It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celestial Being Caught on Camera? WTH is This?!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

You have photographed a very rare and elusive Space Cheeto!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Venus was closer on Saturday and Saturn on Sunday.

Sometimes clouds and the atmosphere make stars look like they are moving and zooming a bit.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

I love your analogy. And I love Cheetos! LOL

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That looks like a sea horse. WEIRD. Gave me goosebumps.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Its Breaking On CNN!!

CNN From Man of Steel

World Machine.hehe

piece Ms. Sled

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It reminds me of some of the images captured by John Lenard Walson. It would be great if someone living in your area could use a telescope and camera set up to capture a better look.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Maybe It's an Arrow pointing at the Middle East and sending out a signal which says "bomb here"!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

What kind of camera did you use?

You said you had it sitting on your car to steady it. Okay. However, were you still holding it at all?

When you opened the shutter (took the picture), you had to touch the camera, did you have a setting to delay opening up the shutter? (asking because click in the the shutter can cause the camera to move during long exposures)

During the 8 seconds while taking the picture, did you touch the car at all? Lean on it at all? Lean on it then straightened up off of it? All those things can cause the car to move slightly, which in turn moves the camera, and during long exposures (especially zoomed in long exposures) will jitter the object on your picture.

I'm asking these questions because I do astrophotography shots with my DSLR camera. Camera has to be mounted on a tripod and not touched during exposures, especially long exposures.

Most wide angle lens shots, you can expose your frame for up to 15 seconds and there will be no streaking from the stars, moon, etc due to the Earth's rotation. Longer than than if you are not compensating for the rotation will cause streaks from the Earth's rotation if you're not tracking the object.

However, if you zoom in on a object, that 15 seconds is to long. Depending on the amount of zoom, 8 seconds can be way too long and the object in a picture will streak or move across the frame.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

BobAthome
anybody missing, within camera range?,,or died at the time the pic was taken?,,
well we do lose 2lbs, apparentlyunaccounted for,,so the rumour goes,,,, but might be just poop,,,

2 ounces not pounds

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hello,

In Dolores Cannon's book, The Convoluted Universe Volume 4, right after page 582 are a series of photographs taken by a mother and daughter that greatly GREATLY resemble your photographs. Under hypnosis, it was said of this object:

"...it's working with all the energies to move the planet forward in its evolution, and they are all interconnected. ... It affects the energy of the planet all the way down to the core ... it has to be raised as the planet evolves and moves higher in its evolution. ... The imagine that's in the sky works on the outside in."

Seriously, there is a striking resemblance. I suggest you get the book.

Aloha,
Crys

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

A crane light would have appeared close to the horizon. The thing I saw was up around the 1 o'clock mark on a clock the first night I saw it.
The third night it was at the 2 o'clock mark. Couldn't have been a crane light visible to me that high in the sky.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

If is shows up again, I'll try to get a video.
I don't know of anyone that has a telescope, or I would have already borrowed it. I would love to get an up close look at this thing! :O

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

LOL! You never know, right?! "They" are supposed to be helping us out to avoid destroying the Earth.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
this is CLEARLY a flare. i am genuinely embarrassed for the OP.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

so the Breath of Life weighs 2 oz. cool

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
eriktheawful

What kind of camera did you use?

It's a small Kodak Retinar 10 Megapixels with Aspheric Lens. 35-105mm, AF 3X Optical Zoom. 1033 HD.
Just a cheap camera to take pictures at family get-togethers, holidays, etc. It has about 18 different settings to use for the right type of picture you want, or you can use the auto focus. I had it set on night time landscape.

You said you had it sitting on your car to steady it. Okay. However, were you still holding it at all?

Yes. I was standing outside and had the camera sitting on the top of the car to avoid my shaky hands! LOL

When you opened the shutter (took the picture), you had to touch the camera, did you have a setting to delay opening up the shutter? (asking because click in the the shutter can cause the camera to move during long exposures)

The night time setting does this. Yes.

During the 8 seconds while taking the picture, did you touch the car at all? Lean on it at all? Lean on it then straightened up off of it? All those things can cause the car to move slightly, which in turn moves the camera, and during long exposures (especially zoomed in long exposures) will jitter the object on your picture.

I was completely still until the shutter closed to avoid moving the camera. But, it's hard to say if I did, or didn't.
I tried not to, and I didn't think I did, but, it's hard to say if it is as sensitive as you say it is.

I'm asking these questions because I do astrophotography shots with my DSLR camera. Camera has to be mounted on a tripod and not touched during exposures, especially long exposures.

Most wide angle lens shots, you can expose your frame for up to 15 seconds and there will be no streaking from the stars, moon, etc due to the Earth's rotation. Longer than than if you are not compensating for the rotation will cause streaks from the Earth's rotation if you're not tracking the object.

However, if you zoom in on a object, that 15 seconds is to long. Depending on the amount of zoom, 8 seconds can be way too long and the object in a picture will streak or move across the frame.

Good info here. I need to take a photography class, I suppose.
This could have been what caused the steaking in the photo, but it still doesn't explain the rest of my experience.

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

NVM...

edit on 12-9-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Brigidshine

REALLY?!!!
Thank you for that information. Now my curiosity is peaked!

I'll have to get that book, for sure!

Another one to add to my growing list! LOL

edit on 9/12/2013 by sled735 because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

ltinycdancerg
this is CLEARLY a flare. i am genuinely embarrassed for the OP.

That's a mighty huge flare! And it has been burning for close to a month!
And, soooooo far out in space too! Wow!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join