It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

StealthyKat's Halloween Costume Contest 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Those costumes are ROCKIN'!!! That's so cool!!!

Everyone looks great! The makeup on you as two face is outstanding!! Wow!!

I love the cat woman your wife became!! That's awesome!!

Your kids look amazing as well. Really great work on some great costumes and great characters!!
-nat

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Now that is friggin cool! I was the runt so my fam was boring by the time I got there

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thanks. The Two-Face makeup job stayed all day. I used acrylic paint instead of makeup (cleans off with water). It doesn't sweat or fade, or smear like most makeup would. For the whiteface on others, you have to use the pro clown makeup to get the right look. Anything else gets blotchy during the day.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Oh wow! LOVE it! Sooooo what are you gonna be this year? Hmmmm? I still haven't decided

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

We went to Tampa Bay Comic Con for two days. This was the first day. The next, we dressed in our really nice armor (very expensive stuff). I'll post pics of that too, as soon as my wife uploads them.

The next weekend, we went to DragonCon, so some additional costumes. We did the same two again, but also: Dr. Horrible and Penny (it's an obscure Joss Whedon, NPH web thing), Harry Dresden (me, from the Dresden Files books, as I was meeting the author, Jim Butcher), and my wife as a Merlotte's waitress from True Blood. Also, Hogwarts students (complete official robes and all), and I have a Fringe Observer costume, that I just didn't have time to put on. (great for background photo-bombing, if you know the character).

We had a whole group done up as Dr. Horrible costumes, and won that costume contest (you already know my wife and I, a friend was Captain Hammer, and another friend was a Captain Hammer groupie). Of course, this will make no sense if you haven't seen it:

I'll post those pics too (again, after she uploads). We'll likely do the catwoman/two-face thing for doing anything this Halloween, because they are new for this year, and a lot of work making the two-sided suit, etc. (I even have two different colored same shoes).
edit on 13-9-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

LOL about the suit! I know a few dudes like that. So Odin huh? Excellent! I can't wait to see the pic of everyone. I was going to set the deadline for the contest for October 28, but I'm thinking maybe I shout make it for the 31, since some people won't try on their costumes before and only do it Halloween night....

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I haven't decided yet for this year either!! I do know I will be dressing like a scarecrow for my job
..but I just can't think of anything!! It's gotta be something awesome!! Haha!!

And I meant to tell you that you look great as a vampire!!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Damn G...I wish I had your life LOL! You and Mrs. G are so creative and seem to have so much fun! I still like the Flo and Mayhem yall did in 2011!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I always say I am going to do something different, but I always wind up as a vampire...wonder if that says anything about me? That I suck?? LOL!

Well...I have an idea what I might be, but it's top secret

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

I must admit I don't know what your costume is...but it's cool anyway

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Excellent costumes G! That is pro! You have set the bar pretty high!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So how IS Gomez doing lately?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here's me as the wizard Harry Dresden, from Dresden Files. (the skull is "Bob"). Just a styrofoam skull, decorated, and I used two small glowsticks in his eyes, which looked cool in dark areas....

Here's us in our armor. Later this year, she'll have automatic wings on her back to match, but they weren't ready before the convention this month. It's all functional hard leather, rivets, etc. We posed with a guy done up as Thor of course.

Couldn't resist. Saw a guy dressed as Beetlejuice, so had to poke fun at Miley Cyrus' display....

Damn G...I wish I had your life LOL! You and Mrs. G are so creative and seem to have so much fun! I still like the Flo and Mayhem yall did in 2011!

Thanks, we're big fans of working hard and playing hard. The kids love it that we're even bigger geeks than they are.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hi StealthyKat,

StealthyKat
Oooooooooh......this is one of the scariest clowns EVER. Yikes...Pennywise the clown from Stephen King's "It"

You might want to take a look at Captain Spaulding
Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

LOL...I could have just left the hair and makeup like that and went as Morticia!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Gazrok
Here's me as the wizard Harry Dresden, from Dresden Files. (the skull is "Bob"). Just a styrofoam skull, decorated, and I used two small glowsticks in his eyes, which looked cool in dark areas....

Here's us in our armor. Later this year, she'll have automatic wings on her back to match, but they weren't ready before the convention this month. It's all functional hard leather, rivets, etc. We posed with a guy done up as Thor of course.

Couldn't resist. Saw a guy dressed as Beetlejuice, so had to poke fun at Miley Cyrus' display....

Thanks, we're big fans of working hard and playing hard. The kids love it that we're even bigger geeks than they are.

This is freakin AWESOMENESS!!! I am going now....I have always wanted to and yall have convinced me!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

*gulp*......I bet he smells like stale cigars and oldspice.....

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I LOVE Halloween!!

I am so dressing up. It's a Star Wars theme!! I am also dressing up my little man, he will be almost 5mths so he can be dressed too!

I am Princess Leia as always but I can't wear my beloved Leia bikini now
A little too revealing for a mom to be wearing that with her child and other kids around. lol My little one will be Darth Vader and Yoda and the dog is Chewbacca of course! There is a Halloween party here at the local park and you can bring your pets. I'll post pics when it comes time to dress up!

Here is me in my Leia costume. I wore it three years in a row. Last time was this in 2011. I still have it lol I will never get rid of it. I now need the Leia costume that covers my body so parents dont get mad. lol

I just bought a ton of Halloween decorations today at the Dollar Tree. BEST PLACE EVER to buy Halloween decor. It's all $1!!! I hope my neighbors like Halloween and if they don't too bad! I am sure they will torture me with Christmas stuff. I am not into decorating for Christmas but I LOVE decorating for Halloween. I'll post pics when I get it all put up. Is it too early to start decorating?! LOL
edit on 9/13/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This is freakin AWESOMENESS!!! I am going now....I have always wanted to and yall have convinced me!

DragonCon (Atlanta GA, Aug 30th - Sept. 2nd) is great. Costumes are amazing, and it's fun meeting celebs you grew up with and see now (if you're into fantasy and sci-fi TV and movies). This year, we met William Shatner & George Takei (Star Trek, original), Garret Wang (Star Trek Voyager), Malcolm McDowell (Clockwork Orange, all kinds of things), Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse, Buffy, and other things), Jaime Murray, Eddie McClintock, Lindsay Wagner, and the gal who played Leena (Warehouse 13), Tara and Hoyt (True Blood), Julian Sands (Warlock), Traci Lords (Tommyknockers, and other stuff), Adam Savage (Mythbusters), and others I'm forgetting at the moment.

If you do plan to go, message me, so I can give you some tips that will make it easier to get the most out of the Con (last one was my 5th time going, so have learned a lot). May want to reserve a room at a hosting hotel (the Con is spread between 4 hotels and a merchant center or more). Most of the rooms go available in Oct. (yes, this Oct. for next year's Sept.) and will sell out in less than an hour.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Oh that would be so much fun! I've always wanted to go to one of those conventions so I can dress up and meet other people who enjoy it as well. We don't get anything like that here in FL.

I would love to dress up as various Sci Fi characters. I'd have a blast!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join