It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celestial Being Caught on Camera? WTH is This?!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

possible explanation..seriously?..to my knowledge,NOBODY has ever come up with an explanation,(just speculations,theories,scenerios),etc.,for any of the hundreds of the mysteries of the world..yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

grubblesnert

ltinycdancerg
this is CLEARLY a flare. i am genuinely embarrassed for the OP.
no no no! Please read my earlier post.......It is a rare and elusive Space Cheeto!

Who's "genuinely embarrassed" now!

edit on 13-9-2013 by grubblesnert because: is any masterpiece ever truly completed?

Yep I hope he/she is embarrassed, its clearly NOT a flare. Why people need to be so angry escapes me...

It could be a blimp or hot air balloon, and you are seeing the flames under the balloon?, that coupled with the undoubted camera movement would blurt the image a bit.

I love these threads, its great to see members systematically work out what it could be, thanks for sharing and stirring our imagination! Btw, get a better camera lol.I would recommend a Canon Digital Rebel DSLR :-)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

doorhandle

grubblesnert

ltinycdancerg
this is CLEARLY a flare. i am genuinely embarrassed for the OP.
no no no! Please read my earlier post.......It is a rare and elusive Space Cheeto!

Who's "genuinely embarrassed" now!

edit on 13-9-2013 by grubblesnert because: is any masterpiece ever truly completed?

Yep I hope he/she is embarrassed, its clearly NOT a flare. Why people need to be so angry escapes me...

It could be a blimp or hot air balloon, and you are seeing the flames under the balloon?, that coupled with the undoubted camera movement would blurt the image a bit.

I love these threads, its great to see members systematically work out what it could be, thanks for sharing and stirring our imagination! Btw, get a better camera lol.I would recommend a Canon Digital Rebel DSLR :-)

Could you send me your real name and credit card number so I can get that camera on order? I would love to get better pictures with a better camera. Thank you soooooo much. I've always wanted a NICE camera.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thank you for your reply, and the information. That makes sense. (Claps!)

Looking at the area in daytime, I noticed some power lines in that area. It could have been moving behind a power line when it gave the flashing effect. Strange that it would happen just after I asked it to flash for me, but I've had weird-timing things like that before. Ha!
And, when it appeared to fade away it could have been moving behind thin clouds, even though I didn't see any... but it was dark, so there could have been some without my knowledge.
The moving up and down... I don't know how to explain that. Maybe it was my eyes, like another member posted earlier.

Thank you. I'll take this for the "logical" explanation.

If it is "something else", it will have to do something on a bigger scale next time that can't possibly be explained.
I've had that happen before, so I'm not ruling it out.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Again: a day time shot in the same direction posted would help a lot of people in a lot of ways.

You can show the street light, also indicate where in the sky to help give people a sense of scale.

Day time shots help a lot of investigations, especially if the event photos like yours where there is no reference in the photos.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It is cloudy today. Does that matter?
If not, I will take one later when I leave to run some errands. It will be later tonight before I have a chance to get the pic on here. Probably around 10 p.m.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

sled735

It is cloudy today. Does that matter?
If not, I will take one later when I leave to run some errands. It will be later tonight before I have a chance to get the pic on here. Probably around 10 p.m.

No it should not matter. Your picture should show a wide angle of where you were looking. Include the street light and horizon.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Okay.
I'll get one posted later.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hi sled. I think its a great picture what ever it is. It sure does look like a body of some type to me. It's certainly very interesting!. I will be keeping an eye out for more pics

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aries58

It could have been something known, therefore possible to explain.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here is the daytime shot. I circled the area I think the light orb was in. You can see the power lines there just below it.

In the original in the OP it was taken around 8:30 p.m.
in the southwest sky.

The street light (actually, it's someone's security light) cannot be seen here due to be hidden behind trees. It is just beyond the power line pole that is showing, leaning on the left.

edit on 9/13/2013 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Maybe somebody already mentioned this but it looks like a sprite to me. It's a rare variety of lightning. Nice find. There are folks out there with automated camera rigs capturing 24/7 to get images and never photograph them.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by amodedoma

No, no one has mentioned that.

Do sprites live in the sky too?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Okay, according to the EXIF data of your day time picture, the lens focal length was 35mm, shutter speed 1/1000 of a second.

You have drawn a red circle to indicate where the object was, and indicated that the street light was in the trees by the leaning power pole to the left.

Your original pictures in your OP, the EXIF data says that it was taken with a 85mm lens focal lenth. Going from 35mm to 85mm is 2.4 times greater zoom in. So scaling your OP picture and overlaying it with your daytime picture (with the information of where the light is) gives us something like this:

As we can see, the object is 14 to 26 degrees above the horizon. That means it should have been visible for a very large amount of people in a very large area if it was actually an object in our atmosphere (not a object in space).

Based on the area you live in, the date and time of your OP picture, and based on the day time picture that you took where the sun is, and giving the direction you were facing (in general since you're not sure of the exact direction), if it was a space object, then we have:

Antares, Saturn or Venus within that declination from the horizon (14 to 26 degrees).

Based on the exposure time (8 seconds), the fact you were holding the camera, even against the car, with the focal lens set at 85mm, I submit that you were capturing one of those objects on your camera, but because of the exposure time, and the fact the camera was being held by you, movement from your hands transferred to the camera during exposure, causing the effect we see in your OP Pictures.

Part of what highly suggests this, again, is by comparing the street light streaks, with the object:

As you said you can't afford a better camera (I understand how expensive they are, I own a Canon Rebel T3i):

might I suggest trying to buy a tripod? They are not as expensive, and if you get a chance to take pictures of the strange behavior you said you saw, you'll be able to take much better pictures of it with those long exposures, with no camera shake involved.

You might even be able to capture some great wide lens astrophotography shots like mine here of the Milky Way galaxy:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Good work!! I appreciate all the time you put in to this.

I'll definitely look into buying a tripod. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

These are some great pictures you captured, as some others have suggested these beings cant be Space Junk. I believe these could the infamous space worms, odd how the one you captured with your camera is glowing?

I highly doubt those are street lights.
edit on 13-9-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Thank you.

No, I don't think the light is coming from the street light either. It glowed like that every night I saw it, even in places where there were no lights around.

I think we have it figured out, but time will tell. I'll be watching the skies, believe me! If I see anything else, I'll be sure to come back with info.

I need to buy a tripod first.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Does anyone find the connection between "celestial beings" and indistinguishable objects as hilarious as I do?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Over four hours, and no replies. So, I guess that means, NO.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'm sure that's what it means.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join