It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Just Lit Up Again With a New Swarm- happening now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

AlexanderM
I am not an expert, but the YS swarms tend to be small quakes, when we start seeing 3.0 and above it can get people to take notice. So one aspect is the size of the quakes, don't like seeing 3.0 and above.

When talking about volcanoes, the small quakes that happen in same place means that magma is flowing. It doesn't cause stronger earthquakes. The large earthquake only happens when volcano is going to erupt, like just before eruption.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kusmanklute

Wow, that comment shows just how little you understand about Yellowstone and volcano's in general.
If it blows, its not a 'american' issue, its global issue.
You sitting in your lil home half way accost the world will feel the very real and serious implications.
Besides, most americans are not like their stupid leaders. We dont agree with the crap our country is
doing either. But like all people of the world, not a lot we can do about it.

(post by Overone5150 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Overone5150

And where do you live? Do you live in smart people land where they drink peace and eat love?

What kind of person are you to wish for people to die? Hate much?

GEEZ! I can't believe some people!!!

On Topic:
TA... THANK YOU for keeping us up to date. I have been watching the swarm myself and have wondered if this is normal or not. Is it? When was the last swarm and how to compare?

Keep us posted as the only ones I see on a day to day basis are from USGS and I have not checking the micro quakes.
edit on 14-9-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

they live in Jellystone Park

(post by Overone5150 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Domo, I stumbled upon this thread while trying to learn more about Yellowstone back in '98. It's incredibly large and full of a mulititude of links that can help you in your quest. On many pages in the thread, there are compilations of links to some very informative stuff. Wade in, take your time and enjoy!
What's Going On At Yellowstone?

edit on 14-9-2013 by sageturkey because: Removed text

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Last night I got on ATS just to see what's going on these days ( haven't posted in a long while) but I saw that the strange sky sounds were occurring again this year. Coincidence ? The sounds seem geomagnetic to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Here is a link to what scientists think the sounds are - in the sky and may be generated by earthquakes, volcanoes, etc. Seem to think it's frequently present - just not normally heard by humans (may explain animal behavior). In any case it's a good and easy read.

www.sott.net...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I dont know how normal is Volcano activity but i have watch this page for over month now and there has shown Volcano activity everyday around the globe. They also found that world largest Volcano under ocean, wonder maybe things are connected somehow.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

romilo
I dont know how normal is Volcano activity but i have watch this page for over month now and there has shown Volcano activity everyday around the globe. They also found that world largest Volcano under ocean, wonder maybe things are connected somehow.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Of course, there is always volcano erupting somewhere. Its good sign, we should really worry if volcano wasn't erupting. Sometimes there is more volcanic activity, sometimes less. Now there isn't much going on.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ok, finally have a day off here, and can answer some questions.

Currently, YS is still in a normal state of seismicity, even with multiple swarms occurring simultaneously in different parts of the caldera- according to the YVO. I will pass on this link, and I suggest you guys bookmark it for future reference. Because at the end of the day, the YVO are the people responsible.

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

If there is any activity worthy of note, it will be summarized in those activity reports.

Basically, seismic activity at Yellowstone is so high over the course of a year, that it would take some pretty serious events for the YVO to raise the alert level from normal:

1) The discovery of volcanic tremor and/or long period events- which as far as I know have never ever been detected at Yellowstone. And let's hope we never do detect them. But as with all active volcanoes, one must remain vigilant to insure that if and when tremor/LP does occur, we catch it as soon as possible. This can potentially be a daunting task for some areas of the park where seismometers are sparse- particularly in the southwestern area. MCID remains an isolated station, and those that follow my posts may know of the previous battles I've had with scientists over certain signatures I keep detecting there- but that don't confirm on other stations.

2) A dramatic change in the rate of caldera uplift- or even subsidence.

3) A change in chemical composition and/or quantity of gasses coming from it- that would trend towards increased presence of magmatic melting, as opposed to increasing crystallization.

4) A sudden increase in thermal signatures, indicating that more heat is present than before.

5) A marked increase in the magnitudes and frequency of swarming earthquakes. As others here have pointed out- when top magnitudes start reaching into 3's and 4's, that is not good. But even then scientists might not raise the alert level- unless along with them tremor/LP's were detected. If swarming quakes starting reaching peak magnitudes into the 5's however, that would be a game changer.

Monitoring YS is a careful balancing act, between all the factors that would point to an imminent eruption. The normal activity baseline has been established over a lot years of watching it. My scientific contacts have expressed an interest in reporting swarms to them though, and so when one starts and I detect it, I fire off an email note immediately after I see more than 15 events.

My primary interest is being watchful for tremor/LP's, during overnight hours when, as you can see from what happened here, the USGS and UU are not reporting right away what is going on.

Yellowstone is not something we can ever take lightly. We must never become complacent with it, and allow the high seismic baseline to ever beat us with a surprise BOOM out of nowhere. It is so huge that I take every single swarm very seriously, because you never know if that might be the one that is the signal. No one can say if the current high seismic baseline might actually be part of the long ramp up to eruption- because no one was around 40,000 years ago to report what may have been near dead quiet. Because previous eruption cycles suggest that we may actually be in the eruption timeline window for it NOW, we cannot afford to get complacent, even for a minute. Or EVER. And so I watch. And so I report.

ETA: The activity of this recent multiple swarm episode appears to be over for the moment- or we could be in a lull. Dunno. Gotta keep watching.
edit on Sat Sep 14th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thank you for keeping us updated on the situation!
It is true where going through the 6th cycle of prophecy!

Star and flag!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thank you and I will trust if any harmonic tremors do begin you or the U of Utah will let us know. If I look at it it all looks harmonic. Those constant small squiggly lines.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

One big problem is that no one has ever seen a beast like old yeller in action, so there's no way to know what any precursors would look like.

It could blow wih no notice whatsoever and that'd be all she wrote. For everyone.

It could sleep another few millennia.

We just don't know.

Having TA on the watch around the world sets my mind at ease though because I don't trust any of those in official capacities to let us know if something unusual (and potentially dangerous) were happening.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thanks J&C. The function I serve essentially is to increase the SPEED at which events are reported to the public. We differ though I think in the trust issue. At this point I am in direct contact, and have been for many years, with the people who are authoritative on these matters. It is through them that I have been entrusted with access to certain places not available to the public at large.

Do I trust them? Yes.

But I believe that potentially critical information could be missed or delayed in reporting because of deficiencies in the reporting system. And to compound the problem, seriously- very seriously- tremor is a special kind of volcanic earthquake that is not reported right away- AT ALL- on any official source that I know of. Yes, they may report it later in a volcanic activity update. But this means that if tremor was spotted- harmonic or otherwise- at YS, and it happened late at night like what happened here- I may be one of the few active late night watchers able to recognize it early and provide timely warning of it.

The reason that could be important is because of the succession of subsequent events that could take place after tremor is discovered. A whole trainload of scientific analysis would likely ensue, and while they try to figure out what comes next, YS may just decide to let loose and go BOOM. So there you'd be, waiting for the scientists to make up their minds whether they should raise the alert level and potentially risk millions of dollars in tourism- when all of a sudden- KAPOW.

Umm, no. No no no! I have no dog at all in that race. I see it, and I am reporting it immediately. The end. Let the public make up their own minds about what to do while the scientists squabble.

ETA: Update- current status- YS gone pretty quiet again, or in a lull.
edit on Sat Sep 14th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Hey thanks for the link. That thread is terrifying but I will try, try again.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Even if Yellowstone were to erupt, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be a big eruption. I wouldn't worry about Yellowstone blowing up. I don't fear anything much though...except doctors who want to feed me pills and drain my blood.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Some of the most epic threads ever on this site have been about this subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join