Vladimir Putin's hypocrisy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I am highly cynical of all the ATS "love" of Vladimir Putin. Thread after thread, I read on how this man is a beacon of Peace and Security in the ME, and of Syria. How thumbing his nose at America or pointing the finger makes him look like a genius. How he has the solution to the problem, while he himself "saber rattles" with the best of them.

Regardless of who used Chemical weapons, the Conventional weapons that Putin has sold Assad has killed much more. That is a FACT.

Is the Hatred for the Untied States that much, that folks are willfully ignoring Russia's own Military aid that has caused so much bloodshed in Syria?

Why cant those who are willing to demonize the United States for its role with Israel see that this is no different? That this is about power, and control in that area ? That Putin really doesn't care, or the offer Putin has made could have come years ago ?

So far, Russia has been the only nation deeply involved in the Syrian conflict -- other than Syria's neighbors, who, according to new UN figures, have taken in more than 2 million refugees, most of whom presumably were afraid of being killed by those Russian weapons.

Why is it that Russia cannot condemn Syria for what the World sees as an atrocity ?

Russia has at various times used its UN Security Council position to block resolutions that would condemn the Syrian government (often in concert with China), including blocking the first and second drafts of a Franco-British sponsored attempt to condemn the use of force by the Syrian government.

Clearly, he is a man who "cares" deeply for humanity.....
(sarcasm)

Even the Arab League has called on Russia to stop arming the Assad regime, saying "any assistance to violence must be ceased because when you supply military equipment, you help kill people."

The Hypocrisy is in full swing.

"Nobody has the right to decide for other nations who should be in power and who should not."~ Putin

But....

last month, Russia began blocking imports from Ukraine, the former Soviet republic, because that government was planning to sign a trade agreement with the European Union.

Euractiv, an EU news website, reported on a Russian document that says the government will do everything in its power to assure the defeat of Ukraine's president, Viktor Yanukovych, in the next presidential election and install a staunchly pro-Russian candidate, Viktor Medvedchuk, in his place.

Hypocrisy much?

Have people forgotten how many people have died under his leadership also ?

Chechen, Russian, and Georgians would agree.

"Between 150,000 and 160,000 dead - this is the death toll of the two campaigns," Interfax news agency quoted Taus Dzhabrailov, the head of Chechnya's interim Parliament, as saying.

And that he also doesn't have a problem of..violating international law.

Maybe we dont hear much about the real Putin. Maybe all those Journalist inside Russia fear for their own lives, and are unwilling to shed light on him or his persona. Maybe state sponsored News is only concerned on what Putin has done while fishing, or what charismatic Photo OP Putin has taken.

Journalism is a dangerous profession in Russia: No less than 261 journalists have been killed there since the fall of the Soviet Union. The killers are hardly ever found. The recent murder of Russian investigative reporter Anna Politkovskaya may now become a major political issue.

One thing is for certain ATS.

If you want to know a true Hypocrite, look no further to Vladimir Putin. Hold ALL leaders to the same standards and accountability, Or dont hold them to any. Remember, Its leaders like this who are calling the shots. Scary times indeed.

And Don't worry folks. You can leave your opinion of this thread without the fear of anyone on ATS giving you a dose of polonium-210. Hopefully.

Vladimir Putin

Russia's role in the Syrian civil war

Chechen official puts death toll for 2 wars at up to 160,000

Vladimir Putin's galling hypocrisy on Syria

Russian Journalist Murdered: Is Russia's Press Freedom Dead?

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Plenty of hypocrisy to go around. But in this instance, they're right.

While they're no angels, the only nation openly attacking and invading other nations, is the US.

Preemptive, lie based wars. Someone said that preemptive warfare was invented by Hitler.

It actually would have been nice if Russia had intervened to stop the attacks on Iraq and Libya. Hell, maybe even help out with the victims of the US's drone wars.

Think of it in terms of our elections, picking the lesser of two evils. Both choices suck, but the one choice is slightly less sucky.

edit on 13-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I hear ya, but I don't think it's love of Putin that's the problem.

It's the love of anything that puts the US gov.in its place. That's how bad it has gotten here in good ol' America. We now have to quote a psychopathic dictator to discredit a psychopathic dictator.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

gladtobehere

While they're no angels, the only nation openly attacking and invading other nations, is the US.

I'm not buying that.

Putin has blood on his hands. This isn't about the United States. This is about the lack of holding Putin accountable for the very thing he is pointing his finger at.

The whole point of the OP was to ask WHY so much love for a outright murderer. Putin is just a slick version of Stalin without the extra zeros on the death chart.

Sad.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

rockintitz
I hear ya, but I don't think it's love of Putin that's the problem.

It's the love of anything that puts the US gov.in its place. That's how bad it has gotten here in good ol' America. We now have to quote a psychopathic dictator to discredit a psychopathic dictator.

You summed it up well.

Its what I see also.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Wish I could give multiple S/Fs

Nicely laid out, I feel exactly the same..
It's almost as though peoples distrust and hatred for their own government transends the reality on the ground.
Like supporting dictators is a "fad" these days.
I don't like the term "sheeple" but I think we know who the sheeple are here ...

edit on 13-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sorry, butting in here inbetween clients...

SO!

Who does not have blood on their hands???

So easy to use the phrase "blood on their hands!"

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It isn't about attacking the USA as a rotten country through and through. Its been about Obama demanding yet another war. Its always about the policies that drive wars. Everyone knows that the people of the USA give huge amounts of aid to try to help, the people of the USA are fine, just the politicians who have always seem to be in one ME country. Exactly the same thing can be said about my country the UK.

Regarding Russia, unfortunately what Putin says has been the only one who made sense when USA, UK and France were sabre rattling, the rest of the world seemed pretty mute or not interested.

Every country has motives that help it when dealing with policy and the wealth created for our super rich so control of Ukraine does not surprise me in the slightest. I would not even want to know about my Government's policy these days but unfortunately one only has to look at what is actually happening to know whose hands are already in play.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The whole point of the OP was to ask WHY so much love for a outright murderer. Putin is just a slick version of Stalin without the extra zeros on the death chart.

Says who? Obama? I'll send your neighborhood a drone Obama? For real?

Keep waving your flag.. Won't benefit you in anything, but go on...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

sonnny1

gladtobehere

I'm not buying that.

Putin has blood on his hands. This isn't about the United States. This is about the lack of holding Putin accountable for the very thing he is pointing his finger at.

Sad.

And NOT ONE Single president of the United States was or is an outright murderer? Can you respond to that?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Ops point isn't that leaders haven't killed throughout the ages...
It's that Putin is no hero.

I don't see how saying " ya but so and so killed so and so" is a valid argument on this thread?

peace

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Rodinus

Who does not have blood on their hands???

Exactly.

Where is the outrage for all of Putin's Victims? Where are the protests?

As I said before, WHY cant we hold these leaders to the same standards as others? WHY so much love on ATS for Putin?

Its almost scary on what I have read lately. If you dont believe me check for yourself. We have to stop rationalizing that even a few deaths in the hands of Bad Leadership, is the same as Millions.

Just MHO. I am saddened at all the bloodshed that Governments have taken part in, My Country included. It is why I believe Obama is a criminal. Just like I believe Putin is also, Rodinus. Unfortunately on ATS, Putin gets a pass.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Hellas
reply to post by sonnny1

Says who? Obama? I'll send your neighborhood a drone Obama? For real?

Keep waving your flag.. Won't benefit you in anything, but go on...

Read through my post history.

This isn't about rah rah America.

You will see how I feel about this.. Tell me, have you seen ANY thread on ATS that has shown Putin to be a Hypocrite? I haven't. Fact is I have seen people claim hes a better leader then Obama. How can ANYONE compare two murderers? Really, how can they? Are we desensitized to it all that we start to judge leaders like a game show?

Hold Putin Accountable!

Hold Obama Accountable!

Just dont tell me one is better then the other.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Rodinus

And NOT ONE Single president of the United States was or is an outright murderer? Can you respond to that?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I agree.

But we are talking about how folks are giving Putin a pass. See, you have not talked about Putin once, but instead have pointed the finger at America. Exactly what I thought would happen in this thread.

There are thousands of threads that have hold America to the fire. Why cant we hold Putin to the very thing you want to hold America and its leaders to?

Hypocrisy indeed.

Are you going to deny Putin's own atrocities, his place in Syria's mess?

Or are you going to hold America to being the only problem.

I hold them all to the same standard. This is what I am trying to get others to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

sonnny1

gladtobehere

I'm not buying that.

Sad.

what?
force the US military to GTFO from the middle east, watch the increasing peace as Israel backs off like a little scared kitten, THEN tell us that it all wasn't US government's fault.

the whole situation in Syria is caused by rebels backed by US government. Russia sells weapons to Assad so he can defend his own country from terrorists trying to tear it down from within. you're ok with USA financing terrorists while you blame Russia for helping sovereign country and you call Putin a hypocrite? look in the mirror.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I've stated this before but it bears repeating. There is a power vacuum right now. We have a weak, innefectual US president, so in the absence of strong leadership, Putin stepped in.

The Putin fan-club is simply acknowledging his power. Some gravitate to it. Too many are unable to distinguish between leadership and bad leadership.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Putin may be bad leadership, but Obama is just puppetship.

yay, i invented new word

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I was waiting for a thread like this to pop up. Sonnny, you're right on all accounts. Although i do not think many folks really believe Putin is the new beacon of Peace, the staunch defender of Democracy and all that is good in the World.

When i look at the governments in every single major country, east or west, the consortium of political elite and the industry supporting it - i can only see one other 'group' closely resembling it - the Mafia.

Any display of moral values is opportunistic, claims about human rights and international law are only empty words, appeals to emotion, smoke and mirrors to mask selfish agendas.

They all have blood on their hands. No Exemptions.

Putin sells weapons to Syria - Assad kills his own people - Western Powers in concert with other Arab nations support, fund and train militants to help them topple any regime that has 'fallen out of favor'.

I can fully understand your frustration, i feel the same. But tell me, who is not guilty of the same kind of Hypocricy?

EU arms exports to Libya: who armed Gaddafi?

There's no doubt that European weapons are today being used to kill Libyans.

Start with the official figures: €343 million of weapons sold in 2009 alone. The EU Observer, Deutsche Welle and Der Spiegel summarize those numbers and examine what is behind them.

The key points are:

• The EU granted export licenses for €834.5m worth of arms exports in the first five years after the arms embargo was lifted in October 2004
• 2009 is the highest amount ever: €343.7m
• Italy is the top exporter, with €276.7m over the five years
• The UK got off to a big start in 2005, with €58.9m of the €72.2m total. UK licenses over the five years are worth €119.35m
• Malta saw some €79.7m of guns go through the Island en route to Libya in 2009 - apparently sold via an Italian company

The U.S. Is Buying Arms From Russia

For the past year, the Obama administration has been criticizing Russia for selling weapons to Syria and blocking the United Nations from condemning the conflict that’s killed more than 10,000 people. Yet at the same time, the U.S. has been buying military helicopters from an unlikely source: the same Russian-government-owned company that Congress says is arming the Syrian regime. Since May 2011, the Pentagon has paid Rosoboronexport $411 million for 21 Mi-17 helicopters.

edit on 13-9-2013 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

jedi_hamster
reply to post by beezzer

Putin may be bad leadership, but Obama is just puppetship.

yay, i invented new word

Obama is only a puppet to his own inflated personal image. Obama thinks he's infallible, ergo, he must be infallible.

Putin saw an oppourtunity and ran with it.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I think the answer is very simple. The US government is trying to start yet another war. People on ATS don't want that to happen, someone needs to stop it. Russia seems like the ones that can stop it, thus the Putin fanboys.

There is also the fact that Putin, regardless of his motivations, is speaking truthfully about the US and their actions. He is spot on how he's calling this whole situation. His behavior and words relating to the Syria situation resonate with people, he is cutting straight to the heart of the matter, and calling out the US government on its garbage. Few other countries, or leaders have the balls to do this.

I don't like Putin as a man, his record speaks for itself, he isn't a good guy. But that doesn't mean we can't listen to and agree with what he's saying if it makes sense. If Adolf Hitler suggested that everybody stop fighting and get along, it's not a bad idea simply because he's the one that said it.

However there do seem to be some people who legitimately like Putin, and think he is a great leader and a great person. I can see the leader part, but not the person part. Not living in Russia, people have less perspective and are far more ignorant about what actually goes on it Russia, which probably contributes to their liking of the man.

S&F, I think you made an excellent point and I hope more people realize the truth about Putin. But I think it's possible to separate Putin the man, and Putin the leader. And Putin the leader, currently, has a lot going for him in the eyes of the west.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join