It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

? customer service ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hey!
I was just in your store...went to the parts counter, lady there said the guy I needed to talk to was the man in the back working on a chainsaw...
I waited
I waited
and then I waited some more

All I wanted was an air filter. I even brought in the old one with a readable part #
After I waited some more.....

I announced to all the customers that I would come back when you were less busy.

Oh wait, I was the only customer.
Now, how many people were you employing at this store at the time that I sat there without being 'serviced'? (three that I could see...not including what was going on back in the 'service department)

Thank you for helping me to decide to buy my parts on ebay, I may have to wait a couple days...but at least I can spend that time more effectively than sitting at your counter.

OH...and even better...the filter is waaaaay cheaper! I woulda paid your price, I have for years, but now that I have had to look for an alternative I am a much happier customer!

PLEASE PLEASE POST THIS ON YOUR CUSTOMER COMMENTS WALL
Or as motivational note to your sales employees.
I used to do business with a company locally that did business like this...remember the John Deer dealership? oh thats right, they're out of business now

Thanks again for helping me save $ by sending me somewhere else because of your companys customer service.
That reminds me of another company...never mind, no sense mentioning them, they went out of business as well.

Ex customer

I was in a Kubota dealership.....after I got home, I sent this to the customer service link on the dealerships website, and on the Kubota's main website.

Customer service...what ever happened to that concept

I have a relative, he tells me "I provide the service, so they have to be my customers...that's what customer service means"

WOW

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sounds like advanced auto, seven employees three customers and a forty five minute wait for a part that is a common off the shelf part.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Im seriously!

I hate that...when Im in a good mood and have the time I just stroll in and say..."I'm working on a custom hotrod and need a $%^&U* they all run away....its funny. Then I make up a make and model...year...in order to walk out of the store with whatever part I need

Ive though about opening my own auto parts store...I work on a lot of old cars cause I like em...and well...once you do get to the dude/senorita behind the counter...if it aint in their computer they don't know what your talking about.

but....then....I think of all the jerks that would come into the store and want stuff that doesn't show up on my computer....

I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing...even if they tick me off
X

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Sounds like you are a niche market - and if you're getting parts online for cheap, that are expensive locally, and there is a market for it, why don't you start a business for it?

You can only be helping yourself, access to parts, cheap, and the option to sell on to others in the same position as you.

According to the hotrod making thing. I am not a mechanic. motors break and I get a bus.

just thinking out loud.. I wish I had the options to do that. Everything I do, is already done.... until someone comes up with a great idea that I should have, then I bang my head. But then it's too late.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
Sounds like advanced auto, seven employees three customers and a forty five minute wait for a part that is a common off the shelf part.

I have had the same problem with these people. I went in there to buy a bolt for my alternator which was usually just on a shelf, but they didn't have any.. then I went there another time and the employee decided it was more important to talk with her friend on the cell phone while I stood there wasting time.

I hit them with the nice reply of "That's what I'd do, open up a parts store and not have any parts" then I just walked out and never returned.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
well guys....that's why I guess in the past sales people used to make more than your regular 'fry guy' but, however, in the days when fry guys demand twice minimum wage and 'sales people' would rather talk on their cell phones than to the customers...
We get what we pay for...oh wait...NO WE DON'T

I long for the days...when fast food was cheap an easy and auto parts were about the guy trying to fix a thing
(the guy trying to fix thing, didn't need his vin # year make n model to get a filter)

sheeeesh

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

This is sad. My first real job out of high school was a cashier at PepBoys. I really wanted to be back at the counter, but there was a parts look up computer at my station so when it got busy I helped out, printed a ticket, sent the customer back with it and all the counter had to do was pull it from the shelf. The times that I was back at the counter I did the job better than the other 4 people back there as well as the assistant manager. I loved that job, really wish I could get back into it again. All the regular customers would come back to me for help and bypassed most of the other chuckleheads.

It can be a pain sometimes when you get an irate customer, but there was a reason for them being upset, it was simply a matter of finding out what and how I could reconcile the issue. Todays customer service is more along the lines of how quickly can I pass this person off to the next in line. Like they say S*** rolls downhill. Damn pathetic

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thalestris

you rock
and deserved a pay raise
and in your words the 'chucleheads' shoulda walked...maybe to burgerqueen or micdollers jendys or carlsSR
maybe there they could learn how to look up customer needs and find the items they require

auto parts stores should have people that love auto's not people who love fast food...they have their double minimum pay wage jobs waiting for them

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A follow up.
I got a phone call from a Kubota customer service rep...
They were very professional, and informed me that they take their customer service very seriously, got specifics about store location and time of visit.
I'm not usually a complainer, but in this instance it seems to have been the right thing to do.
However I really did go to ebay and find the exact filter I have paid more than $40 for at the dealership for $12 plus shipping...total $22.

X

new topics

top topics

join