It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Greer locks audience in lecture hall; bars doors, nobody in or out.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Then he broke the law:

California Fire Regulation

(e) Locking. Exit doors shall be openable from the direction of exit travel without the use of a key or any special knowledge or effort whenever the building is occupied.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

He also reports that Dr. Greer claimed that the US government has offered him two billion dollars to stop his disclosure efforts and his public speaking.

Link
--------------------------------------------

TheEthicalSkeptic
What about the subject you went to see originally? If I was being presented a creature, purportedly bearing a case of documented DNA which does not exist in the Earth's common ancestry of life,

"Ethical" and Greer.... I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Euw, sounds dangerous. If there were saboteurs in the midst does he expect them to come in uninvited and unpaid dressed in black suits and sunglasses?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Argyll
The only reason Greer hires bodyguards, is to fend off the gullible members of the public demanding refunds of the thousands of $$$ he's conned for showing people satellites, stars, planes and moths!

That was what immediately came to mind for me too. When the number of people you have ripped off and screwed over is as large as it is for Greer, there are bound to be a few within that group that don't take kindly to being ripped off and misled, and might come after him.

If he seriously believes what he says, really believes these all powerful government organizations exist, who have been guilty of all these horrible crimes, and possess all this manpower and advanced technology, what does he seriously think his bodyguards are going to do?

If you hire a bodyguard, you do so expecting that your bodyguard is capable of defending from the type of threat you are likely to see. The threats Greer claims he is under, are not the types of threats his bodyguards are capable of dealing with. Any "normal" person with a little bit of creativity and skill with firearms could easily take out Greer without any resistance, even with his "bodyguards"

Meaning, the threat he is facing is disgruntled former fans, not shadowy government organizations and their elite Jason Bourne like skills. And it's still very possible he isn't under any type of threat at all, and just hired them to feel like a badass, or to uphold his fake image of actually being important or relevant.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

TheEthicalSkeptic wrote:
What about the subject you went to see originally? If I was being presented a creature, purportedly bearing a case of documented DNA which does not exist in the Earth's common ancestry of life,...how the doors to the conference were managed, would not be what I wrote home about.

Ectoplasm8
"Ethical" and Greer.... I don't think so.

I did not call Greer 'ethical.'

edit on 13-9-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

draknoir2
"Purportedly" being the operational word.
Purported by Greer himself and disputed by his own paid scientific expert.

Yes draknoir, as usual you caught the operative word indeed.
I was wondering when the "Stanford Geneticist" was going to bail. Did he end up refuting the claim?

edit on 13-9-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As more of a casual, sceptically rational observer of UFO-related things than anything else, I'll admit that I don't know that much about Steven Greer. That said, except for the guy who claimed that there was some sort of huge alien base on the moon, his "Disclosure Conference" which I've seen on YouTube has always seemed to be one of the more convincing pieces of testimony in favour of UFO phenomena's reality. Furthermore, physicians are normally fairly lucid, intelligent people. Is there anybody around who would care to fill me in on the history with Dr. Greer, and how he went from getting together a room full of high-quality, credible witnesses to, well, this?

Diogenes

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

TheEthicalSkeptic

You seemed defensive of his comment. Hopefully you're not one of the supporters of this person.

--------------------------------------------

Yes draknoir, as usual you caught the operative word indeed.
I was wondering when the "Stanford Geneticist" was going to bail. Did he end up refuting the claim?

Link

GreWi: In "Sirius" you explain that the analysis of the mitochondrial DNA (mDNA) revealed without any doubt that the being's mother was a human woman indigenous to the Chilean area where the mummy was found (Haplogroup B2A). What is your analysis so far saying about the father?

Nolan: We are comparing the normal DNA with the known allele frequencies of indigenous natives of the South American continent. Yes, I expect that the DNA analysis will end with this being a human and the Father also a native of the area. While I am open minded about the result, I think it is safe to now conclude this specimen is, without a doubt, human.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Ectoplasm8

TheEthicalSkeptic

You seemed defensive of his comment. Hopefully you're not one of the supporters of this person.

I made no comment on anything Greer said. Hopefully you're not one of the thought tyrants who enjoys attacking and ridiculing people for even a hint, in your perception, of unauthorized thinking. Cuz that would be really lame.

I am not a Greer fan no, not at all. But all I hear is discourse about him, things over which I could care less. I am a supporter of the scientific method and falsification testing when it can be achieved, which purportedly needs to be completed on this small human now.

Nolan: We are comparing the normal DNA with the known allele frequencies of indigenous natives of the South American continent. Yes, I expect that the DNA analysis will end with this being a human and the Father also a native of the area. While I am open minded about the result, I think it is safe to now conclude this specimen is, without a doubt, human.

So they are going to do some casual predictive testing to confirm the parsimonious case, and stop there. Nolan is ducking out of the process. Thanks, this helps.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well, maybe I'm guilty of being shallow, but I wrote him off completely when he went all steroidy body-builder and got that cosmetic surgery.

Despite all his egomania, weirdness and confidence-man lies, he HAS been the only one to get some serious high level noise made about UFO's lately... and that really sucks, btw.

Though that little guy from the desert IS amazing, if the x-rays were legit.

But really, can't the field have a more stable spokesman... one that doesn't reek of falsehood and crazy? It's almost like they made him the prime public figurehead for the UFO realm on purpose to keep the mainstream from taking it seriously... hmm... hey! Wait a minute! That makes sens(Phht! Blurgh! Mmmph... thud... sound of body being dragged away).

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

TheEthicalSkeptic
I made no comment on anything Greer said. Hopefully you're not one of the thought tyrants who enjoys attacking and ridiculing people for even a hint, in your perception, of unauthorized thinking. Cuz that would be really lame.

No "thought tyrant" here. Only confused by how gullible people are. He preys on the naive knowing they are his staple for survival. Not saying that you are of course, only making a comment. But, I guess I join the other lame members that feel the same about Greer.

----------------------------------------------------

I am not a Greer fan no, not at all. But all I hear is discourse about him, things over which I could care less. I am a supporter of the scientific method and falsification testing when it can be achieved, which purportedly needs to be completed on this small human now.

He's at fault for any discourse. He does it to himself well enough every few years that you just have to sit back and watch.
----------------------------------------------------

So they are going to do some casual predictive testing to confirm the parsimonious case, and stop there. Nolan is ducking out of the process. Thanks, this helps.

Ducking out because of no funding? Up until this point, is there really anything concrete that points directly to this being an alien body? Other than Greer's own sensationalized claims?

Dr. Jürgen Spranger, who - like Lachman - is an international recognised expert on skeletal dysplasias and who examined the available x-ray-scans of the mummy and consulted some of his colleagues, with the following statement: 'All experts agree in the view that it (Ata) is a foetus, miscarriaged at the 24th week of pregnancy that suffered of the so-called 'Wiedemann-Rauterstrauch syndrome' (a form of progeria).

Link
-----------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing Greer will come out trying to raise more money because of the "inconclusive" results. I assume only adding to his credibility.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
We've had one person who was there testify that the doors were not locked and anyone who wanted to leave, could. As Greer is an emergency room physician and also does these kind of speeches all the time, I'm sure he's aware, as is the hotel, of fire regulations. I have seen the 'the doors are closed from a certain time and if you leave, you can't return' rule on occasion at conferences; I can understand this because constant comings and goings can be distracting to a serious presentation.

As to his 'just being in this for the money', he could have made far more just continuing his work as a physician; ED docs get in excess of 150K a year and in a big city, far more. He's given up millions to do this, in other words.

One of the ideas that keeps me coming back to these discussions and videos is the mere thought that ALL of these people have a lot to lose by coming forward and little to gain. Not only would I have to think long and hard about just public speaking if it were me, but even more so about the whacko 'fans' you'd attract. They at least must believe this stuff themselves and where does that lead us?

If I were Greer, I wouldn't trust the government OR the public, at all. Do you?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

NotSoAnonymous
reply to post by FlyingTeacup

I use to like Greer up until recently when his whole way of being Changed. He makes way to many outrages claims & has jumped on the political bandwagon by connecting Global Warming to Covering Up Alien technology. He claims that technology being held back is Free Energy that will solve all our problems. While I believe TPTB do have alternative energy that is being held back so they can keep their Billion $ industries going,

I don't believe in this at all. There's no such thing as "free" energy, and if it is anything like the proponents imagined it would still take large-scale technology and capital investment. There would be plenty of money to be made.

Is "wind energy" "free energy"? Yes, and no. Anything else would be the same.

A different reason why "free energy" could be supressed is entirely different, what if it were easily weaponizable? I don't want Hezbollah making megaton-level bombs in a backyard. That's probably a pretty legitimate reason to control it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join