It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if we end up at war with Russia?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I just think we would get a serious run for our money if it ever happens no matter what theater it happens in.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

HanzHenry

Jordan River
Russia could destroy u.s.
Now hold on it is for one reason only, chinas super weapon emp. A emp that hit the nation. That is the entire u.s would paralyze us and russia with china troops in there carrier would invade. Other tha that. Everyone gets nuked

exactly.. the equalizer to American tech power... the emp combined with the CHINA made chips in US fighter jets, missiles, etc.(btw, what idiot would buy military microchips from them?)

the Chinese and Russians would be like "hug, no power, oh well back to normal"
many of them are subsistence based. What % of the people in R and C grow their own food.

Americans would be so busy looting for food., we would be screwed.

Do you not know that every piece of military equipment that has electronics has been hardened against EMP since the 1960's? This is why a military radio for a vehicle cost $10,000.00 or more dollars. EMP is bad for civilian crap. Our nation has a hardened communication system underground country wide built by AT&T for any reason whether its nuclear war or the Sun decides to send us a gift. So while your car and Ipod will not work the whole U.S. military will only be ticked off that we civies have to deal with it. Besides any nation dumb enough to detonate a nuke above the U.S. to cause an EMP would be in smoldering ruins in pay back anyway.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Seriously I think you are giving their military way to much credit. The only thing they have is nukes and a halfway decent navy. They had a very hard time defeating little Georgia and that was a major blunder from the start as we could have taken the whole force out in a very short day with conventional air power since they all decided to invade down one very small mountain pass.

While their Navy looks fearsome they are nothing compared to the U.S. Navy anymore. A few ships in one battle group that has only 8 S-300s each for defense is not going to help them against a U.S. Navy strike group. Yeah they have some new Ubber missiles to take out ships but that is why Aegis was built back in the 80s. One Aegis destroyer can track 100 targets at a time and engage them with every weapon on every ship in the battle group at the same time. The Russian missile would face a wall of lead and defensive missiles made for that very reason as the Soviet doctrine is still in operation today. Try like hell to sink our carriers and pray for the best. Only a nuke will sink our carriers today, never mind that our attack subs are protecting our battle groups and the Russians would be hard pressed to even detect them before the Russian ships are sunk.

Our navy does need to get its rear in gear and fit the stealth version of the Tomahawk on its ships as our anti ships missiles are getting very outdated and are to slow for not being stealth. We had them for the Air Force and I heard they were bringing them back, but many years ago Congress cut them in favor of a treaty with the Russians that they used to their advantage.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
the you es has some kind of secret msl def shield. They couldn't send the msls by I See Be Em. but on the other hand to think that no great war could ever happen again is completely stupid. I think we're likely overdue for one actually.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by sparky31

Vietnam was meant to be protracted. Our soldiers were not allowed to hit this and that and that, and oh, don't attack that either sort of political games mentality. If we were under attack physically here at home, there would be hell to pay, and millions ready to shed blood, mostly theirs.

As a bully, America is, undeniable.

What of a coalition of the down trodden attacks us simultaneously? We would be trying to stop the starvation and looting while the govt is fighting on both coasts, most military DEAD due to water plants poisoned on installations, most americans are so out of shape they cant hit a target under stress. --sight alignment and breath control..

I am not against my land. Just realistically pondering, I quit the Rah-Rah Kool aid when I left the corps.

It isnt surprising to see,, "Uh-merca ee-uhz thu bay-est".. the most egotistical, judgemental, ignorant generation in the world has the reigns of power.. the ME generation..(boomers). when have they done anything right?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
And for the people who keep trotting out the we are stretched to thin, what the heck are talking about? 95% of our active forces are in the US and its territories. Plus the reserves and national guard. Russia does not keep its large bloated creaking army to fight a war with a more advanced mobile West. They keep it to fight the other large bloated creaking armies on its not European borders. Russian military reforms have failed a couple times and I do not know if they will ever be able to get past the massive corruption and low morale to fix it. What Russia needs if it wants to be a modern conventional power is smaller, better trained, highly mobile force with modern command and control. Then it needs some minor startegic lift capabilities at least on par with the UK and France. Russia would still not be able to challenge the US but, at least it would capable of acting outside of its own borders.

(post by Hyperborea300 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Never going to happend.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Anyone else out there (USA) have confirmation? We've heard about this happening in AK as well, in a youtube video that is long gone.

Not sure if there was a separate thread for this topic, feel free to reorg as needed, just lookin' for answers.

God bless
N+W

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The new recruits would be more likely to revolt in either country in such an event.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I don't think either nation is stupid enough to ever go to war with each other.(fingers crossed)
While the break up of the Soviet Union seriously weakened Russias Military might they still have a devastating Nuclear Arsenal that is capable of flattening America just as the American Nuclear Arsenal would flatten Russia.
It really is a no win situation......America has no interest in invading Russia and Russia has no interest in invading the USA the only way a war could come about is via smaller nations that are allied to the bigger nations eg USA-Israel Russia-Iran etc.
The world can't afford a third world war now due to Nuclear weapons as it could possibly wipeout humanity.
Even a conflict between Nuclear powers India and Pakistan would have severe consequences for the rest of the world.
www.nucleardarkness.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
War over what?

The "capitalists" vs. the "communists"? If anything, Russia (even China, lol) is more "capitalist" than the US. So a war based on different ideologies would be utterly absurd, for that reason alone.

Seriously..open your yes..you think there is any REAL difference between the economic systems in the US, China, Russia etc.? If China and Russia were "communist", how comes some of the most wealthiest of billionaires (!) are today in China and Russia?
edit on 52013RuFridayAmerica/Chicago26AMFridayFriday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon2

I don't think you understood what I just said.

Open REVOLTS would be a likely outcome.

They are already happening.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by sparky31

Vietnam was meant to be protracted. Our soldiers were not allowed to hit this and that and that, and oh, don't attack that either sort of political games mentality. If we were under attack physically here at home, there would be hell to pay, and millions ready to shed blood, mostly theirs.

Just the same in Italy in WW 2, the older the building the less destructive weapons you could use against the enemy inside, there were lists of building types, ages, and weapons to use. No wonder the Allies crawled up the Italian boot. Plus the Germans did not mind blowing up bridges that were hundreds of years old.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well my city would be gone, but since I'm in a basement I'd be okay. I'd be on the the last survivors. I'd try and get under my bed or somewhere to protect me from the blast, and hopefully the house wouldn't cave in on me. Then I'd need to evactuate. I'd put together my gear and I'd grab some water out of the fridge, and I'd set out. I'd probably try and use my bike as I could get away a lot faster. But I'd be prepared to abandon it at anytime if I needed to. Then I'd stay off the major roads. I'd travel by night under the cover of darkness, and I'd sleep by day. I'd Try and get as far away from the blast zone as possible. I know with my bike I could get at least 30km away in just half a day. I'd be beat though. I'd rest for a little while then keep going. Get another 30 km away. So that should be enough to at least get away from the fall out. Then within even 48hrs I'm sure I could be far enough away. Then if I survived the fall out I'd probably look for a farm or acerage or town that didn't get hit and go there for help. I'm not sure if they'd let in strangers but if they had the roads blocked Id just sneak in at night and scrowndge around for food, water and supplies. Or if I could make it to a town where I know someone maybe I could get in. That's probably what I'd do. Then if things just fell into chaos in the town I'd be prepared to take off again. Maybe try and find a farm, an acerage, or someone living off the land, and offer to help in exchange for living there. If they said no I'm sure in those circumstances you could find some that have been abandon. Just find one and take it over. Or I'd try and get to the coast, and just try and live off the land.

edit on 25-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
What happens if we go to war with Russia?.

People die, stuff gets wrecked, and the banks celebrate because they will be happy to write the loans to rebuild, re-equip and rearm all parties involved.

Death, Destruction, Celebration.

DDC (Copyright 10-25-2013 rjs4594)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Aren't we already slipping back into a proxy war with Russia?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
with the news that SAUDI ARABIA is going to get ready nukes from PAKISTAN with main targets Iran AND ISRAEL, www.bbc.co.uk...
I think USA should better think of an alliance with Russia than anything else. Obama still taks to Putin in ENglish, unlike with some of those other leaders. We see the rise of a third (China) and fourth (Suadi, Pakistan) world powers with mentality of pre-WW2 Germany. Not necessarily Hitlers but they have the same mentality and similar goals - world domination, redrawing maps of key regions, resources. . I don't know about the Indians that believe they are better than Chinese and many others. That is a whole new story. However, With Saudi Arabia armed and ready to nuke Israel, USA would be in WW3 much sooner than any scenarios with Putin's Russia. Not the least, the intermediate deadly unstoppable missiles forbidden by Reagan-Gorbachev now surface from countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. EVeryone except for USA and Russia has them. You may not want to try to intercept intermediate rocket moving at hypersonic speed that wil s trike you in 2-5 minutes with 500 kiloton burst in the air long before the target. You think those guys will use smart precision guided weapons to avoid civil casualties, as USA is doing everywhere? No they will not. They will nuke cities. Namely, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, probably Teheran. Then what?

China although in aliance with Rusia at the moment, has big troubles in that marriage (better say Russia has). Read articles in Pravda. This alliance is the world's most diverse ever (Russia-China-Middle East - India). At one moment, after the US involvement, Russia will have a 4 thousand km border with a giant who needs resources and has nowhere to get them except from Russia, and/or Canada. SO either think of USA+Canada + Australia being promised to China, or think the other way. I think the Russians started thinking the other way if they publish what they did in Pravda.ru. Sorry link is not ready. Russia should be the natural ally of uSA if she did so in 2 bloody world wars. Why did the Cold War end? Let USA rethink its posture of supremacy and ask for help and mutually beneficial agreement with Russia. Putin when elected the first time said in interview he would rather see his country inside NATO. Those days are gone, or are they? NATO did everything possible to make the Russians think USA is reading a preemptive attack and stations antimissiles to neutralize the Russian retaliation. Let the two countries join efforts and eliminate crazies who are ready fo r THEIR messiah to do unspeakable things.

And, we are still waiting the promised bright future after the end of cold war, in 2000, after 2012 doom. WHere is that bright future with free tech for everyone, not only smart phones for the rich ones? Or you think every Russian has a smart phone? The Western double standard should stop now. Or there will be no more Western civilization in the aftermath of all that

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There is another thing that I want to offer you AGAIN for consideration.

If the big doom comes for whatever reason (ww3 or mega cataclysm) and it is well know it is inevitable, then the big countries will try to save at least part of their populations. There is one country that has those abilities and that cannot afford losing more population than it already lost - Russia. With 142 mln from 292 mln back in USSR time, Russian population shrinks as we speak. ANy big war, let alone celestial mega event will wipe out the Russians foerever, should they do not hide underground on time. Taking into account the vast territory and cities with poor transportation links according to Western standards, that might not be that easy as it sounds. Unless we suppose secret underground tunnels connecting all those cities spread in 11 time zones. Even if it is so, you cannot literally put undeground 142 mln or 100 mln or 50 mln people overnight. Those are women, children, people who have their needs and above all who are not alarmed yet they have to hide. So it is logical to expect such alarm to be issued shortly before any mega doom event. Enough for a major evacuation of the Russian ctiies and assurance Russian nation will continue in post doom era.

The Chinese and the Indians may not care for their billions. It is their concern. We see how China is ready to sacrifice everything only to be able to nuke USA. As if off-worldly power dictates what they should do, and not their own instinct of survival of human species.

The Americans may think FEMA is bad and does not have as a goal to save their lives in crisis. The Russians do not think in such terms. They do not think the country's secret programs have sinister goals, they think the country defends them and will defend them. They had enough suffering and sacrifice in the great patriotic war (ww2) to assure national civilization survival. They wil not let history repeat itself. They will not depend on a mercy of a dictator equal to Hitler or worse. Many scholars think Stalin was the worse. But let remember that Hitler wanted to annihilate Moscow and to made a lake instead. That he preached the Slavic nations to be inferior to the Aryans and therefore born to be slaves. SHould Hitler have won the world would never be the same. You would have the vast land of Russia and its resources at disposal of Hitler's war machine and ideology. Should Saudi and Chinese win now, the world will become a Caliphate and nobody knows what the Chinese would do either.

Better find yourselves allies of that great nation and not her enemies. Especially for smaller countries whose only hope of survival will be a kind invitation from one of the big nations who have capabilities to save from doom. Because the nuclear winter will spare no one, not even Brazilians and South Africans who may think they stay outside the main nuclear exchange. They will not escape it and will die in the following months. The nuclear winter is guaranteed if China, India, Pakistan, and USA are involved in mega conflict, even without Russian participation. Of course Russian nukes alone are enough of that, making more than the half of all warheads in the world. In other words, if Russia wants to play the bad guy, it just hides underground and shoots. It is craziness and I don't think it will happen. But some soviet strategists envisioned exactly that as a last resort. with big enough explosions to destroy every life on planet even if they occur on Russian territory. I hope those people are long gone with their plans. But the perspective exists. And may be there are other countries capable of doing that either.

Let alone a mega space disaster.

Population! It is the first concern in a nuclear war not the last concern. It made MAD work for decades. Otherwise Khrushchev would have fired those missiles in Cuba and we would not discuss it now, yes? He thought of the generations to come, so did Kennedy. Unlike the movies that represent the Russians as cruel and insane communists they cared for 292 mln peole AND for the rest of the world. That's why they didn't fire despite they had twice or more the nukes US had.

Today's leaders some of them behave as if they are the last generation ever on this doomed planet. See the behavior of Middle eastern leaders who expect Mahdi or other messiah every next day and who actually think the more martyrs the better. They are not afraid of Israel's nukes. What if one day one "space ship" or man made saucer indeed brings their messiah, true or false doesn't matter at all. They will go crazy and will start slaughtering. Let alone nukes.

Don't the West see that danger, or is preparing for a glorious martyrdom? As some signs from the Vatican show such an attitude? 1000 martyrs beatified from past wars with Ottomans and Spanish civil war. Moves that show not so much concern of the living but much honor of the dead. Good!!! I do not say this is a bad thing. BUT there is one big IF. So should we also be martyred in someone's controversial perspective of this world? If the West is posing for a great martyrdom, or some of it, as some western prophets have allegedly "predicted", then the East and especially Russia must prepare to survive and to continue the humankind further on. No matter what.
edit on 7-11-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Ats

always this topic rises

always I have the same response

What makes anyone think the Five members of the permanent UN security council are actually at odds with one another?

Is it because we critique each other and fight proxy wars while selling the opposing sides weapon systems?

Maybe because we maintain opposing proxy states? Which when you add it all up amounts to five nations controlling most of the globe?

Perhaps you have never seen our diplomats drink while their kids club it up in NYC together?

Maybe "fear" isn't a great method of controlling our individual populaces?

War with Russia huh? Doubt it, over what? the world we jointly control?

edit on 7-11-2013 by penninja because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join