It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3:45 am, some thing using my phone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Not sure if this is in the right forum or if their needs to be a NSA forum. However I have not overruled paranormal activity so I'm gonna post here.

I didn't sleep much last night, I woke up shortly after a short sleep after my dog went ape shirt over seemingly nothing and was barking loudly and went running out of the room as if she was chasing something that ones a chihuahua.

My wife woke me up the second time, my phone was lit up like a Christmas tree and I was finally falling into a deep sleep. When I woke up she asked what was up with my phone. I looked at it and it was unlocked. I have an lg and you have to press the side button to activate it. You only need to swipe it to unlock as I don't have any pass codes or anything set on it. When I reached for it, the screen swiped over to the one with the weather widget on it and then it went back into locked mode, still lit up before I was able to pick it up.

I lost alot of sleep, thinking about the NSA and the paranormal after that. Waited for the sun to come up as the wheels were turning.

Also I don't use my phone for anything but phone calls and texts occasionally I take pictures or browse he web.

Also there were no actions made as far as i know but when I woke up the weather app had updated to 3:45 am which was the same time I reached for it.
edit on 12-9-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

What kind of phone is it? android ( as awesome as it is ) is especially susceptible to malware .. it may not be that though, there are apps that run in the background that could cause that.

I wouldn't rush to a conclusion.. your best bet may be to back up your data and restore to factory defaults.. re-flash the device and start over.. re-install apps one at a time

edit on 9/12/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Possibly I found this widget that has ram on it and it won't clear it's using like 450 to 500 ram. But I don't do anything with it as I said I haven't even downloaded an app or watched a YouTube video and yes I think it's an android.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
NSA YOU ARE SCREWED.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

txinfidel
I lost alot of sleep, thinking about the NSA and the paranormal after that.

A needless loss of sleep worrying about nothing. Way too paranoid there.

I'm assuming you have an Android phone. Apps do that occasionally. Apps are made to work on many types of different devices, so there will be an occasional bug. Restarting your phone once in a while, or pulling your battery once in a while will alleviate some of that.

But, it's a common occurrence and nothing to worry about.

link   
reply to post by gotya

Well if the NSA they must have been peeping on all the cool pictures I took.

link   
Could be an NSA 'Spook'.

Seriously though, that would freak me out as well

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

txinfidel
I lost alot of sleep, thinking about the NSA and the paranormal after that.

A needless loss of sleep worrying about nothing. Way too paranoid there.

I'm assuming you have an Android phone. Apps do that occasionally. Apps are made to work on many types of different devices, so there will be an occasional bug. Restarting your phone once in a while, or pulling your battery once in a while will alleviate some of that.

But, it's a common occurrence and nothing to worry about.

Especially android, the apps have more freedom than an iPhone.. depending on what the app is doing it could very well trigger the light to kick on.

It probably is nothing at all ..

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

txinfidel
reply to post by gotya

Well if the NSA they must have been peeping on all the cool pictures I took.

The NSA wouldn't need to install anything on the phone to trigger the lights though
.. they have the ability to intercept the traffic and as the later documents exposed, they've even managed to tackle decrypting encrypted traffic apparently.

I am pretty confident it's not the NSA that is lighting up the op's phone... it's likely an app or malware, it could even be the phone itself doing some kind of maintenance/update check that's triggering it..

We'd need to know the make/model of the phone and then do some google sleuthing to see if anyone else has experienced it.. then try to identify the common denominator .. but according to others in the thread, it apparently DOES happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

My phone does that a lot. I have an iPhone. I think I might touch it accidentally. Especially if I didn't close my apps down.

The weather app will update as soon as you go into it. It refreshes and marks that time it updated (refreshed). You can check that put now by going to it and seeing the update

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

violet

My phone does that a lot. I have an iPhone. I think I might touch it accidentally. Especially if I didn't close my apps down.

The weather app will update as soon as you go into it. It refreshes and marks that time it updated (refreshed). You can check that put now by going to it and seeing the update

Hahaha IRONIC .. my iPhone just lit up with no alert on the screen whatsoever.. just seemed to light up for no reason.. but after I unlocked the phone I noticed I had a badge number for words with friends.. so it lit up the device but didn't display the alert. I admit, creeped me out for a second...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

It's a 4g total of 36 minutes talking on the phone not a free phone but close to that and I don't use it much. I do use the wifi hotspot and access my stuff through a different device.

But I thought of paranormal stuff cause when I was about 14 my stepbrother had set up a drum set that he got in the room we shared when we visited. One night at about 3 am we both woke up at around 3 am to the sound of drums. Loud drums. Both of our heads shot up from sleep at the same time and didn't see anything but I bet one of those symbals was still moving. We just didn't see anything but the drum set itself and both confirmed to eachother what we heard.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

That's crazy and I am familiar with the iPhone. But I saw the screen swipe. And then went back into locked mode but still lit up.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

There are apps you can get that will track the antennas data activity of your phone, in coming and outgoing.

This will include all basic carrier information that uploads and down loads periodically, which can happen randomly so don't freak out over that.

AS for what was going on, Don't worry, the NSA has full access to your phone, probably just a bit more than your provider itself has.

So rest assured, everything you have done on your phone has been tracked and logged, probably a good assumption to make about all forms of electronic communications .

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Good thing I already constructed those faraday cages and bags. And don't communicate by the typical methods. Ay

If it my phone they want, they can have it lol.

Nothing on there is of use. I will gladly throw it at them, whoever they are.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

txinfidel
reply to post by benrl

Good thing I already constructed those faraday cages and bags. And don't communicate by the typical methods. Ay

If it my phone they want, they can have it lol.

Nothing on there is of use. I will gladly throw it at them, whoever they are.

I still suggest re-flashing the phone and just moving one step at a time.. restore it and only add your contacts.. run it like that for a few days.. move forward after.. process of elimination

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I've had something weird happen a few nights ago. I also have an LG android phone with boost mobile. I got a call, I answered it and said hello then they hung up on me without saying anything at all. A few minuets later I got a text from that same number that said Voice Check. It only happened once.

I just wonder why someone would do that.
edit on 12-9-2013 by desertguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, can you imagine. All that effort and you caught them red handed.. and all to get that saucy txt you sent to your sneaky missus. Don't tell the wife.

Hmm, couldn't possible be a wonky touchscreen. Or some sort of problem with the hardware. They're pretty sensitive, but that's almost impossible. More like the NSA for sure.

You are positively james bond, and they must know more !!!!

*cries and laughs hysterically. Eats a balloon puppy dog and smiles.. it's a wonderful world... *

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
turn it off?

or put in a stainless martini shaker,. it will kill the signal.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

txinfidel

It's a 4g total of 36 minutes talking on the phone not a free phone but close to that and I don't use it much. I do use the wifi hotspot and access my stuff through a different device.

But I thought of paranormal stuff cause when I was about 14 my stepbrother had set up a drum set that he got in the room we shared when we visited. One night at about 3 am we both woke up at around 3 am to the sound of drums. Loud drums. Both of our heads shot up from sleep at the same time and didn't see anything but I bet one of those symbals was still moving. We just didn't see anything but the drum set itself and both confirmed to eachother what we heard.

many years ago i got a brand new beginners guitar in a box for my girlfriends little girl it was bought for a girl who was killed in a accident and never got it i worked in her mothers house and she gave me it .

we rapt it for xmas and had it under her bed when she came through screaming one night the guitar in the box was getting strummed i kid you not i heard it myself

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join