It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Monetary System “What if” Scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I’ve been thinking for some time now, about a certain possibility – a “what if” scenario, if I might say so. So, I decided to lay here a part of my thoughts and see what you guys think about it, its reality, possibility and viability and what would happen if it happens. However, let me start with a little background that I’m sure most of you are quite familiar with but, nevertheless, this background would establish a nice base for the “what if” scenario I will propose.

By now, the year 2013, most people that are at least a little bit “not so stupid” (  ) have understood, at least to some degree, the real mechanisms and principles of the monetary system that we now “enjoy” and have “enjoyed” for at least a century. Namely  money = debt. So, through this system, there are almost ZERO nations on this planet right now, that do not owe a lot of money (actually more or less all their money/resources) either to some governments or the Banking Cartels (one is pretty much equal to the other since the Banking Cartels own most of the world governments).

Let’s take, for example, the US since it is currently the best historical example of debt/money slavery of a population. All US Dollars are technically owned by the Federal Reserve Bank/s that own most of the other World Banks and Corporations but that’s another story, so don’t let me get off track  …. So, the US people do not own THEIR money and hence do not own THEIR resources. Since they need most of these resources, they are automatically in debt the second they are born since later on they will definitely have to work whatever they can find in order to get some money supply that is essentially a debt.

But wait a minute, wait a minute…. How come the bankers already own the money and hence the resources? When did that happen? The Fed prints dollars and gives them to the banks in order to be lent out to the people – with high interest of course, which is another subject altogether. But where did the Fed get the money? They didn’t – they just printed them out. So, basically, since the bankers (Fed in particular) did not have the money in the first place since these money were not even there before being printed but the resources were there and were NATIONAL (national means  owned by the people), technically and in reality, the resources are and should be owned by the population. Of course, there is much more to this than specified here, but it is enough to lay the basis of the “what if” scenario.

So, WHAT IF, at some point very soon, a nation like America or UK or any other more western nation decides that “Hey, we owe like 10 trillion dollars to …. a bank????. But (applying the logic I just presented before that), the resources are ours and hence the money should be ours so we don’t actually owe them anything, not to mention the interest….. We are not paying!!!” And imagine that the UK decides not to pay and just continue producing its own resources and continues using their own currency that is not inflated but is a more or less a precise measurement of the resources that the nation has in production at the present.
Now, of course, if this is an isolated incident, like just 1-2-3 nations do that and they are smaller and less economically significant than either the US or UK, they will be economically and, if needed, militarily crushed (the bankers have the NATO army at their disposal.. duh..) in no time in order to give a lesson to the others and bring “balance” to the old, morally and socially unjust monetary system of total financial control through debt slavery. However, if a chain reaction occurs and after the first 1-2-3 countries do that through the actions and desires of more than 50 % of their populations (normal people like you and me) and within 1 or 2 months another 10 countries follow suit, again through the waking up masses within their borders. What if after that, another 20,30, 40 countries do that, including some of the NATO countries?
I know that this sounds catastrophic and somewhat unlikely when, even in this age of relative enlightenment, so many people don’t even know about all this and it’s happening in front of their very eyes. However, even if most people are not aware and do not consider such an option – all revolutions are initiated by a relatively small number of the population and after that most of the others follow.
The alternatives to a “what if” scenario such as this one are much worse, if you really think about it. If we don’t do something like that and the elite’s control over the planet just increases and increases, crisis after crisis, artificially created to put us even more on our knees, there will never be true and sustainable happiness in our lives and the hatred, crimes, murders and corruption will continue to hold our minds and teach our children that this is the “natural” way of humanity and thus the system will perpetuate itself ad infinitum.

It is always darkest before dawn. Unfortunately, I believe that we totally and definitely need a shift/crisis of the magnitude I just described in order to see the light of day. Otherwise, there will be war, forever and ever and ever – until, of course, the planet itself dies  .

What say you? Is this possible to happen and if it does, what will happen after that?

Oh, and btw mods, if I’m in the wrong forum, please do move my thread, I’m sorry in advance.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The bond market has been important in the creation of new money. Basically, the government receives loans off people. The government offers interest to get people investing, which does feed back into inflation as more money is needed to cover the repayments.

How the balance sheet has also been used in the generation of capital is of concern. It has allowed financial institutions to create money to meet demand, which has had some beneficial results in terms of growth but also had some bad results in terms of implementation and management.

As for what if a nation declares bankruptcy? Kinda depends on how much and who it owes, worst case: the nations currency becomes toilet paper, the following social disorder will most likely topple as the government and bring on martial law. If a nation is able to pay of it's debts and keep the vultures at bay then the local economy will do quite well for a while. As for maintaining this position long term is not easy.

Iceland is one good example of telling the banks to get lost, a lot of the investors in those banks lost their funds. There have been a lot of investigations and charges brought against the bankers involved. The government accounts in Iceland's seams to be doing better than it's neighbors, has been a while since the last update.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Exactly. Almost all of it. However, you said declare bankruptcy. In my opinion, in reality there is no such thing as bankruptcy, especially if many countries do it since they still have the resources right there. I'm not talking about an isolated occurence with 1 or 2 or 3 countries. I'm talking about a chain reaction that will get most of the world countries to do the same. Not to declare bankruptcy but say - "Hey, those money were not yours to begin with so, we're not paying them back and we're gonna use our own". This may destroy a country and the world will remain more or less the same. However, if all countries do it.... well.....

Thanks for the opinion, it was great.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Slevinq

It depends on how all the countries go about eliminating their debt. If they just rush into it and pull the plug then the flow on effects to most of the main financial institutions will result in significant anarchy and disorder. Global trade will be significantly disrupted with many if not most banks around the world closing there doors while the implications are assessed, some might survive, some will go. It will be quite messy and painful as social trade grinds to a halt while the books are readjusted.

If a strong and clear global consensus is reached in terms of better banking policy it will take more time to affect the changes, but it will be in a much more reasoned, appropriate and responsible way.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Great reply. Very intelligent and true. However, do you think that something like this will happen? I mean the almost simultaneous rejection of debt as a whole by a great number of countries?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Slevinq

Looking at the long terms trends in the balance of power there is a great deal of hope. The history of the IMF is covered in blood and exploitation, yet it has been important in helping to establish a global norm with the USD and all that entails. The CFR (US Council of Foreign Relations) use to hold executive power of the IMF, same mob pushing Syria and Iran at the moment to let you know where they stand and how they play.

A few years ago the G20 took control of the IMF, it was a good day. It has not been easy with the main divide between the western nations US, UK, Europe, Australia and the BRIC nations Brazil, Russia, China, India. The IMF table is still standing and these nations are still talking which is good. There are a lot of complex issues involved that do take time to sort out.

top topics

join