel

Judge Judy?

Is that you? LOL

At least she gathers the facts first. I'll ask you.....If you were trying to cuff this woman, and she was resisting, and she grabbed a handfull of your junk (manhood), would you take her down or give her a second opportunity to make you sing falsetto?

Unless she is taking a bat to these men an she gets these injuries being disarmed.

Disgusting...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

TheMagus

roadgravel

it's not him
damn gov troll didn't even examine seabags profile

sea has posted quite a few police brutality threads himself

Dude, my LAST THREAD was not exactly favorable to police. You’re simply missing my point…a point I have clearly articulated multiple times in this thread.

Oh well…

Carry on with pitchforks in hand. You're playing right into their hands.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

seabag

But you are condemning her with pure speculation. You don't know that "she tried to grab junk" but rushed to defend the cops on what "might' have happened.

See the disconnect...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

roadgravel

seabag

roadgravel

Judge Judy?

Is that you? LOL

Unless she is taking a bat to these men an she gets these injuries being disarmed.

Disgusting...

You don’t get to arbitrarily set the limitations on the justifiable use of force, friend.

Thats why we have laws and juries. If this cop was out of line he will be punished according to our LAWS. He's ONE GUY!!

But…you have every right to your opinion and your disdain for the man’s actions.

edit on 13-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If this woman was drunk then she is a P.O.S and deserves it, people like her kill or hurt way too many people because of the stupid decisions to get behind a wheel. I feel no pity for them.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I see where you are coming from -- from the limited view of the video we do not know what may have briefly happened... perhaps she did grab at the cop -- HOWEVER, they knew she was heavily intoxicated, perhaps pinning her against the cop car would be sufficient enough to arrest her. From the picture provided the damage done to her face is substantial and it looks like she will possibly have a case against these cops. This reminds me of the case awhile ago where a very elderly woman was tasered by a cop for being "vicious" -- though the video proved otherwise. These cops will most likely get a leave with pay ... like always.

~Sovereign

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Laws, sure. The cop routinely do not get charged as a regular citizen would.

Since police investigate the police so charges are rare.

Do you beat your wife or duaghters so this seem normal?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

thesaneone

If this woman was drunk then she is a P.O.S and deserves it, people like her kill or hurt way too many people because of the stupid decisions to get behind a wheel. I feel no pity for them.

Another rush to judgement like the "junk" accusations. How do you know she was driving and not just walking home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join