It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin's hypocrisy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

What can be said? He is KGB, through and through, a dictator that manipulates the elections, jails dissidents, closes down newspapers and radio and tv stations that oppose him..... remember this.... before Hitler turned on the Russians, they were on HIS side of the war! Stalin killed more people than Hitler. And the Berlin Wall was to keep people in, not out, same with the Iron Curtain. The leopard hasn't changed its spots.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

LEGAL.

Repeat after me... "LEGAL".

ack, someone is very lawful here huh? A legal dictator? So if Jews in WW2 tried to fight the Brownshirts you would have sided with the legal government of zee Germans?

How about Kim Jong Un? Do side will with all dictators on general lawful principles?

V

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Man it's gotta suck being Obama. The first prez in over 20 years that has to deal with a leader with the means and the WILL to tell him to screw himself. Kinda refreshing actually.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

sonnny1
I am highly cynical of all the ATS "love" of Vladimir Putin. Thread after thread, I read on how this man is a beacon of Peace and Security in the ME, and of Syria. How thumbing his nose at America or pointing the finger makes him look like a genius. How he has the solution to the problem, while he himself "saber rattles" with the best of them.

Regardless of who used Chemical weapons, the Conventional weapons that Putin has sold Assad has killed much more. That is a FACT.
[/url]

In order for any of the original posts viewpoint on Syria to have any value one must first take the side of the rebels. I see NOTHING wrong with Russia aiding assad from a terrorist uprising. You support the terrorists? I'm confused why America is not bombing the al-qaeda elements in Syria but instead side with them. Has everyone lost their minds?? You sir have lost your mind as well.. Long live Assad and go go SAA!

edit on 14-9-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So Putin is funding the Syrian Army and Obama is funding the Islamic terrorists who are the same fanatics that bought two three towers on 911 and Putin is the bad man here..?

He is no angel but his doing more to keep the US out of war than the US President. That seems messed up to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

sonnny1

Regardless of who used Chemical weapons, the Conventional weapons that Putin has sold Assad has killed much more. That is a FACT.

A fact is also that Russia supplying weapons to a legally elected government withing international laws.

Another fact is somebody is supplying weapons to the very people that eat hearts. Guess who ?

The CIA has begun delivering weapons to rebels in Syria, ending months of delay in lethal aid that had been promised by the Obama administration, according to U.S. officials and Syrian figures.
"Washingtonpost"

Why cant those who are willing to demonize the United States for its role with Israel see that this is no different? That this is about power, and control in that area ? That Putin really doesn't care, or the offer Putin has made could have come years ago ?

Why should Putin care ? if he cared he would have become a Pope he is just another player at the world poker game and a pretty good one. Every player looking for its countries best interests be it Putin, Obama , Cameron or Xi Jinping. Its just happen that he can push the Peacekeeping agenda at the same time as putting pressure on the American government , lucky hand.

So far, Russia has been the only nation deeply involved in the Syrian conflict -- other than Syria's neighbors, who, according to new UN figures, have taken in more than 2 million refugees, most of whom presumably were afraid of being killed by those Russian weapons.

The newspapers that written those words are extremely pro western shifting the blame intentionally on Russia and Putin, the same newspaper mentions that the Rebels are NOT responsible for the chemical attacks. Apparently the people writing those articles have already hard proof before the UN inspectors, probably the same proof that so far the Obama administration is yet to present, laughable.

You making it sound like the Russians are doing the killing in Syria along with the Syrian Government. Are implying the Rebels are the beacon of freedom in Syria or something ?

Why is it that Russia cannot condemn Syria for what the World sees as an atrocity ?

But is has since the begging

MOSCOW: Russia on Friday condemned the latest reported massacre in Syria as a “bloody atrocity” which it blamed on forces that want to foment inter-ethnic conflict and civil war.

Russia has at various times used its UN Security Council position to block resolutions that would condemn the Syrian government (often in concert with China), including blocking the first and second drafts of a Franco-British sponsored attempt to condemn the use of force by the Syrian government.

Lets be clear here again the point here is twisted, Russia and China abstained their votes during Lybia and let the West establish a no fly zone which later become a bombing zone , ground operation zone, murdering Gaddafi zone , Bengazi zone and finally Lybia becoming Al Qaeda operation base. Is this the condemnation we are talking about?. If China and Russia di not put veto , Syria would now be tasting Airborn Democracy , same killing of innocent civilians just with democratic principal in mind. I think Russia and China has seen enough of this democracy from the sky so is the rest of the world.

Clearly, he is a man who "cares" deeply for humanity.....
(sarcasm)

People do not go into politics for humanity i know no politician who is , only those who have no power can afford such luxurious words.

Even the Arab League has called on Russia to stop arming the Assad regime, saying "any assistance to violence must be ceased because when you supply military equipment, you help kill people."

The Hypocrisy is in full swing.

Seriously ???? I can twist those words Vice-Versa and throw them back at you and it will hold the same truth.

Euractiv, an EU news website, reported on a Russian document that says the government will do everything in its power to assure the defeat of Ukraine's president, Viktor Yanukovych, in the next presidential election and install a staunchly pro-Russian candidate, Viktor Medvedchuk, in his place.

Hypocrisy much?

Orange revolution ring any bells ? It is just the same game of West or Russia interference. Russia just does not to see another NATO base at its borders. As the USA does not want to see another Russian base in Cuba. Striking logic.

Have people forgotten how many people have died under his leadership also ?

Chechen, Russian, and Georgians would agree.

That is a broad comment blowing it out of proportion. The 2 chechen campaings were under Boris Yelsin
What Russians are you implying ? Georgians are the one who started the conflict in the first place , leveling Tshinvali to the ground with artillery shells. Yet you forcefully trying to twist and make Putin responsible.

I could go on an on about your comments, but there is distinct issue that is obvious, you trying with all your might and by providing one sided pro western extremely broad i could also throw there false in some cases statements by trying hard to make Putin look like some kind of tyrant and mass murdered.
I see extreme resemblance with McCain speech.

Nobody said Putin is a saint but west is twisting a lot of things about him, that is the real hypocrisy.He is just a player at the world game, to understand his actions one can only look at who his opponents are and what lays on the board. So far he has the upper hand, Calling BS by what it is a BS .
edit on 14-9-2013 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

sonnny1

Where is the outrage for all of Putin's Victims? Where are the protests?

They're internal. As they should be. People need to stop concerning themselves with how other countries conduct their own internal affairs. It's nobody's business.

Show me a leader who isn't a hypocrite and I'll show you a follower.

Go to the eastern Hemisphere and you'll start to lose count of how many countries sell different types of weapons to each other, then come out publicly and ask for peace on earth. It's laughable. Then there's the U.S. who won't beat around that bush. They'll just come over and kick your sh*t down then lie about why they did it, yet they're the good guys because their political ideology says so. Again, it's laughable.

If you're looking for a leader in this world who's a saint, good luck.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Don't you get it OP?

The US political system is so Fubar'd and people hate Obama so much because of the smears, insinuations, lies and downright crap that's made up about him out there in internet land by trolls, racists (in some cases, but not all) and idiots ~ and the small minority who care
about politics ~ that they would prefer to laud the Russian President.

Times have changed indeed.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

SLAYER69

buster2010
Before spouting stuff like that off you need to learn what a patriot is first. A patriot stands for what is best for his country not stand for his government. Right now Putin is pointing out what America is doing wrong and the patriots are ones agreeing with him. And as Jefferson stated that resistance to government can be a valuable thing.

Unless you resist Putin's Guberment, then you end up dead.

Right?

Unlike you I'm not in Russia so I don't care what happens in Russia.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

buster2010
Unlike you I'm not in Russia so I don't care what happens in Russia.

But you'll go bat # crazy about what happens or transpires in Syria eh?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

edit on 14-9-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

jaxnmarko
reply to post by sonnny1

What can be said? He is KGB, through and through, a dictator that manipulates the elections, jails dissidents, closes down newspapers and radio and tv stations that oppose him..... remember this.... before Hitler turned on the Russians, they were on HIS side of the war! Stalin killed more people than Hitler. And the Berlin Wall was to keep people in, not out, same with the Iron Curtain. The leopard hasn't changed its spots.

Agree.

Like Ive said before, Putin is a hypocrite and all the smooth talking words he says are just placating those who want to see the West fall. None of his supporters can see him as the animal he is.

If they really cared they would look at Putin for who he is and what he has done. That's if they cared about the innocent people that have died, and will die while he is in power.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

neformore
Don't you get it OP?

The US political system is so Fubar'd and people hate Obama so much because of the smears, insinuations, lies and downright crap that's made up about him out there in internet land by trolls, racists (in some cases, but not all) and idiots ~ and the small minority who care
about politics ~ that they would prefer to laud the Russian President.

Times have changed indeed.

What I get is that people dont hold all leaders to the same standards they want the US to have.

We both know 100% that Putin is dirty to the core.

Seriously Nef, its that type of Hypocrisy that makes me believe that people are fake, and are just rooting for the West and Americas downfall. WHY is it that most folks in this thread would rather circumvent the facts with the typical "but,but,but" ? Its intellectually dishonest to not hold this man to the same standards people hold Obama to, or any other World leader for that matter.

I expect more out of people, not an "excuse" as to why he is loved, or is lauded.

Right now, another person in Syria dies because Putin's weapons are being used on them. That is the saddest part.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

purplemer
reply to post by sonnny1

So Putin is funding the Syrian Army and Obama is funding the Islamic terrorists who are the same fanatics that bought two three towers on 911 and Putin is the bad man here..?

He is no angel but his doing more to keep the US out of war than the US President. That seems messed up to me.

This thread isn't about Obama though. Its about Putin. And no, I wont say hes even a "little better" then Obama. Hes the same if not worse.

He has his OWN interests he cares about. The Syrian people isn't one of them. Ive stated this before. If he truly cared about Syria and its people Putin would have stepped up 2 years ago with a plan that worked. He didn't. He sold them even more conventional weapons

If Obama is a Warmonger, as I believe, I put Putin right next to him.

Another war profiteer who only cares about himself and the money he can make. Another "leader" who cares about power, at the expense of innocent people.

He is no better then any other murderer out there.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Still not as bad as US hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I preface this post by appologizing to those who have "vested interest" in this argument but the simple truth of the matter is "Vladimir Putin's hypocracy"...is NO different from Mister Soetoro's or any other politician walking the face of the Earth. It IS in fact the EXACT same.
Trying to compare ANY of these professional liars is like engaging in a: "My daddy can beat the snot outta YOUR daddy" contest while stomping around the playground at recess like a spoiled brat.
IMHO it's just more pointless rhetoric to distract the sonambulent masses from what's really going on.
Blaming Putin for what's happening is like (how do I put this delicately?) blaming Hernandez for everything Sandusky has done.
Please people, do not be distracted by the puppet show...but what do I know.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Clearly, he is a man who "cares" deeply for humanity

This idea of Universal/Global benevolence is such phoney illuminati idea.
Imperial empires have never given a # about any peoples or nation except their $trategic interests end of story!.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Eryiedes
I preface this post by appologizing to those who have "vested interest" in this argument but the simple truth of the matter is "Vladimir Putin's hypocracy"...is NO different from Mister Soetoro's or any other politician walking the face of the Earth. It IS in fact the EXACT same.
Trying to compare ANY of these professional liars is like engaging in a: "My daddy can beat the snot outta YOUR daddy" contest while stomping around the playground at recess like a spoiled brat.
IMHO it's just more pointless rhetoric to distract the sonambulent masses from what's really going on.
Blaming Putin for what's happening is like (how do I put this delicately?) blaming Hernandez for everything Sandusky has done.

-Peace-

The whole point of the thread was to SHOW the hypocrisy. Not really a blame game thing though. Its to show those who want to say this man is something he is not, and to show those who are so hard on other World leaders need to take the same litmus test to this man.

Thanks for the reply, BTW. You are correct.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You're right in pointing out that Putin is a monster.

But consider this aspect:
Mankind has witnessed (in recent decades and throughout history) what undisputed, unlimited superpowers do to the world.

Frankly speaking, the current imperial foreign policies of the U.S. Government need to stop, for the good of all (even for the good of the U.S. herself) and now it looks like Putin is playing his part in this (for his own sinister reasons).

It would have been better if those policies were ended by the American people themselves, but alas this was not the case... so sadly, sometimes we need a monster to limit another monster.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

sonnny1

Eryiedes

-Peace-

The whole point of the thread was to SHOW the hypocrisy. Not really a blame game thing though. Its to show those who want to say this man is something he is not, and to show those who are so hard on other World leaders need to take the same litmus test to this man.

Thanks for the reply, BTW. You are correct.

Why do you care what is Putin or not? Do we question Obama for what he does to Americans?

I do not care what Putin does to Russia or what Obama does to USA.

I care very much when USA fights wars on behalf of Saudi and engages in genocide.

So you keep your hypocrisy to yourself.

Ask yourself why the hell you are posting disinformation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join