It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Resistance now controls Mosul

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Iraqi Resistance now in control of Mosul

Anti-US fighters take control of Mosul

Saturday 13 November 2004, 2:08 Makka Time, 23:08 GMT

Journalists based in Mosul have told Aljazeera that local anti- US fighters have taken control of the northern Iraqi city, contradicting US military statements that they are in charge.

Various reports on Friday suggested that Iraqi police and national guardsmen had disappeared from view and masked armed men were wandering freely around Iraq's second largest city.

english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up from a reliable news source!

Please continue to keep us informed!

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Just proves how relatively unimportant Fallujah is, by taking just one city, how does the US military believe it can crush a national resistance?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm sorry this is not in line with official Bush propaganda

It was already reported by AFP and reuters. Believe me instead of your opinion-clowns on fox news.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister
Just proves how relatively unimportant Fallujah is, by taking just one city, how does the US military believe it can crush a national resistance?

Not only national, but also hugely popular. These guys are really fighting for their countrymen's peace, freedom and happiness. They have seen what happens when you surrender to US yoke in Chile and other places so they are really determined.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
I'm sorry this is not in line with official Bush propaganda

It was already reported by AFP and reuters. Believe me instead of your opinion-clowns on fox news.

If it was reported by Reuters then why are you quoting al Jazeera?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister

Volk',
You are absolutely spot on. (sadly)

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Lets get a few things straight.

Al Jazeera is hugely respected in the Arab world. While you may not agree with its news (I do not all the time) they do represent popular opinion in thier neck of the world. To simply discredit the source and blow it off denies you the oppurtunity to 'Deny Ignorace'

However, if you would like top see the western version of the story, please look at the ATSNN thread below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/13/04 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
lol:

www.jihadunspun.com...
article=100509&list=/home.php&

according to these people They still control Fallujah
))) did I say something about comical Ali???

you also belived him???All arabs belived
) and one day Bghdad was captured.And comical Ali disappeared.You didn't learn anything???did you??

1000 insurgents killed.200 captured
)

but after shock people like you after few weeks of shock that everything what they belived was crapp will belive in something even more stupid
)
this is the thing I will never understand
)

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The US Army simply is too small to occupy even the sunni part of Iraq, especially when they are hiding inside their fortresses. The day the iranians decide they are fed up with Bush, the shiite part will also burst in rebellion. Then the only way to take back control of iraq will be for Bush to reinstate the draft.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Lets get a few things straight.

Al Jazeera is hugely respected in the Arab world. While you may not agree with its news (I do not all the time) they do represent popular opinion in thier neck of the world. To simply discredit the source and blow it off denies you the oppurtunity to 'Deny Ignorace'

However, if you would like top see the western version of the story, please look at the ATSNN thread below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/13/04 by FredT]

Well, being that I give Arab media the same credibility as I give the Weekly World News, it's not so much a blown opportunity to deny ignorance as it is a common sense to blow it off. And for the record I don't trust American media either, and I don't watch Fox News. But it's a fact that al Jazeera is the media arm of those who I consider to me my enemy, so they have zero credibility IMHO.

This is the story as reported by Reuters: LINK
    Militants Roam Parts of Iraq's Mosul, City Tense

MOSUL, Iraq (Reuters) - Groups of insurgents patrolled streets in some districts of Mosul on Saturday, but U.S. and Iraqi forces bolstered their presence to try to wrest back full control of Iraq's third largest city.

Ignorance denied.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This morning in the local news again Insurgents has move to mosul and has taking over the city hospitals, bank and police actually they are acting as police.

Also they news point out that other cities are having also insurgents problems.

Let's face it, this is never going to end is going to be like this until US and calition desimate the entire Irqi population looking for these insurgents and at the end they will move across the border until things calm down and they will start all over again.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
People need to quit thinking as if the success or failure of Iraq will ultimately be determined by what American forces do.

This is no longer our war. This is the Iraqis' war. As more of their troops are trained, the insurgency will crumble. A sizable Iraqi force is headed for Mosul right now. Let's see how they handle it.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
This is no longer our war. This is the Iraqis' war. As more of their troops are trained, the insurgency will crumble. A sizable Iraqi force is headed for Mosul right now. Let's see how they handle it.

I agree with you to a point, as long as US faces is in Iraq the situation will never get under the control of the Iraqis people.

Iraqis are joining insurgents to fight anything that has the smell of american influence in that country and that includes Iraqis US made forces.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It smells like a civil war made in USA

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The news is out there if you look for it. The object is to view as many differnent reports as possible, particularly from those residingin Iraq, and wherein you will find that the western media's version is as sanitized as possible.

Al-Hayat reported incidents all over the country....

Az-Zaman reports that telephone calls with residents of Mosul reveal that the guerrillas who took control of the city's streets the day before yesterday have burned all the police stations in the city and have released from jails all the criminals that had been incarcerated in them. In the center of Mosul, eyewitnesses said, the offices of government service agencies and economic targets had been set ablaze. A number of shops were attacked and/or looted...

All signs of Iraqi national guardsmen and police had disappeared. The police chief of Ninevah province resigned.

juancole.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
There goes our pride in our military we might be a super power but who cares we cant even take over a bunch of angry guys. It is a resistance, nothing can stop it. the more we try the more the get stronger and more determined. I lived in the middle east and know that aljazeera is a very respectable and trust worthy channel. although rarely they twist stuff. thats all. they wont lie though.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The baseless cynicism of some on this site is staggering.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
As more of their troops are trained, the insurgency will crumble.

Not until elections are held and they can be certain that A) it works and B) the new government is not a U.S. puppet regime. Right now the Iraqi troops don't really have a strong and symbolic government or strong ideals to fight for. It reminds me more and more of the Russian troops under Kerensky after the February revolution in 1917. Morale was bad enough under the czar, when the Kerensky interim government came to power it meant nothing to the troops.

And once again, this thread shows the difference of opinion depending on the side you're on. The poster who initiated this thread quoted Al-Jazeera. What's the difference between that and edsinger quoting Fox, bushcountry.org or other right-wing sources? And besides, it might be refreshing for Americans to see that the people who are "terrorists" to them are "freedom fighters" to others.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Not scornful. history proves it. french revolution, russia in the early 20th century. U cant force things apon people who stongly believe in something. At least not with war. for god sake this whole war against iraq was senseless why should we die for them. let them be. wouldnt u do the same thing and fight for america if some other force comes and tries to take over. If u dont them u dont care about our country.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join