It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

StealthyKat's Halloween Costume Contest 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

A little too revealing for a mom to be wearing that with her child and other kids around.

Suggestion, since you still "got it" (you're rockin' that outfit by the way), go as Padme in the white outfit with the rip in it (from the second prequel movie). Still a bit sexy, but covering enough to not irk other parents. Hair's a bit easier too.

Probably lessen the exposed area a bit though.

edit on 13-9-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Gazrok

A little too revealing for a mom to be wearing that with her child and other kids around.

Suggestion, since you still "got it", go as Padme in the white outfit with the rip in it (from the second prequel movie). Still a bit sexy, but covering enough to not irk other parents. Hair's a bit easier too.

OH good one!! I like that outfit and know exactly where to get it too.

If my husband was home he would so be Darth Vader.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

We don't get anything like that here in FL.

I'm IN FL! The weekend of Aug 24th and 25th, Tampa Bay Comic Con was at the Tampa Convention Center.
Not near the size of DragonCon, but still lots of folks dressed in costumes, etc. You'd have loved it. Celebs there were from the Game of Thrones (Drago, Aria, and the Hound). We'd met Jason Mamoa last year (Drogo). He's funny as he always drinks while on the panels.

I think there's another Tampa Bay Comic Con coming in Feb. Also, there's MegaCon in Orlando. (towards end of March). MegaCon is bigger than the Tampa Bay one, but way smaller than DragonCon.

For example:
Tampa Bay ComicCon = 3 big celebs (well, in sci-fi)
MegaCon = 15 or so big celebs
DragonCon = 200 or so big celebs

Apologies to Kat, didn't want to derail the thread with Con talk...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I KNOW girl!!! I go CRAZY in dollar tree haha! I say October first is decorating day....once it's October they can't say NOTHIN!

Great costume BTW...I remember it from my last Halloween thread! You'll have to post some recipes for Halloween treats....c'mon....I KNOW you have some....

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Noooooo.....I love Comic Con too...it's still costumes...no prob at all

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
LOL.....Pretty funny!

edit on 9/13/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Gazrok

We don't get anything like that here in FL.

I'm IN FL! The weekend of Aug 24th and 25th, Tampa Bay Comic Con was at the Tampa Convention Center.
Not near the size of DragonCon, but still lots of folks dressed in costumes, etc. You'd have loved it. Celebs there were from the Game of Thrones (Drago, Aria, and the Hound). We'd met Jason Mamoa last year (Drogo). He's funny as he always drinks while on the panels.

WHAT!!!!!!!! How do I miss these things!

OMG Jason Mamoa is HOT!! I loved him in Stargate Atlantis and Game of Thrones. Oh that would have been awesome.

I think there's another Tampa Bay Comic Con coming in Feb. Also, there's MegaCon in Orlando. (towards end of March). MegaCon is bigger than the Tampa Bay one, but way smaller than DragonCon.
This coming February?! Oh I'm so googling this and I want to go. My mom will gladly watch my son for me to go play nerd dress up. haha.

For example:
Tampa Bay ComicCon = 3 big celebs (well, in sci-fi)
MegaCon = 15 or so big celebs
DragonCon = 200 or so big celebs

I would love to see someone from Buffy but that show has been off the air 10yrs now so I dont know if any of them still go. I'd love love love to meet James Marsters who played Spike.

Apologies to Kat, didn't want to derail the thread with Con talk...

Sorry Kat!
I didn't know this and I"m in FL now I"m googling away. I am so there in February, gives me time to find a great costume.

**Michael Rosenbaum will be at the one in February! I LOVE him! He played Lex Luthor in Smallville! Woohoo!
Also Chewbacca! haha awesome. My dog looks like Chewbacca and will be Chewbacca for Halloween. THANK YOU for telling me about Megacon. I'm so going.
edit on 9/13/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Check out this Halloween display! We have a few like this in our area ....LOVE IT!

edit on 9/13/2013 by StealthyKat because: correction

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I just LOVE Halloween! This thread is so much fun already!
Can't wait to see more!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
OK, here goes...
I made a DALEK (from Dr Who) for my sons Halloween party last year >>>

Here it is halfway through construction...

It's not to scale or anything as I didn't have any plans to work from. I just used a corrugated plastic board for the body parts and visor, and a home-made papier mache dome (using a space-hopper as the mould!) for the top of the helmet. The yellow circles on the body were soft play "ball-pit" balls, split in half and glued on!

There's a large flap-door built into the back section for entry/exit, and on the inside there are shoulder supports for carrying the weight of the body. A bicycle helmet is fixed inside the dome part, so that you can turn the Dalek's "head" when you turn your head. Great fun! But it got wrecked at the party by so many kids "fighting" off the daleks!!!!

My son LOVED it, and...

did I have a go......???

...YOU BETCHA!!!!

GTD

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Gordi that is super cool! So creative!
I bet they DID have fun with it (once Dad let them have it hehe)
Thanks for sharing...LOVE it!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Night Star
I just LOVE Halloween! This thread is so much fun already!
Can't wait to see more!!!

I know, it amazes me the things people come up with! ATS seems to have an exceptional amount of creative people

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
She's alive!!!!!

Hey,Kat, I haven't a clue what I will be this year.

But,here soon I will be taking the kids to the halloween superstore.
We always have a blast there.

Good seeing you back,girl!

Peace,
K

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hey! Yeah...I wanted to get this going because last time people said I didn't give enough time. I'll be off and on as health allows. I'm just so tired all the time... I am still trying to decide what I'll do this year!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Check this out....really interesting and creepy at the same time.....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Ok, so avoid the Prague Cemetary during the Zombie Apocalypse...got it...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

ah ive no idea what to do this year yet, was thinking maybe a Mexican sugar skull design on my face or something,

here's me Halloween 2 years ago, victorian vamp -

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

LOL....I know I would!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I remember you!
You would make a pretty "Snow Queen".....just google it and see what I mean...perfect for you!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

#1 creepiest place in the world is the Winchester Mystery House...I live like, 5 minutes from here, maybe 10 minutes with traffic. It's not scary, it's not haunted, it's not creepy at all. Whoever made this list has obviously never been there.
I'm not sensitive to spirits per se, but I felt nothing there. Remember when Ghost Hunters went there? They also found nothing.
There is a theory that the home, which may or may not have been built up by Sarah Winchester, was purchased soon after by carnies, who built the home up into a roadside attraction. Similar to the "Mystery Spot" in santa cruz

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join