It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profile pic, GIF dimensions halved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was going to start work on updating my avatar for the new layout but the size of my animated GIF seems to be halved!

Heres a pic of my avatar from an earlier post:

As you can see in my profile pic now the dimensions are halved for the GIF.

Could someone confirm this is now how it works I don't want to start on my avatar and then it gets changed again later.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Its coming from

ats_light.css

.avatarWide [
max-width: 175px;
]

Is this permanent?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I was also going to inquire about the avatars as it seems that the height has also been reduced to 240 pixels. This is all fine, but it was hard troubleshooting things with the guidelines having not been up to date to reflect things. Could a mod or admin please specify the new avatar guidelines and limitations?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am with you both on that. I need to know the dimensions before I go playing with avatars and backgrounds again.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

..and you really have a lot of digital info there...on the pict....sometimes, less is better...but whatever makes you happy...and it could be the reasoning behind the size...try simplifying your avatar...then reduce it....
When it fits...a lot of things in it may not be there because youve reduced it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
175px wide is more than was recommended for earlier design, so you were simply abusing the allowed image size and you're surprised it doesn't work right now.

with background pics, it seems that width=200 and height=200+avatar_height should be safe. avatar is limited to 175x240 it seems though.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I thought ATS banned the use of GIF's as avatars/signatures? I would like to know the dimensions we're able to use as avatars.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I have a clear gif for the avatar, the rest is just a background jpeg.

Which is what I need to know the size of.

This background image is only 48k.

Not sure what else you mean.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Most of the answers are here or soon will be. Go to the last page and work your way back.

P

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm just going to wait till its all finalized and there is some official docs for it...

The emoticons seriously need to go though...

top topics

join