It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student exodus in Michigan school district where teachers defended child molester

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

We have discussed in a earlier thread about this school and the consequences it would face if they continued to back this teacher and their union.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What a bunch of idiots. People are really starting to get fed up with their arrogence.

“I can’t speculate as to why the students have left, but there were certainly parents who vocalized that they were pulling their children out of school because of the teacher’s support,” West Branch-Rose City School Superintendent Daniel Cwayna told FoxNews.com. “We addressed the issue as best we could without infringing upon the teacher’s first amendment rights. There’s only so much we can do.”

You could have not stood up for him after he was found guilty...ya think? Now it going to bite them right where it hurts.

Lower enrollment will cost the district under the state's funding formula. And it could get even worse, if other parents simply opt to keep their kids home on Sept. 25, when the official headcount is carried out. The school district stands to lose as much as $600,000 in state funding.

After all the people said and told the district that they would leaving if action wasn't taken, the district didn't listen and it looks like the people were true to their word.

I hope even more do not show up on Sept 25th.
edit on 13-9-2013 by TDawgRex because: Forgot the link

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I can’t speculate as to why the students have left

I can't fathom how you still have a job, knucklehead.

edit on 13-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I love how the Superintendent says there is only so much they can do. As if the "I tried my best" excuse is suppose to carry water with a Child Molester.

What they could have done is stay 100% totally neutral in the process. They don't have to condemn someone they might have thought of as a friend but they absolutely CAN keep that to themselves and bite their tongue. Personally? I prefer knowing who sympathizers to child molesters are....but in terms of them trying to keep a school district running? I'd say that was the path they could have taken...

Losers....with a losing district, now running empty. It serves them right.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Sounds like the Penn State thing. "Uhh... uhh... we did everything we could. Notified people and stuff. There's only so much we can do."

It's high time people started paying attention and taking some action. This sending a strongly worded letter to the editor type crap isn't going to have any impact. Take some tangible action and put on some pressure. Good for them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the kids should stage a walkout.
When the guy comes to do a head count leave.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

what did they think was going to happen??? this was a forgone conclusion, they are idiots...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I was thinking the very same thing, especially after reading about the negative reactions from members of the community towards the family.

When the Penn state issue arose I recall that not only was staff deficient in decrying the situation, but current students, and non-students rioted following Paterno's firing in support of Paterno as he was a much loved coach.

new topics

top topics

join