It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

arrhhh I'm freaking out.... almost....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's not a big deal, but it kinda is getting to be. I'm going nuts here. Here's the situation....

Where I'm living, I'm renting a room, and I have a kitchen. Well the people that own the place keep coming into my place. It's fracking nuts. I mean ahhhh it's so annoying. It's just insane. I can't stand it anymore. When I moved in I was under the impression that I'd have my personal space. But I guess not. They dont' come into my room but they'll come into my kitchen, they'll come into my living room. Like it's so stupid. Why don't they give me my space!!! I gotta get out of here already. It's insane.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
crap I think I just heard them again, putzin around out there. Like it's 11:30 at night here. Like I trust them because I know them but why do they constantly have to come down here. It's so annoying!!! ahhhh!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
you need to take a deep breath and think how much worse it could be somewhere else say jail how much space would you have there .

i know where you are coming from as i am a hermit to but it is their place and you will have to live with it or get a place of your own .

start walking about in the buff that should scare them off music might scare them away

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Your situation is very annoying. Have you talked to them about your concerns? What is written in your lease agreement?

Do you get along with these people...other than their annoying intrusive behavior in your rented space? Don't they have a kitchen of their own? Or...is it supposed to be a shared kitchen?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Did you sign into a rental agreement or rental contract? If you did you need to review the stipulations set out in it. If you have a proper contract it is as simple as sending them notice that entering the unit without giving proper notification, get it notarized if they fail to adhere to your request take it to your local tenant board.

Most landlord/tenant laws protect owners from entering properties while under lease. So you should be automatically protected. Also, even if its informal and try to claim that because it isn't, this now means they are not declaring to IRS that they have rental income... So, if they admit this they actually put themselves into a worse situation.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Return the favor, but dressed in daisy dukes, hooker boots and always holding a plastic bottle of vodka.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Poo on the floor & leave it, when they come in just raise your head slowly and smile at them. -that should deter them.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

My first apartment in Germany, was the attic of a German family's home. It was three stories. The first story was an electric bill payment/bank/bundespost place , the second story was their living quarters, and the attic was mine.

Well to get to the door to the street, I had to go through my landlord's apt...via a spiral staircase and more than once I caught him in the buff just chillin' you know, watching German wheel of fortune. I would blush and run down the next flight of stairs, but every time I felt as if I had violated him.

He never cared. Not one bit. It was the weirdest thing. I am American, so we are more uptight about that stuff.

I just wanted to share. If you want to keep them from invading your space, talk to them. Next time they are there, walk out and say, "hey is everything ok? what are you doing?" They will get the hint or provide an explaination.

Sorry. I have been on the other end and it was uncomfortable for me.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Reminds me of college days in the off-campus residential properties. The wife and I (we were living in college town then)...shared a house...to put it in the simplet terms. We had an apartment and every other place in that house was rooms to rent.

It sounds like you have...as you explained...rented a room in a house with others living there, and youre sharing the common areas. It usually goes that you will be sharing those facilities outside your room...with other tenants...unless specified in writing on your lease.
It also sounds like you thought no one would be there, and they thought...no one would be there!

It could be worse and you have to share a bathroom with a bunch of people! Ever see "BLUE FOOD"? Its what you get when the other room renters share a kitchen and arent smart enough to not put food-garbage down a drain that has no garbage disposal.

While trying to take a shower in our private apt in the rooming house...those renters made blue food (green with rot stuck in pipes)...filling our private apt bathtub all the time. Gross, and good luck!
edit on 2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well it's just weird. I guess whatever. I'm just gonna try keeping this one door closed so that they maybe get a hint that "this is my new space don't come in". The door that leads to my kitchen. And ya it's my own kitchen. They have their own nice kitchen. So why the hell do they need to come into my area. And I'm in the basement there's no need for them to come down here that much. Like I'll be on the phone, and all of a sudden I'll hear something from the other room, even my kitchen area. I'm not hearing things either. They come down and putz around. It's weird.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Put a lock on your door...and then put your foot down,Don't ever let anyone take control of your life.cheers

new topics

top topics

join