It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if we end up at war with Russia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

OH hell yeah.

The act of holding the US mainland would be like one long Russian winter in hell. The sheer number of highly trained ex military and security forces would make keeping any territory gained almost impossible for whoever was doing the taking.

I was just expanding on the idea a little. I dont think an attack on the US mainland would be very fruitful as well. BUT if it were to happen, little to no prisoners would be taken. No invading force would risk keeping several million highly trained active /inactive military and security forces just sitting around.

I guess having a well armed population in a spartan society has its benefits huh....lol

edit on 9 12 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by miniatus

"each side knows that it would mean mutually assured destruction"
only if
they go beyond "mutually assured" borders.

I mean that if Russia attacked us, they know we'd retaliate instantly.. we have a huge arsenal of nukes aimed at them as they do toward us .. us attacking Syria wouldn't launch WW3 much to the dismay of many here in the conspiracy world.. and if it did, it would be a battle of conventional weapons.

IN fact if we did go to war with Russia, I think both sides would hesitate to use nuclear weapons unless it were the final option... when it comes to conventional warfare we still have the edge over virtually all countries in the world.

So I don't think Russia will pick a fight with us in that context.. I think that's FAR from happening.. the clout that Russia has is that they are a major player at the UN, and they have a lot of political influence in the world.. they are making friends with our enemies .. so in the future that could be very dangerous, but we're still a long ways from that.. who knows what could happen

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

tadaman
reply to post by EA006

OH hell yeah.

The act of holding the US mainland would be like one long Russian winter in hell. The sheer number of highly trained ex military and security forces would make keeping any territory gained almost impossible for whoever was doing the taking.

I was just expanding on the idea a little. I dont think an attack on the US mainland would be very fruitful as well. BUT if it were to happen, little to no prisoners would be taken. No invading force would risk keeping several million highly trained active /inactive military and security forces just sitting around.

I guess having a well armed population in a spartan society has its benefits huh....lol

I do agree.. anyone invading the US would have a really difficult time, there are many gun toting civilians.. they may take the west and east coast but the moment they went inland, or south... they'd face things they'd never expect to face...

I imagine any invader would run screaming
edit on 9/12/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It will be 70 Years,,a whole Generation,, since Patton told Stalin too piss off,, or was it #offsky?,,
ya that should ease tensions

And Stalin vowed too crush America,,
within a Generation,,,right boss?

,lets not rush things,,

Stalin's reply,,,"a Generation?,,,someone shoot this guy,,
,really."

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thinking of modern warfare in ww11 terms is stupid. This won't be like a video game or an article out of "Soldier of Fortune" Nukes are obsolete with satellite weapons in space that only the elite know about, but rest assured, they are there. An EMP that would shut down the grid would basically shut the country down. Communications and GPS tie it all together and without that, you ain't got jack. And if a true global conflict started; do you think that biological/chemical weapons wouldn't be used? Small arms in the hands of the populace would be a joke.

There are contingency plans but will they be enough?

It's a brave new world!!!
edit on 12-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Agreed. So we've really decided then that America can look after it's own at home?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

If any part of the west was secured, they AND we would face mountain ranges. Russia had trouble in Afghanistan because they used heavy armour against highly mobile forces armed with advanced US supplied anti tank weapons.

LIke I said though, the point of the attack wouldnt be to secure the entire continent. It would be to change the game a little and make us lose large amounts of our infrastructure. To weaken us and reduce our numbers.

In this hypothetical situation, This is all possible IF our current government is not ousted when it first tries to surrender unilaterally to the UN. If our current government is ousted and a provisional government is established to carry out a valid and true defence of the US, then this is what I would think could happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

So we've really decided then that America can look after it's own at home?

Yeah I think so. We arent a rag tag, starving population on the brink of oblivion. No.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

"A neutron bomb or enhanced radiation weapon (ERW) or weapon of reinforced radiation is a type of thermonuclear weapon designed specifically to release a large portion of its energy as energetic neutron radiation (fast neutrons) rather than explosive energy. Although their extreme blast and heat effects are not eliminated, it is the enormous radiation released by ERWs that is designed to be a major source of casualties. The levels of neutron radiation released are able to penetrate thick, protective materials such as armor, making them useful as anti-tank weapons."

that was 60 years ago,, u think they got "neutron" 50 Calibre'?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

olaru12
Thinking of modern warfare in ww11 terms is stupid.

WW11 would be future warfare not modern warfare.

edit on 12-9-2013 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If Russia declared war on the White House itself, i think all Americans should clap their hands, lay down their weapons, and let Russia clean up the mess, which the American people haven't been able to do. In that way, there won't be a war, and the evil regime in the WH will be gone forever, and America can start fresh. Greet the Russia troops as liberators maybe?

Sarcasm aside, Both the US and Russia should at ALL COSTS, prevent ANY war from breaking out. Only losers will start a war, and only losers will be left.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

"so in the future that could be very dangerous" welcome too the future.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

EA006

olaru12
Thinking of modern warfare in ww11 terms is stupid.

WW11 would be future warfare not modern warfare.

edit on 12-9-2013 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

Of course I meant World War 2.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Silly me for reading what's written.....

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i,m sorry but Americans are probably as delude as us British when we ruled the world,think that no one can over come you.Well i think you should remember Vietnam and how that wasn,t exactly a walk in the park as use thought it would be,Vietnam is no Russia.oh and i know your going to say that wasn,t them invading you but anythings possible.

just cause your out numbered by soldiers and weapons doesn,t mean you can,t conquer.us scots know that

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A beach-head in Alaska would lead to a-lot of problems for the military if not repulsed immediately. It opens the door to the entire northern U.S border inside Canada being a staging post for multiple incursions.
You're right but it's the north-west that's the concern and not so much the west coast.

edit on 12-9-2013 by EA006 because: response to Tadaman. Deleted 'reply to' script

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Vietnam was meant to be protracted. Our soldiers were not allowed to hit this and that and that, and oh, don't attack that either sort of political games mentality. If we were under attack physically here at home, there would be hell to pay, and millions ready to shed blood, mostly theirs.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Russia is the Ying to the US Yang. when the first computer was built. Russia had a identical copy in Russia. After Nazi Germany was defeated. Russia and the US split up all the scientist. Operation Paper Clip. During the Cold War the world watched eating popcorn at the Dog and Pony Show as Russia and the US built two massive armies like that of Nazi Germany that the world said nobody would every be allowed to build again.

Russia and the US work together. Why would they go to war? Only war they will ever have is which country gets the most billionaire who control the world. But even the elite play musical chairs moving from Russia to the US and the US to Russia. How about all those highest price ever pad for a house in the US that Donald Trump sold? Russian Billionaires bought them. And I am sure the same thing was happening in Russia with US Billionaires. Hell even Koch Brothers got rich in Russia before coming to the US.

It is the people that governments are afraid of. Not the leaders of other countries. Hell just look at the children of the rich leaders in other countries. There children often go to school in the countries with the most rhetoric about the country there fathers are leaders of. That should tell you some thing. But when the people have had enough usually the UN is called forth to tell that leader step down we have your retirement plan set up. And the second option to a forced retirement plan. Bombings and regime change.

The militarized police forces all over the world should tell you it is the people they fear most. When the people learn the only way things will change is if they become terrorist. The elite will lose. But if they can correct the coarse that was set under Bush they can prevent the world from being turned upside down and prevent the people from becoming a terrorist group so large they can not stop them. And remember the terrorist are only terrorist if the government does not like them. If they like them they are Freedom Fighters.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

sparky31

just cause your out numbered by soldiers and weapons doesn,t mean you can,t conquer.us scots know that

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

As part of a Union brought into existence because of insolvency issues, us Scots know this.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Most vital locations in the US mainland are cities which are largely unarmed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join